By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread

John2290 said:
Mnementh said:

Turkey is both in europe and asia (but only on Eurasia).

Spain has Ceuta in Africa: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ceuta

French Guiana is in South America and part of France: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Guiana

The Falkland Islands are located close to South America and part of the UK: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falkland_Islands

Actually a lot of countries are located on multiple continents.

Bunch of whores, tbh. 

That's a bit rich coming from the country whose pubs/bars have done a better job at infecting the planet than coronavirus.

Your country was on every continent too 99 years ago.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network

If your country isn’t on at least two continents, you’re just not in the game. Even my tiny country is on two continents. Three even!

When the hell did this become the "geography thread"?

JRPGfan said:
SvennoJ said:

It was vitamin D deficiency /bad racist joke

Despicable and I hope they find a way to bring charges to the assailant. Here airport taxi drivers have died from transporting passengers home to self quarantine. Same thing, people not thinking things through. She should not have been on the concourse as a person at risk, same as sending people home to self quarantine without paying attention to how they get there without infecting anyone along the way.

She probably assumed she could work and be fine, and didnt account for a person, spitting her in the face or such.

Did she have a choice other than quit her job? Isn't it the responsibility of the employer to keep the workers safe? Why was she not behind makeshift plastic barriers or did this happen while everyone was still hoping it wouldn't happen to 'us'. I guess the latter, it happened on March 22nd and the UK didn't get serious until March 24th.

John2290 said:
S.Peelman said:
If your country isn’t on at least two continents, you’re just not in the game. Even my tiny country is on two continents. Three even!

Africa-eurasia is not a continent, I refuse to validate its existence.

Pah you tiny ant sized countries

Once our terraforming project is done (aka global warming) we'll populate the great North :)

Around the Network
John2290 said:

Well I'll wish ya'll the best of luck getting through all them trees. If every able Canadian man dusted off their flannel and started felling, you might have something significant to live on by the end of the century. 

No problem, global warming and clearing trees go hand in hand

Plus we are prepared

And there's always help

Trimming with efficiency

Trees, you have been warned.

SpokenTruth said:

5/13 Update:

Very bad - Russia (near record cases and record deaths), Brazil (near record deaths), Peru (near record cases and deaths), Saudi Arabia (near record deaths),

For the most part, most countries are still doing OK so I've only listed those with serious issues.

Also, I've isolated the US from the New Cases and Death charts to make it easier to compare the other nations.

Your charts are getting bigger and bigger, I dont know if your like this idea, but maybe you could cut off march in those lists?

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

What is going on in Denmark? They are not planning to open up stuff fully intill early august. Got this from an article.

"Phase 4, in 'early August', will see the following reopen: 

Nightclubs and discos
Gyms, waterparks and swimming pools
Universities and all other educational institutions"

And this can change if things don't goes well. We won't be able to compare Sweden and denmark intill September or something. Atleast they aren't recommending face masks! Where in germany they are mandated.

Source: https://www.thelocal.dk/20200508/denmark-to-lift-most-remaining-restrictions-in-early-june

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

SvennoJ said:
John2290 said:

Once our terraforming project is done (aka global warming) we'll populate the great North :)

So we finally dumped America and are now dating Egypt? If only Cleopatra was still in charge...

Just look at all that empty space. So inefficient yet naturally distanced we 38 million Canadians are.

The irony of destroying northern Alberta to burn it's oil, and forests, so we can become the Great 'Green' North.

Last edited by EricHiggin - on 13 May 2020

SvennoJ said:
John2290 said:

I don't like the injustice that some nations have a lot of territory and many countries don't.
North America is made by nature, not by a particular nation.
They should accept a lot of immigrants.