By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Nintendo waiting on Sony for the next direct?

Is Nintendo waiting on Sony?

Yes 5 8.47%

NO 54 91.53%

Total:59

People should know by now that Nintendo just does whatever the hell the want regardless. They don't care what Sony is doing and they often don't seem to care about their own fans. Nintendo is just going to do what they want when they feel like it.

Around the Network

I hope whatever they're waiting on blows past so I can get that Xenoblade X port announcement ;)

https://youtu.be/Kk_I34t6sAw

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

No. If anything they might want to keep the Direct as far away from PS5's event. A new console takes a lot of the attention away. The Direct should have been done already.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

unless nintendo will announce switch 2 omega pro.... no...
maybe it is the other way around...

nintendo doesnt want to announce games then be overshadowed by sony's ps5 unveil....

More copies of animal crossing will sell this year than PS5's so Sony should be worried about Nintendo's direct rather than the opposite.

/Thread

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
Dulfite said:
More copies of animal crossing will sell this year than PS5's so Sony should be worried about Nintendo's direct rather than the opposite.

/Thread

Think you meant /S. For sarcasm. 

Comparing a $60 game to a 400/500/600 system is very awkward.

But the ps5 will have at least 7 months head start on animal crossing this year so that evens out

I think sony is waiting for the Nintendo show, as usual.

"Every day I look in the mirror and ask myself: "If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?". If the answer is no for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something"

Steve Jobs

manuelogando40 said:

I think sony is waiting for the Nintendo show, as usual.

That IS usually the way it goes. Sony takes no risks until they've seen Nintendo's cards :D

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Bandorr said:
Dulfite said:

/Thread

Think you meant /S. For sarcasm. 

Comparing a $60 game to a 400/500/600 system is very awkward.

The trustworthy internet rumors state Sony will sell ps5 at a loss. Nintendo will not sell Animal Crossing at a loss, therefore they will make far more profit on each sold whereas Sony will make NEGATIVE. Do you hear me they will make BELOW ZERO. Their sales will be near ABSOLUTE ZERO in profit.

/Thread times two

#iamsorightamiright

Bandorr said:
Dulfite said:

The trustworthy internet rumors state Sony will sell ps5 at a loss. Nintendo will not sell Animal Crossing at a loss, therefore they will make far more profit on each sold whereas Sony will make NEGATIVE. Do you hear me they will make BELOW ZERO. Their sales will be near ABSOLUTE ZERO in profit.

/Thread times two

#iamsorightamiright

Are you drunk? This reads like the ramblings of a drunk.  The PS5 will probably sold at a loss.  I'm actually not sure what console has ever been sold (at the start) at not a loss.  Probably even the switch was sold as a loss.

And again you're comparing a $60 game to a game console that has no price or release date.

I am not drunk, nor have I ever been, nor do I desire to ever be. I am, however, feeling quite silly.

Nintendo, if I have read correctly, often sells hardware at a profit.