By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - You can lie to medias, but lying to investors is illegal.

Amnesia said:

I am not the only one to have thought that, so it seems that lying to investors can have very bad consequences, and here this would be a significant and strong lie to the investors, the sentence was clear...If it would have been instead something less accurate like :

"We are not planning to release a new hardware this year"

This would have still let a room for a Switch pro...Because it would not be a "new" hardware but just a variation of the existing...

What did they say exactly? I assume this is from their quarterly results?

I also haven't been keeping up with the recent Switch Pro rumor development. I think I heard something about a new Switch version coming this year, but we don't know what it is yet.



Around the Network
Hiku said:
Amnesia said:

I am not the only one to have thought that, so it seems that lying to investors can have very bad consequences, and here this would be a significant and strong lie to the investors, the sentence was clear...If it would have been instead something less accurate like :

"We are not planning to release a new hardware this year"

This would have still let a room for a Switch pro...Because it would not be a "new" hardware but just a variation of the existing...

What did they say exactly? I assume this is from their quarterly results?

I also haven't been keeping up with the recent Switch Pro rumor development. I think I heard something about a new Switch version coming this year, but we don't know what it is yet.

The best would be to find the original Japanese statement...From that there has been a ton of slightly different interpretation in every other languages. They can't lie to people who are putting money on their company, but they could have played with words also to avoid lying and hide as best as they could that a new model of Switch was coming this year.



Current PB on Secret of Mana remake : 2h27 (2nd)
Strongest worldwide achievement on TGM : 1st European S13 rank
Fastest TGM3 MASTER in Europe : rank Master V in 5min10
Western record on TGM3 EASY : 1484
Current PB on Power Ranger (Game Gear) : 10min06 (World Record)

Non-geek activity : ThermalHungary

Hiku said:
Amnesia said:

I am not the only one to have thought that, so it seems that lying to investors can have very bad consequences, and here this would be a significant and strong lie to the investors, the sentence was clear...If it would have been instead something less accurate like :

"We are not planning to release a new hardware this year"

This would have still let a room for a Switch pro...Because it would not be a "new" hardware but just a variation of the existing...

What did they say exactly? I assume this is from their quarterly results?

I also haven't been keeping up with the recent Switch Pro rumor development. I think I heard something about a new Switch version coming this year, but we don't know what it is yet.

"Please note that we have no plans to launch a new Nintendo Switch model during 2020."

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2020/200131_2e.pdf

It's at the top of page 10.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

What is this thread even about? OP is talking about a Switch Pro but talking about it like its a Switch 2. Any Switch Pro that comes out is not gonna be some super powered Switch that splits the game base into two libraries, that is a Switch 2. A premium version of the Switch, which I'm sure will come out at some point if not this year, will be more like, "hey all the games run smoother and in a bit higher rez" sort of performance bump, not a whole new gen bump in performance, because that would be stupid and that is what the next gen would be for, which is years away for Nintendo.



My predictions for the Super Switch:

Nintendo Sneak attack by revealing it will use the original Switch dock, controllers, and joycons, thereby allowing them to build $80 for joycons and $40 for dock = $120 value into the Super Switch, still charging $300 for it when it launches even though it funtions more like a $420 console, enabling it to have PS4 pro power docked and 1080p handheld screen with multitouch technology and 3D lens built into it with a 3d camera like 3DS.



Around the Network

This thread gave me a headache.



Dulfite said:
My predictions for the Super Switch:

Nintendo Sneak attack by revealing it will use the original Switch dock, controllers, and joycons, thereby allowing them to build $80 for joycons and $40 for dock = $120 value into the Super Switch, still charging $300 for it when it launches even though it funtions more like a $420 console, enabling it to have PS4 pro power docked and 1080p handheld screen with multitouch technology and 3D lens built into it with a 3d camera like 3DS.

Sarcasm?



RolStoppable said:
Hiku said:

What did they say exactly? I assume this is from their quarterly results?

I also haven't been keeping up with the recent Switch Pro rumor development. I think I heard something about a new Switch version coming this year, but we don't know what it is yet.

"Please note that we have no plans to launch a new Nintendo Switch model during 2020."

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2020/200131_2e.pdf

It's at the top of page 10.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

When they say ''no plans to launch a new nintendo switch model during 2020'' i almost hear we get a new model in 2021,i mean otherwise the answer would have been more absolute no?

hmmmmmmm



Immersiveunreality said:
RolStoppable said:

"Please note that we have no plans to launch a new Nintendo Switch model during 2020."

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2020/200131_2e.pdf

It's at the top of page 10.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

When they say ''no plans to launch a new nintendo switch model during 2020'' i almost hear we get a new model in 2021,i mean otherwise the answer would have been more absolute no?

hmmmmmmm

If you click on the link to view the presentation, you can see how Nintendo explains the two key points to enable Switch to have a long lifecycle. The first one is that the handheld consoles they've made in the past came in various forms to address the needs of different types of customers, so Switch will have more than the original and Lite models during its lifecycle. That's when the sentence I quoted above comes in play; Nintendo makes it clear that a third model isn't planned to launch during 2020.

The second key point is to continue to make high profile first party software.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

Nu-13 said:
Dulfite said:
My predictions for the Super Switch:

Nintendo Sneak attack by revealing it will use the original Switch dock, controllers, and joycons, thereby allowing them to build $80 for joycons and $40 for dock = $120 value into the Super Switch, still charging $300 for it when it launches even though it funtions more like a $420 console, enabling it to have PS4 pro power docked and 1080p handheld screen with multitouch technology and 3D lens built into it with a 3d camera like 3DS.

Sarcasm?

No. Think of what an extra $120 could do for adding to what the Switch brings internally. Plus newer tech now.