By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Nintendo waiting on Sony for the next direct?

 

Is Nintendo waiting on Sony?

Yes 5 8.47%
 
NO 54 91.53%
 
Total:59
Bandorr said:
Dulfite said:
More copies of animal crossing will sell this year than PS5's so Sony should be worried about Nintendo's direct rather than the opposite.

/Thread

Think you meant /S. For sarcasm. 

Comparing a $60 game to a 400/500/600 system is very awkward.

But the ps5 will have at least 7 months head start on animal crossing this year so that evens out



Around the Network

I think sony is waiting for the Nintendo show, as usual.



"Every day I look in the mirror and ask myself: "If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?". If the answer is no for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something"

Steve Jobs

manuelogando40 said:

I think sony is waiting for the Nintendo show, as usual.

That IS usually the way it goes. Sony takes no risks until they've seen Nintendo's cards :D



Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Bandorr said:
Dulfite said:
More copies of animal crossing will sell this year than PS5's so Sony should be worried about Nintendo's direct rather than the opposite.

/Thread

Think you meant /S. For sarcasm. 

Comparing a $60 game to a 400/500/600 system is very awkward.

The trustworthy internet rumors state Sony will sell ps5 at a loss. Nintendo will not sell Animal Crossing at a loss, therefore they will make far more profit on each sold whereas Sony will make NEGATIVE. Do you hear me they will make BELOW ZERO. Their sales will be near ABSOLUTE ZERO in profit.

/Thread times two

#iamsorightamiright



Dulfite said:
Bandorr said:

Think you meant /S. For sarcasm. 

Comparing a $60 game to a 400/500/600 system is very awkward.

The trustworthy internet rumors state Sony will sell ps5 at a loss. Nintendo will not sell Animal Crossing at a loss, therefore they will make far more profit on each sold whereas Sony will make NEGATIVE. Do you hear me they will make BELOW ZERO. Their sales will be near ABSOLUTE ZERO in profit.

/Thread times two

#iamsorightamiright

Are you drunk? This reads like the ramblings of a drunk.  The PS5 will probably sold at a loss.  I'm actually not sure what console has ever been sold (at the start) at not a loss.  Probably even the switch was sold as a loss.

And again you're comparing a $60 game to a game console that has no price or release date.



  • Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)
Around the Network
Bandorr said:
Dulfite said:

The trustworthy internet rumors state Sony will sell ps5 at a loss. Nintendo will not sell Animal Crossing at a loss, therefore they will make far more profit on each sold whereas Sony will make NEGATIVE. Do you hear me they will make BELOW ZERO. Their sales will be near ABSOLUTE ZERO in profit.

/Thread times two

#iamsorightamiright

Are you drunk? This reads like the ramblings of a drunk.  The PS5 will probably sold at a loss.  I'm actually not sure what console has ever been sold (at the start) at not a loss.  Probably even the switch was sold as a loss.

And again you're comparing a $60 game to a game console that has no price or release date.

I am not drunk, nor have I ever been, nor do I desire to ever be. I am, however, feeling quite silly.

Nintendo, if I have read correctly, often sells hardware at a profit.



AAA300 said:

The rumor of Sony having a big ps5 event in February has me thinking that maybe the delay in the next direct may be because of it. Could Nintendo be holding off on their next direct until after this event in hopes to steal some of Sony's thunder? It would explain this long delay as we usually have a big direct by now. It would be a good  idea to keep the news from being all next gen. with a boat load of new  games. Does any else think this will happen?

Good theory, good to know a direct about a game is being delayed for a direct about a console... neat.



Nintendo stopped caring what the competition has been doing since Wii in 2006. I don't think Sony is the reason.



Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

 

sales2099 said:
Nintendo stopped caring what the competition has been doing since Wii in 2006. I don't think Sony is the reason.

As if Nintendo knew anything about Sony’s schedule for PS5 news and reveal.




Bandorr said:
Dulfite said:

The trustworthy internet rumors state Sony will sell ps5 at a loss. Nintendo will not sell Animal Crossing at a loss, therefore they will make far more profit on each sold whereas Sony will make NEGATIVE. Do you hear me they will make BELOW ZERO. Their sales will be near ABSOLUTE ZERO in profit.

/Thread times two

#iamsorightamiright

Are you drunk? This reads like the ramblings of a drunk.  The PS5 will probably sold at a loss.  I'm actually not sure what console has ever been sold (at the start) at not a loss.  Probably even the switch was sold as a loss.

And again you're comparing a $60 game to a game console that has no price or release date.

The Gamecube was always sold at a profit. Nintendo actually made more money than Sony during that stretch with GBA plus GCN. Microsoft lost nearly $1B on the original Xbox - it was never sold at a profit to my knowledge. 



Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7