By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - You can lie to medias, but lying to investors is illegal.

Dulfite said:
My predictions for the Super Switch:

Nintendo Sneak attack by revealing it will use the original Switch dock, controllers, and joycons, thereby allowing them to build $80 for joycons and $40 for dock = $120 value into the Super Switch, still charging $300 for it when it launches even though it funtions more like a $420 console, enabling it to have PS4 pro power docked and 1080p handheld screen with multitouch technology and 3D lens built into it with a 3d camera like 3DS.

That would be so perfect. Man. I would love each and every single thing you said. Check, check and check! Built in 3d screen like the 3ds at 1080p would be so amazing.... I loved the 3ds and the 3d... I always had the 3d slider at maximum at all times, on all games. I absolutely loved the depth it gave. But, I cant imagine that there are mobile chips that would be at the level of power that the pro has..... are there? I honestly dont know.  Either way... it's fun to think about the future of the switch.

Around the Network
Radek said:
RolStoppable said:

I checked, and The Witcher 3 runs in 720p on Switch; 540p is the resolution in portable mode. You also forgot to mention the common framerate drops of the PS4 version to 20 fps.

You didn't address battery life either.

Poor reasearch on your part then because it runs UP TO 720p with 540p being the lowest number in docked mode and it's running at sub 720p a lot of the time.

Portable mode is 440p up to 540p.

On the other hand PS4 is always 1080p which is 4 times 540p and it runs on mix of medium and high details while Switch is on the lowest preset.

And I did adress battery life. Ampere 50 series GPU will provide similar battery life to regular Switch.

Does the gtx 1650 ampere version really run on 10 watts? I'm really asking, I dont know. If so, that's just insane to imagine.  It would be awesome if they could put something like that in a switch 2..... but, is it a big chip? I'd guess it's pretty pricey compared to most mobile chips... maybe not?

Here is something I've thought about since the switch was released, and thought of even more with the revised and lite models.

My thought is, Nintendo could update their OS to allow for native overclocking. Maybe not so much on the OG model, but certainly with the revision and the lite.

From my understanding of the mariko chip in them, they arent just more efficient, but capable of overall more performance than the old chip. Higher clocks, higher bandwidth, more everything.

I think they should allow multiple system settings, allowing the user to decide if they want all out performance at the cost of battery life, or run it for long battery life. I have a 20k mah battery I always use anyway, so I'm dying for this option.

I would love to use the performance mode in handheld. This would be an easy, nearly no cost solution to bring a form of a switch pro.... by simply unlocking the fucking chip. Come on Nintendo.... do it. Please. Stop handcuffing the system just because you have a battery life target....

I also believe the OG switch would handle it too, because it basically does when docked... and the fan has alot of headroom too. Mine goes full blast, for no reason, from time to time when it's cold on startup. That little thing really moves a ton of air.

What do you guys think? Sorry for kind of rambling on.

I would love a metal version of the switch with improved battery life. A metal casing would be so cool

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Radek said:
Nu-13 said:

You will see a switch 2 in 2022 and it should be around 8x more powerful than the switch. Anyway those are retail prices with huge profit margins.

Make it March 2023 so Switch can have full 6 year life-time, after all it's not a failure like Wii U, no need to rush Switch 2 even if they never release Switch Pro.

Honestly, today for me, the games looks gorgeous on the Switch...Even next to PS4 and XBOX1. Zelda BoTW is gorgeous, Splatoon 2, Astral Chain, MK8 at 60fps, they all looks gorgeous enough to hold on the competition.

But after winter 2020, there will be TWO technical gen of difference, not only the graphics on PS5 and series X will be a step even higher, but the gameplay (AI, interaction, size of the worlds) as well will be at a higher level. I still see sales of the Switch collapsing from winter 2020 (Nintendo makes 50% of their yearly sales in financial Q3...), I hope I am wrong but I can't see the sales of the Switch staying healthy once we have the 2 other new big machines released.

If they have not reduced the price of the OG at 250 (300 including 1 game), with at least, BoTW 2, Bayonetta 3 and something else for Christmas, I see them being dangerously down for the next financial Q3.

Last edited by Amnesia - on 02 February 2020

Around the Network

People keep thinking that hardware power is an advantage.  It isn't.  From a business perspective hardware power is a disadvantage.  It drives up costs. 

Switch doesn't need a more powerful model to increase sales.  Sales are very strong already.  And if they want to increase sales then the main thing they can do to their hardware is cut the price.  There are still a lot of handheld gamers out there who can't really afford a Switch.  There are others who want a second one, but not at the $200/$300 price that it is currently at.

Switch doesn't even need an upgrade until they are ready for the Switch 2.  What they do actually need at some point is a price cut, but even that they don't need any time soon, because Switch is still selling extremely well.