By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Interactive Entertainment closes Manchester Studio, bringing the 1st party studio count down to 14

DonFerrari said:
sales2099 said:

Isn’t FF7 a timed exclusive? Regardless the first step is matching their capabilities. With the exclusives gap this gen, this is a milestone in itself, that’s all I am saying 

Now this is preference, but the only Horizon worth a damn this gen is Forza Horizon 4 ;)

Having same number of studios is nowhere the same as matching their capabilities, not even in the number of developers, much less on the experience and quality of the team.

Right, as I said given the gap this is a win in itself. At the very least it’s progress, can’t deny that. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
DonFerrari said:

Having same number of studios is nowhere the same as matching their capabilities, not even in the number of developers, much less on the experience and quality of the team.

Right, as I said given the gap this is a win in itself. At the very least it’s progress, can’t deny that. 

Yes it is progress and I'm very interested on the output and for sure would like that they do very well. May not like Halo for example (not a FPS fan or multiplayer person) but it is a very important franchise with a lot of fans that deserve to be well served.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Sony seems to be on a misson to kill everything I loved about PlayStation. The death of PlayStation Vue was already bad enough, now they have killed off their only 1st Party Studio dedicated to the creation of AAA PSVR titles.

This is just not the same company I bought into with PS1, PS2, PSP, PS3, Music Unlimited, PlayStation Home, 3D, PlayStation Move, PS4, PS Now, PS Vue, and PSVR. Sony has completely changed between 2017 - 2020, and I don't like this new direction at all. They have a few incredible, industry leading AAA titles coming out of SIEWWS, but they are under delivering in every other aspect. Very disappointing.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

KBG29 said:
Sony seems to be on a misson to kill everything I loved about PlayStation. The death of PlayStation Vue was already bad enough, now they have killed off their only 1st Party Studio dedicated to the creation of AAA PSVR titles.

This is just not the same company I bought into with PS1, PS2, PSP, PS3, Music Unlimited, PlayStation Home, 3D, PlayStation Move, PS4, PS Now, PS Vue, and PSVR. Sony has completely changed between 2017 - 2020, and I don't like this new direction at all. They have a few incredible, industry leading AAA titles coming out of SIEWWS, but they are under delivering in every other aspect. Very disappointing.

Studio dedicated to releasing exactly 0 games.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Machina said:
shikamaru317 said:
This makes the 5th UK first party studio that Sony has closed in the last decade. The other 4 are Guerrilla Cambridge, Evolution Studios, Studio Liverpool, and Bigbig Studios.

FeelsBadMan

Those two still hurt, especially Studio Liverpool, since that effectively killed the WipEout series. Sent out to die by being drafted to work on a DoA-in-the-west handheld. They hadn't made any bad games either.

long live Psygnosis .they should bring studio liverpool  back in that guise I well remember their  8 and 16 bit games under Ian Hetherington and like you said wipeout.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot