By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your top 10 favorite boss battles of the 2010's!

curl-6 said:
mZuzek said:

Well I mean, if you haven't played Hollow Knight, then clearly this is a true statement.

I'm generally not into indie games. I prefer games to live up the the production values of the system I'm buying them for, and I typically don't like hand-drawn art styles.

You're depriving yourself of a masterpiece by doing so.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
curl-6 said:

I'm generally not into indie games. I prefer games to live up the the production values of the system I'm buying them for, and I typically don't like hand-drawn art styles.

You're depriving yourself of a masterpiece by doing so.

I get the distinct feeling I wouldn't like it, so to me it probably wouldn't be a masterpiece.

I don't know about last decade, but there is one about to be playable against that will beat anything else in the New Roaring 20's:

Tom Nook. Animal Crossing New Horizons

Spoiler!

Guardian Scout IV - A Major Test of Strength - Breath of the Wild: I know, I know, hear me out. Fighting these guys eventually becomes habit, BUT, the first time, when I was weak and underleveled and with poor weapons and still exploring, it was one of the most thrilling moments in gaming ever. For the one, singular time this boss was challenging, I have to give it a hats off. Same could have been said about my first encounter WITH Stalnox and Lynel.

Sans - Undertale: Not only is this a supremely fun battle to play, but the things he tells you while you play are legitimately great lines.

Mantis Lords: Hollow Knight - For some reason, this one stuck with me. Maybe it's the way they are awaiting you, and then the tension of having to fight three bosses? Either way, this might be my favorite.

Agent Black - Iconoclasts: A profoundly emotional battle, great music, and like most of the game, a blast to play.

I might have to come back to this list later, but these off the top of my head.

Last edited by Moren - on 06 February 2020

Gonna be honest...it is hars to recall 10 that really stood out enough to make a full list. Here are some honorable mentions though, in no real order.

Ganondorf in Twilight Princess HD (it was pretty epic)
Several Bloodborne bosses (hard to pick one)
Taken King in Destiny (fun with old friends)
Virgil in DMC V (cause it's Virgil)

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

double yikes

ARamdomGamer said:
curl-6 said:

double yikes

What's yikes about having preferences?

We all have types of games that we like and don't like. Some people dislike FPS games, some platformers, some games with realistic art styles, some AAA games.

I get that my tastes aren't popular, but the way I see it, to each their own.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 07 February 2020

curl-6 said:
ARamdomGamer said:

double yikes

Yeah... You'd think that.

You'd be surprised.

Seriously tho, you should give Hollow Knight a chance. If for nothing more than the fact that you'd be getting WAY more than your money's worth with that game. 

I want to put a video but the formatting is not working for me.

Anyway, I'd put 5 bosses from Xenoblade X, none of them from the main story, so not sure if that counts:
- Dadaan
- Gradivus
- Telethia
- Nardacyon
- Pharsis

- Tyrannotitan Kurodil from Xenoblade 2

From Bayonetta:
- Sapientia (which also appears in 2)
- Final boss

- Cyberdemon from DOOM 2016. Really badass fight.

- And Final boss from Pikmin 3

Gradivus, the Headless Emperor is my top choice, though. Simply hilarious within the context of Xenoblade X. I can't remember how many times I messed around with him.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Jpcc86 said:
curl-6 said:

Yeah... You'd think that.

You'd be surprised.

Seriously tho, you should give Hollow Knight a chance. If for nothing more than the fact that you'd be getting WAY more than your money's worth with that game. 

Honestly the biggest factor is Hollow Knight seems like it would almost certainly be too hard for me. I'm not a terribly skilled gamer due to not having the best hand-eye coordination, and I get really frustrated and unhappy when a game is too difficult. Just doesn't seem like my cup of tea.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 07 February 2020