By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread

Somebody showed me a parody video on Facebook where there's a bunch of people on a plane and there's a public announcement explaining that the pilot has the coronavirus and has opted to self-quarantine at home, but that passengers shouldn't worry because the plane is on autopilot. I laughed.

Yeah, everybody can just work from home, no worries!

Around the Network

Apparently, a imunossupressive drug used in the past against arthritis is proving successful in treating some severe cases - namely, the ones where the body's own inflammatory response is causing damage to the lungs. That seems specially promissing for the more severe cases of younger people who don't contract secondary infections.

Cases in Mexico went from 12 to 41 in the space of three days. There are also 155 suspected cases at the moment. The outbreak here should start next week and general lockdowns should also commence very soon, sooner than I had expected.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Jaicee said:

You're right about the Chinese example though, they've done a pretty good job of containing the spread of coronavirus and there are lots of lessons that we SHOULD be learning from their experience here that we simply don't seem to want to. 

Have you missed the news about CCP jailing one of the doctors who tried to make an early warning about Corona Virus potentially spreading?

It's Taiwan who should be admired here. They've done a great job preventing it. You can count Hong Kong in as well for being so damn close yet not having it as bad as their neighbors.

There is literally nothing to admire about Mainland China. The methods they used are borderline oppressive just to do extreme damage control. That's CCP for you. They do whatever the fuck they want. Not to mention they've almost guaranteed to have adjusted those numbers further to tone down the severity of the case. No amount of praise from W.H.O., especially Tedros, can change the fact that they were the ones who fucked up in the first place just like what they did with SARS.

Last edited by iron_megalith - on 14 March 2020

So this old lady in the store said she hasn't seen the hoarding this bad since WW2

which got me thinking generally in those days they had the coalcellar filled with potatoes to last the winter, we arent as well stocked as those days at all

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

So someone on the diamond Princess that tested positive in February and was let back home after he got better just tested positive for the second time. CNN just broke this news.

SpokenTruth said:

Amazing how fast that chart gets outdated.  For instance, the US now has 2,499 cases and 57 dead.

Yes i changes quickly. Canada is now in the Top 20

Sodium Lauryl Sulphate for soap
Bioethanol/isopropanol for hand sanitiser
Sodium Hypochlorite for bleach (don't order Sodium Perchlorate or you'll end up on a watch list)

If stores are running out, you should still be able to get 10L of each of the above online.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
696 cases in the US yesterday. Just under 3k total cases and 60 deaths.

Since this thread is dominating VGC...Here's some thoughts...I'm glad I sold all my stock back in Oct. '19.  I foresaw a recession...and we are in it now !!!

But, not to kiss my own ass, here's something that all of you should take note of...