By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - You can lie to medias, but lying to investors is illegal.

Amnesia said:
RolStoppable said:

Power similar to XB1 and PS4 is a laughably small increase that isn't going to accomplish anything positive. The biggest change such a device is going to bring is a significant reduction in battery life.

Then something half way between the current Switch and the base XBOX1...Only that would already open a fair amount of potential.

I am just trying to imagine a scenario where they are successful and coherent. Don't blame me : 90% of the people here were absolutely sure that we were going to have a Switch Pro this year.

Yes, there were a lot of those people and they were all bound to be wrong. You should strive to be right instead of inserting yourself into the herd and running along with them.

Radek said:
RolStoppable said:

Power similar to XB1 and PS4 is a laughably small increase that isn't going to accomplish anything positive. The biggest change such a device is going to bring is a significant reduction in battery life.

Oh I see, so going from 540p (Witcher 3 docked Switch) to 1080p (4 times increase) on base PS4 is a laughably small increase, ok.

No it's not, it's a huge increase, as big as Xbox One S to Xbox One X. GTX 1650 would do the job.

That reads like a comparison of worst case scenario on Switch vs. best case scenario on the PS4. It also ignores battery life, cooling and casing.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

Around the Network

Am I the only one who doesn't want a Switch Pro? Better focus on the existing power rather than just go splitting up the userbase through power tiers.



You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:
Am I the only one who doesn't want a Switch Pro? Better focus on the existing power rather than just go splitting up the userbase through power tiers.

Most Switch fans don't want a Pro.

Switch Pro is this generation's Wii HD, a desire that is mainly driven by fans of other consoles because Nintendo is supposed to play by the rules.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

RolStoppable said:
Amnesia said:

Then something half way between the current Switch and the base XBOX1...Only that would already open a fair amount of potential.

I am just trying to imagine a scenario where they are successful and coherent. Don't blame me : 90% of the people here were absolutely sure that we were going to have a Switch Pro this year.

Yes, there were a lot of those people and they were all bound to be wrong. You should strive to be right instead of inserting yourself into the herd and running along with them.

Radek said:

Oh I see, so going from 540p (Witcher 3 docked Switch) to 1080p (4 times increase) on base PS4 is a laughably small increase, ok.

No it's not, it's a huge increase, as big as Xbox One S to Xbox One X. GTX 1650 would do the job.

That reads like a comparison of worst case scenario on Switch vs. best case scenario on the PS4. It also ignores battery life, cooling and casing.

No it's not, it's probably most demanding game on the Switch and many Switch games are 720p and sometimes less now a days docked.

540p is the bottom resolution true but PS4 stayes locked at 1080p so it's still 4 times higher and also higher details and I didn't even mention that.

PS4 level GPU would be around 4X or even 4.5X more powerful than regular Switch, similar to Xbox One / S to Xbox One X.

Outer Worlds is probably a 360p game portable and 720p docked like Doom.

GTX 1650 is a entry level GPU that can achieve power above PS4 and it's Ampere version will be even more effiecient.



Radek said:
RolStoppable said:

That reads like a comparison of worst case scenario on Switch vs. best case scenario on the PS4. It also ignores battery life, cooling and casing.

No it's not, it's probably most demanding game on the Switch and many Switch games are 720p and less now a days docked.

540p is the bottom resolution true but PS4 stayes locked at 1080p so it's still 4 times higher and also higher details and I didn't even mention that.

PS4 level GPU would be around 4X or even 4.5X more powerful than regular Switch, similar to Xbox One / S to Xbox One X.

I checked, and The Witcher 3 runs in 720p on Switch; 540p is the resolution in portable mode. You also forgot to mention the common framerate drops of the PS4 version to 20 fps.

You didn't address battery life either.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Radek said:

No it's not, it's probably most demanding game on the Switch and many Switch games are 720p and less now a days docked.

540p is the bottom resolution true but PS4 stayes locked at 1080p so it's still 4 times higher and also higher details and I didn't even mention that.

PS4 level GPU would be around 4X or even 4.5X more powerful than regular Switch, similar to Xbox One / S to Xbox One X.

I checked, and The Witcher 3 runs in 720p on Switch; 540p is the resolution in portable mode. You also forgot to mention the common framerate drops of the PS4 version to 20 fps.

You didn't address battery life either.

Poor reasearch on your part then because it runs UP TO 720p with 540p being the lowest number in docked mode and it's running at sub 720p a lot of the time.

Portable mode is 440p up to 540p.

On the other hand PS4 is always 1080p which is 4 times 540p and it runs on mix of medium and high details while Switch is on the lowest preset.

And I did adress battery life. Ampere 50 series GPU will provide similar battery life to regular Switch.



Radek said:
RolStoppable said:

I checked, and The Witcher 3 runs in 720p on Switch; 540p is the resolution in portable mode. You also forgot to mention the common framerate drops of the PS4 version to 20 fps.

You didn't address battery life either.

Poor reasearch on your part then because it runs UP TO 720p with 540p being the lowest number in docked mode and it's running at sub 720p a lot of the time.

Portable mode is 440p up to 540p.

On the other hand PS4 is always 1080p which is 4 times 540p and it runs on mix of medium and high details while Switch is on the lowest preset.

And I did adress battery life. Ampere 50 series GPU will provide similar battery life to regular Switch.

Why again should I believe you?



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

RolStoppable said:
Radek said:

Poor reasearch on your part then because it runs UP TO 720p with 540p being the lowest number in docked mode and it's running at sub 720p a lot of the time.

Portable mode is 440p up to 540p.

On the other hand PS4 is always 1080p which is 4 times 540p and it runs on mix of medium and high details while Switch is on the lowest preset.

And I did adress battery life. Ampere 50 series GPU will provide similar battery life to regular Switch.

Why again should I believe you?

Ok boomer, ignore facts and don't believe me.



Darwinianevolution said:
Am I the only one who doesn't want a Switch Pro? Better focus on the existing power rather than just go splitting up the userbase through power tiers.

I want the next leap to be their next-gen console, not interested in doing the whole mid-gen upgrade



Amnesia said:
Bandorr said:
This "super switch" would have a handheld as powerful as the ps4? Or only when docked? An only when docked console would be very strange for the switch. The "portability" of it is the saving grace of it.

In handled : 1080p

In docked : 1440p or even 4K

If I did a Switch+ version it would be:

  • Handheld: double the battery life.
  • Docked: double the power.

The extra docked power would only improve performance and resolution for those dynamically scaled titles.



@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"