By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - (UPDATE: Already Debunked) Rumor: Did Street Fighter V for Switch just leaked by EB games?

Tagged games:

I would be surprised and happy, but I expect jack from Capcom at this point.

The way they are treating the Switch like a red-headed stepchild makes no sense at this point. Especially how well they treated the 3DS with new Ace Attorney games, new Monster Hunter games, and even having Resident Evil Revelations as a timed exclusive. Hell, even the 3DS had Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition.

The Switch could have 100 million and not even receive a new game or a port of a current-gen game from Capcom (beyond Mega Man 11), based on what I have seen so far.

Square Enix has provided multiple ports of Final Fantasy games that some Nintendo fans have likely never played before, old Dragon Quest ports, Dragon Quest Builders 1 and 2, the Collection of Mana, World of Final Fantasy, a pocket edition of FFXV, a remake of Trials of Mana, an enhanced version of DQ11, Octopath Traveler, and the upcoming Bravely Default II. I don't expect DMCV, Monster Hunter World, or even Resident Evil 2 or 3 Remake, but I expected a little more from Capcom for Switch owners compared to what is actually brought in. Even the DMC games being on Nintendo consoles for the first time are kinda hindered by the fact that there is a DMC collection on other consoles.

I hope I'm wrong once the Switch's life is near its end, but there has been no signs of anything changing my stance on this.

Around the Network
Hiku said:
Ljink96 said:

Well, I say wait a few more weeks before we say debunked. Dude seems really cheeky in the tweet. But yeah as today now there's no SFV Switch.

He's often like that. But as I've followed Ono for almost 10 years on Twitter, I've seen him react to several Street Fighter leaks in that time.

He'll make a tweet saying something like ".... :(", and everyone who already knows, knows what he's referring to.
But what he doesn't do is link you to the leaked material. Not until Capcom are ready to make their official reveal, in whatever way they have planned.

They may move up the reveal a few days, like they did after the DLC characters planned to be revealed at EVO were leaked by Steam a few days earlier.

He wasn't happy about it.
But even then, that took a couple of days to arrange. It's only been a few hours since that EB games tweet. I doubt Ono has been able to discuss this with management on such short notice.
So his swift reply looks like he's putting the rumor to rest.

Ah, okay. Makes sense. Seems it has been really debunked now though, as supposedly the tweet was meant to highlight the PS4 version. Exclusivity deals are no joke. 

But the Switch in the tweet and "heading to"...I don't know how to feel about it. It's really strange. 

Last edited by Ljink96 - on 25 January 2020

Well I hope SFV will come to Series X.

I honestly didnt play much SFV due to the shit load times. Which has been an issue for several fighters this gen using that same engine.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

kazuyamishima said:
Nu-13 said:

Acording to sales data, no.

Capcom platinum titles sales:

- Street Fighter V: 3.9 million units 

- Street Fighter IV: 3.4 million units

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/finance/million.html

Who I should believe??

You can believe Capcom.

But you forgot about 4.4 million additional sales for SSFIV, SSFIVAE and USFIV. There was also about 1.3 million sales for the 3DS port.

SFIV sold much better, objectively.

We could argue a lot of people double dipped on SFIV. But I bet many did for SFV as well. SFV had rereleases as well bundled with season passes.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

kazuyamishima said:
Nu-13 said:

Acording to sales data, no.

Who I should believe??

Across all versions 4 sold 9m. But that's with like 4 rereleases over 12 years on every thing that could play it. 5 has in no way sold horrible 

Around the Network

As expected. The day Crapcom put out a Switch game that's not regurgitated old rope or low budget guff is the day Satan drives to work in a snow plough.

curl-6 said:

As expected. The day Crapcom put out a Switch game that's not regurgitated old rope or low budget guff is the day Satan drives to work in a snow plough.

LOL 

Well, I think they just talked too much and Capcom shut them down. The game may still come to Switch and may be announced at a later date.

Last edited by Vodacixi - on 26 January 2020

Mr Puggsly said:
kazuyamishima said:

Who I should believe??

You can believe Capcom.

But you forgot about 4.4 million additional sales for SSFIV, SSFIVAE and USFIV. There was also about 1.3 million sales for the 3DS port.

We could argue a lot of people double dipped on SFIV. But I bet many did for SFV as well. SFV had rereleases as well bundled with season passes.

That saves me the trouble of exlaining.

Mr Puggsly said:
kazuyamishima said:

Who I should believe??

You can believe Capcom.

Why would people buy sf5 twice? You're really reaching here. Sf5 arcade is not included in the 3.9m. The base game sold objectively better.