By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Nintendo waiting on Sony for the next direct?

Is Nintendo waiting on Sony?

Yes 5 8.47%

NO 54 91.53%

Total:59

If anything they would be doing it to avoid their own announcements being overshadowed. As long as they're not happening days apart I dont think they need to worry.

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
sethnintendo said:

You are about the same age as me yet you claim not to know Nintendo systems usually never sold at a loss.  In fact the Wii U was their only system that was sold at loss or near break even.  I believe it took it a year or two before it was not sold at a loss.  It isn't hard to see Nintendo's strategy when developing systems. If you have been paying attention since NES and Game Boy days then you would understand their strategy.  They don't push for cutting edge but look for best parts available years prior to develop a system that makes money and is affordable to mass consumer.

Age and knowledge don't go hand and hand all the time. Just because I have a Nintendo doesn't mean  I know how much the Nintendo cost to make.

Same with every system. The only one I think I ever learned about is the PS3. 

Buying it doesn't give me knowledge about it.

Look at a Game Boy then a Game Gear.

Then look at a DS then a PSP.

Then look at a 3DS and Vita.

That is Nintendo strategy.  It's just little more obvious in handhelds.  It's obvious which ones have better tech yet they still lost.

I am now sure this Direct is completely ready, their marketing teams are composed with genius who can think forward much beyond what we can.
They are pushing a few more days to reach the boiling point of the buzz.