By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - (UPDATE: Already Debunked) Rumor: Did Street Fighter V for Switch just leaked by EB games?

Tagged games:

Well, this was going to be an error from the start. How did anyone think Capcom would just sell SFV instead of re-releasing it as Super Hyper SFV Alfa-Omega Special edition (with download only for Europe)?.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
DarthJarvis said:
Mr Puggsly said:

SFV hit 2.9 million a while back (LINK), why did people keep buying the vanilla version and not SFV:Arcade Edition?!??!

Clearly all SFV sales are lumped together. Discussion over!

You're seriously just spewing nonse right now and its kinds hilarious. SSF4 was definitely compatible with arcade and ultra yet the game is considered different by capcom.  I mean, it's in the link the guy posted earlier. 

The MP is not compatible between SSFIV, Arcade and Ultra. They don't share all the same updates or characters so they aren't compatible. Also, the physical versions aren't exactly the same as digital versions. The physical versions aren't SSFIV with an add on for example.

Anyway, Capcom is clearly treating SFIV versions as standalone games. This isnt happening with SFV:AE, given SFV kept selling significant numbers while SFV:AE was on the market. They are lumped together, Arcade Edition doesen't even exist in my PS4 or Steam library.

Last edited by Mr Puggsly - on 27 January 2020

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Rafie said:
Mr Puggsly said:

A GOTY edition of a game will have a different SKU as well. But that generally gets lumped in with the original version of a game.

I am not sure why this difficult for you to process. Each release of SFIV is a standalone product, their muliplayer isn't compatible with different versions for example.

The same thing was done with SFII and SFIII, each was considered its own game. Thus far there is only one version of SFV. SFV:AE was the same game bundled with season pass codes.

It's not that surprising SFV sold less. SFIV was one of the best selling fighting games ever, decline happens. Also, it probably lost about 2 million sales skipping Xbox.

We already know why Xbox and any other console was skipped over. The main reason why it sold less is because it was rushed. An unfinished product. The game felt incomplete. It wasn't until a year and a half ago or so that SFV started looking like the game it should have been in the first place. I'm sure had it released with the Arcade Edition content, SFV would have did the numbers it was suppose to. You're right though. It Capcom missed out on sales omitting the other platforms.

Also I can confirm that you don't need a separate disc for Champion Edition. I have it now and I've had vanilla SFV since launch. Capcom didn't lie when they said you would only ever need the base game.

I dont disagree entirely. I think a sales decline was virtually inevitable though. The game did poorly at $60, so many waited for discounts and updates before jumping in.

I was saying the physical SFV Champion Edition is probably the base game on a disc and a download code is included. That's how Arcade Edition was handled.

I just bought the CE add on last night to unlock everything. The game is much better now but those fucking load times kill me.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

People this day believe in a lot of senseless rumor, it was announced since the beginning to be fully exclusive on console for this numbered entry, nothing changed.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Mr Puggsly said:
DarthJarvis said:

You're seriously just spewing nonse right now and its kinds hilarious. SSF4 was definitely compatible with arcade and ultra yet the game is considered different by capcom.  I mean, it's in the link the guy posted earlier. 

Anyway, Capcom is clearly treating SFIV versions as standalone games. This isnt happening with SFV:AE, because SFV kept selling while SFV:AE was on the market.

As did SSF4. The arcade version of that only sold 1.1m on 3 platforms. and both ultra and arcade were DLC

Around the Network
DarthJarvis said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Anyway, Capcom is clearly treating SFIV versions as standalone games. This isnt happening with SFV:AE, because SFV kept selling while SFV:AE was on the market.

As did SSF4. The arcade version of that only sold 1.1m on 3 platforms.

SFIV didn't sell millions while updates were released. Instead the updates sold 4+ million. The updates combined sold better than original SFIV.

I have a feeling SFV is gonna keep selling even with SF:CE hitting the market soon. Because its all lumped together. I just bought Champion Edition last night, it just uses my original SFV purchase and unlocks content.

SFV focused on a single release and raped us with microtransactions. It was just a different strategy.

Recently Completed

Nu-13 said:
Rafie said:

We already know why Xbox and any other console was skipped over. The main reason why it sold less is because it was rushed. An unfinished product. The game felt incomplete. It wasn't until a year and a half ago or so that SFV started looking like the game it should have been in the first place. I'm sure had it released with the Arcade Edition content, SFV would have did the numbers it was suppose to. You're right though. It Capcom missed out on sales omitting the other platforms.

Also I can confirm that you don't need a separate disc for Champion Edition. I have it now and I've had vanilla SFV since launch. Capcom didn't lie when they said you would only ever need the base game.

You can't deny they lost sales by going exclusive for a series that was multiplatform since forever.

@bolded in my comment. I've addressed it.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Mar1217 said:
As for Capcom, their games got better but not their practices which makes them deserving of the Crapcom surname I'd say.

Outside of how SFV was handled, I have no significant complaints of Crapcom.

I just say Crapcom because I am witty.

Recently Completed

Mr Puggsly said:
routsounmanman said:

OR, you just cannot comprehend that we actually own other systems, we just want some respect. But talking out of your a** is more fun, I guess.

What a strange response.

Its not about respect genius, porting games to Switch is a fairly big endeavor and that's why 3rd parties often handle it. If the specs were more equal then ports would likely be easy.

Its certainly not just a Crapcom thing.

It is about respect. Do you even read about what we're complaining for in regards to Capcom? It's like you people plug your ears and yell EVERYTHING IS FINE, even though, clearly for a lot of people, it's not. But clearly you don't give a shit, so should we.

routsounmanman said:
Mr Puggsly said:

What a strange response.

Its not about respect genius, porting games to Switch is a fairly big endeavor and that's why 3rd parties often handle it. If the specs were more equal then ports would likely be easy.

Its certainly not just a Crapcom thing.

It is about respect. Do you even read about what we're complaining for in regards to Capcom? It's like you people plug your ears and yell EVERYTHING IS FINE, even though, clearly for a lot of people, it's not. But clearly you don't give a shit, so should we.

You don't need games, you need hugs.

Recently Completed