By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread

SpokenTruth said:
EricHiggin said:

I agree, though what's complicated is letting one get away with it for whatever reason, but not the other. That's the problem.

So hold them both accountable....I dare you.

Double dog dare you. If only they would both give us the opportunity.

JWeinCom said:
EricHiggin said:

I agree, though what's complicated is letting one get away with it for whatever reason, but not the other. That's the problem.

The reaction is going to be proportionate to the visibility of the statement and the influence of the person giving it.  I think it's perfectly reasonable that statements given on a national stage by arguably the most powerful person in the world are going to be more heavily scrutinized than information from just about anywhere else.  Just like something posted by the New York times should be scrutinized much more heavily than someone's personal blog.

I agree to an extent, but who put's that message out there for the masses to see, and how often is the message delivered by the leader presented vs how often it's carried on by others in many forms other than it's initial?

Around the Network
EricHiggin said:
SpokenTruth said:

So hold them both accountable....I dare you.

JWeinCom said:

The reaction is going to be proportionate to the visibility of the statement and the influence of the person giving it.  I think it's perfectly reasonable that statements given on a national stage by arguably the most powerful person in the world are going to be more heavily scrutinized than information from just about anywhere else.  Just like something posted by the New York times should be scrutinized much more heavily than someone's personal blog.

I agree to an extent, but who put's that message out there for the masses to see, and how often is the message delivered by the leader presented vs how often it's carried on by others in many forms other than it's initial?

I'm not sure exactly what you're saying here.  

If I understand correctly, you're pointing out that when someone in a position like trump says something it's likely to be widely reported.  Which is exactly the reason that he should be extremely careful in what he says.  If his words are misinterpreted after the fact, that's a separate problem, but here, we're dealing directly with a video of him speaking. 

JWeinCom said:
EricHiggin said:

If I understand correctly, you're pointing out that when someone in a position like trump says something it's likely to be widely reported.  Which is exactly the reason that he should be extremely careful in what he says.  If his words are misinterpreted after the fact, that's a separate problem, but here, we're dealing directly with a video of him speaking. 

For example, some here said he was an idiot for bringing up injecting disinfectants. He was asking if it could be done and saying the professionals would need to figure that out. Maybe they already know it's not possible, who knows?

Could some citizens misinterpret what Trump meant? Obviously so. Anybody could at any time. Just look how what some here have said and on social media and the MSM. If they can't get it straight, obviously others may not either. So it's Trumps problem that we're all imperfect?

Point is he's being bashed for 'idiotically' spreading misinformation when that's not what he said or meant. He just asked a question.

Trump get's one shot to say what he has to say. Even when he does a good solid job, however rare you might think that is, it somehow get's 'accidentally misinterpreted' by the MSM and they spread that all day everyday, leading some people to bashing and hating the Prez. So who's really more impactful and powerful?

SpokenTruth said:
EricHiggin said:

Double dog dare me for what?

And what do you mean if they would "give us the opportunity"?  You have the opportunity every single day.  But instead of holding him accountable, you defend every damn thing he says.  But you'll rag on the MSM pretty often.  You'll try to hold them accountable.  But not Trump. You won't do it.

Same thing you dared me. I can only assume you know what that is.

Well I'm not going to spin things just because I could. You don't take every opportunity to do whatever you could, just because you can.

Coaxing me to try and paint Trump in a negative light simply to appease you ain't going to happen. Only if it's warranted and fair. Same for the MSM.

EricHiggin said:
JWeinCom said:

For example, some here said he was an idiot for bringing up injecting disinfectants. He was asking if it could be done and saying the professionals would need to figure that out. Maybe they already know it's not possible, who knows?

Could some citizens misinterpret what Trump meant? Obviously so. Anybody could at any time. Just look how what some here have said and on social media and the MSM. If they can't get it straight, obviously others may not either. So it's Trumps problem that we're all imperfect?

Point is he's being bashed for 'idiotically' spreading misinformation when that's not what he said or meant. He just asked a question.

Trump get's one shot to say what he has to say. Even when he does a good solid job, however rare you might think that is, it somehow get's 'accidentally misinterpreted' by the MSM and they spread that all day everyday, leading some people to bashing and hating the Prez. So who's really more impactful and powerful?

Unless he had some sort of valid reason to believe it might work, it's idiotic to even suggest doctors use their time looking into it.  As far as I can tell, there was no such valid reason.  

His logic seems to be "this kills stuff on surfaces so why don't we put it inside people's bodies".  That too is idiotic.

If I had a disease, went to my doctor, saw the janitor cleaning the floor, and said "hey why don't we put some of that in my body?" I'm pretty sure people would call me idiot.

Last edited by JWeinCom - on 25 April 2020

Around the Network

Has to feel great to be Trump. You can do and say whatever you want and your supporters will always defend it or just tell themselves that you didn't mean it like that.

It's like those who get beaten by their spouse every single day and still say "best person in my life"

Pyro as Bill said:
SvennoJ said:

That is weird since so far smoking was blamed for the much higher ratio of male deaths vs female deaths in China:

When reading these numbers, it must be taken into account that smoking in China is much more prevalent among males. Smoking increases the risks of respiratory complications.

However males being more vulnerable turned out to be a theme

New York the same 63% of deaths are males, no difference with China yet

USA:

• Nearly 16 of every 100 adult men (15.6%)
  • About 12 of every 100 adult women (12.0%)

China: 50% of males smoke vs 2% of females.

Is there something else going on?

Smoking was an early theory because of the male female disparity in China. Men have more of the receptor that the virus binds to. Anything that hinders the binding would offer some protection.

Yes, but why is the male to female deaths ratio the same in China and NY, while the male female smokers ratio in US is 1.3 : 1 vs 25 : 1 in China. Half the males in China should have gotten some protection from smoking if that correlation in France holds truth, yet they still died at about the the same 1.75 : 1 ratio. (China 1.78 : 1, NY 1.73 : 1).

If smoking hinders the binding and offers some protection, why is it not showing up in the data. Not to dispute the French findings, but it raises more questions again.

crissindahouse said:
Has to feel great to be Trump. You can do and say whatever you want and your supporters will always defend it or just tell themselves that you didn't mean it like that.

It's like those who get beaten by their spouse every single day and still say "best person in my life"

Are you jealous?

38k in the US today. What happened?

SpokenTruth said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

Are you jealous?

Of abusing my spouse or being abused by them?  Did you really just ask that?

Yes, jealous of those who get beaten by their spouses, not Trump, the main subject of his post. I don't think you're this slow and are just being purposely disingenuous as you usually are.