By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Forbes (Opinion) : Why Sony Is About To Crush Microsoft All Over Again

Tagged games:

What do you think

Yes 23 57.50%

I fully disagree 9 22.50%

I half disagree 2 5.00%

i cannot predict the future 5 12.50%

Corona virus will win in the end 1 2.50%

Total:40

What a stupid survey, this kind of trashy thread has no place in gaming discussion. This trash deserve to be in a sony discussion.

⚠️ WARNED: Spamming (Backseat Moderating) ~ CGI

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 29 January 2020

Around the Network
yvanjean said:

What a stupid survey, this kind of trashy thread has no place in gaming discussion. This trash deserve to be in a sony discussion.

Dulfite said:
I still think MS has positioned themselves to have better first party output than Sony next gen. But I'm fully prepared to be wrong if those games are bad.

That's a bold statement when we have yet to see anything from their new studios, versus Sony who has a proven track record and hot sequels in the pipeline.

But we shall see, it will be more interesting than in a long time for sure.

Fully agree, this could have been written by myself. MS could do what Sony is doing, but they have decided on a different strategy. They are a giant company, I'm sure that the console side of things is not a priority to them in the big picture. Some people even say that they came in on the console business just to slow Sony down basically.

I find the Xbox PC service more appealing way to access exclusives than buying yet another hardware.
It's also ecologically more conscious, less plastic and waste being generated...

To the unified gaming platform !

Last edited by TomaTito - on 29 January 2020

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network

This is the only conclusion we can get to without MS having prooven anything yet with any of its new acquired studios.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Microsoft isn't even competing anymore. They don't need to sell Xboxes. They are perfectly fine with their users playing on Windows. Xbox is just another platform for them to sell software. They are a software company after all. The bigger fight will be between MS, Valve and Epic. Plus Microsoft is in an extremely good condition for the upcoming cloud gaming wars with Azure.

Sony in the other hand relies big time on their business with PlayStation. It has become one of the most important branches in the entire company. So guess who will push more for hardware sales.

Doesn't mean jack in the long Run though. Consoles as we know them are coming to an end. Which platform will remain relevant in the glorious future of mobile and cloud gaming remains to be seen.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Sony won CES with just a PS5 logo. Of course they're going to win.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
OdinHades said:

Doesn't mean jack in the long Run though. Consoles as we know them are coming to an end. Which platform will remain relevant in the glorious future of mobile and cloud gaming remains to be seen.

Meanwhile PS4 and Switch are selling like cupcakes.

I don't expect PS5 to dominate as PS4 did. PS4 had the benefit of Nintendo and MS doing everything wrong. Now Switch is on pace to outsell Wii. Series X announcement while it didn't set the world on fire. It wasn't an embarrassment either. It was serviceable. So already better than XBO. Not sure if it will be as close as PS3/360 sales but it will be much closer than this gen was.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!