By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Interactive Entertainment closes Manchester Studio, bringing the 1st party studio count down to 14

What games did this studio make?

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
JRPGfan said:
What games did this studio make?

They were a VR studio founded in 2015. Not sure which PSVR games they made.

Me either... I tried to google it, and found nothing (im lazy and just did a quick looksie).

If it was just a money drain that didnt produce anything,.... meh, no biggy.
Just open up a new one, some place else instead and set them to work on another 1st party game.

*edit:

shikamaru317 said:

This was sudden. They were hiring just a few days ago:

Is it possible it was just a studio that did small childrens games?
and workshop projects to introduce girls and youths to programing?

Im all for #girlpower ect, but that stuff maters like nothing to me.
I'd honestly rather have money and projects go towards makeing "real" AAA level 1st party games.

Not PSVR or small kid games, or teaching kids.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 04 February 2020

Sudden yes, but it seems it was necessary.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

13 you say? Does that include their recent acquisition of Insomniac?

So does that mean Microsoft has now a count of studios that is bigger than Sony's?

Quick Sony, purchase Housemarque, Remedy, From Software and Deck 13 and maybe consider either CD Projekt and/or Techland.

So one could argue that Sony wasn't United around them?

Oh, hello door. Why thank you for opening. I'll see myself out.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
This makes the 5th UK first party studio that Sony has closed in the last decade. The other 4 are Guerrilla Cambridge, Evolution Studios, Studio Liverpool, and Bigbig Studios.

So, Sony is pulling their own Brexit?

I’m going to say something that is now fact and not fiction...something that if I said it I would have been dismissed as a pipe dream:

In February 2020, Xbox how has more 1st party studios then Sony.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:

I’m going to say something that is now fact and not fiction...something that if I said it I would have been dismissed as a pipe dream:

But...don't they both have 14?

thismeintiel said:
sales2099 said:

Xbox gamers count the Xbox Studios Publishing group as a dev in itself. I mean they are bringing Ori 2, Tell Me Why and Flight Simulator this year alone. 

Even if you don’t count it, the fact that they are tied...or we even having this discussion, says a lot. You could have never claimed this since 2001-now. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
thismeintiel said:

Xbox gamers count the Xbox Studios Publishing group as a dev in itself. I mean they are bringing Ori 2, Tell Me Why and Flight Simulator this year alone. 

Even if you don’t count it, the fact that they are tied...or we even having this discussion, says a lot. You could have never claimed this since 2001-now. 

Now that they have matched them in quantity, we'll see if they can match them in quality, the far more important measurement.