By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: Platinum Games will Open a Kickstarter on Monday for a Wonderful 101 Port to Switch and PS4 (COMFIRMED!)

Tagged games:

ryuzaki57 said:
cycycychris said: 

I'm hyped about the revival of the Wonderful 101, what about you guys? Apparently Platinum and Nintendo are co-owners of the IP, Platinum likely bought Nintendo's half.

Could they buy Nintendo's half in Bayonetta 2? I would throw my whole bank account in a Bayonetta 2 Kickstarter for PS4.

Pretty sure it would cost more than either Platinum or you could possibly afford to get Nintendo to relinquish its part of Bayonetta 2. Nintendo not only published it, they financed its entire development. It's basically as much of a first party game as Mario or Zelda.

Around the Network
ryuzaki57 said:
cycycychris said: 

I'm hyped about the revival of the Wonderful 101, what about you guys? Apparently Platinum and Nintendo are co-owners of the IP, Platinum likely bought Nintendo's half.

Could they buy Nintendo's half in Bayonetta 2? I would throw my whole bank account in a Bayonetta 2 Kickstarter for PS4.

You could always keep your life savings and drop a comparatively meager $360 to play it on Switch  

RolStoppable said:
Sounds so farfetched. Nintendo would be more likely to just hoard the IP than sell it. And if Platinum had the money to buy the rights from Nintendo, then they should have had the money to port the game without a kickstarter too. They'd first have to buy the rights before they can start a kickstarter and that comes with the risk that the kickstarter doesn't bring in enough money to finance the port(s), so the money spent on the rights would be wasted. But it's Kamiya's brainchild, so maybe the financial risk didn't matter too much.

You need to remember that money is not the only way that a deal can be struck.Platinum could have just as easily offered a smaller cut in other projects in exchange on the IP control.For example, instead of a 60% - 40% cut into the next Astral Chain game(in terms of profit), they could have negociated something closer to 70% - 30%.Given the game success, and since Wonderful 101 was a bomb and is seemingly a dead weight to Nintendo, it could be advantageous for Nintendo to make that deal.

Other thing that is also important to consider is that Platinum is important to Nintendo.Or rather, that they both have a good relationship.Since they made a game that was successful on the Swicth(Astral Chain), are developing Bayonetta 3(With the port of Bayonetta 2 also doing seemingly well) and who knows what else, it stands to reason that it would be wise for Nintendo to keep Platinum happy and make a deal that, while good, would favor them more.

Just to throw some ideas around.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

ryuzaki57 said:
cycycychris said: 

Bayonetta is far too important for Nintendo for them to just sell it away.And given that Bayonetta 3 is comming, thats not happening any time soon.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

twintail said:
ryuzaki57 said:

Bayonetta belongs to SEGA, so the answer to this would be no.

Bayonetta 2 belongs partially to Nintendo through, since they financiated the game.

Around the Network
Leynos said:
Liam is spotty at best. I can't imagine TW101 sold worse than TMS and that got a Switch port. We will see Monday but it's not all that uncommon for Liam to be wrong. Sabi has been spotty as well.

According to the figures we have, it sold very slightly better.  But it also launched at a better time, when the Wii U still had some hope of success.  And I don't know how the relative budget works for each, or their deal with Platinum vs the one with Atlus, but it may be possible 101 would have to sell more to be profitable.

Seriously? I don't believe a single word.

Wonderful 101 looks like a fun game. I hope the Kickstarter is successful (if this rumor is true).

SEGA owns the Bayo IP. Nintendo owns the code for 2 and 3. So not even SEGA can put Bayo 2 on anything else if they wanted. They likely would have to remake the game using new code and assets. That aint going to happen. I feel like this sis 2014 still.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

TomaTito said:

Do Playstation owners even want this game?

Doesn't it have too much colours?

You win the internet for the day!

#artsylesovergraphics