By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread

2nd neighbor tested positive for the virus. Scary times.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
2nd neighbor tested positive for the virus. Scary times.

He'll live if he is young.

No confirmed cases in my city.

But we are in full lock down. - All non-essential businesses are shutting down, they even closed my Gym down yesterday. ;'(

Weekly firefighter training has even been cancelled. - They are also pulling Ambulance officers from regional areas here and sending them to the big capital city... And then putting crew from other emergency services with basic first aid to crew the Ambulances.

To say that shit has hit the fan would be putting it mildly... It's a bit of a worry being in charge of someones life in a medical capacity in a completely alien environment, I am not trained for that... And I am still expected to respond to Road Crash Rescues, Structure Fires, Bushfires (We have had no rain yet), Vertical Rescue, Confined Space, Restricted Space, Hazmat, Storm and Flood, Marine Rescue, Swift Water Rescue and more.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Trump talking about lifting restrictions soon, doesnt sound like a good idea. Yes the economy is going to shit, but risking lives to save it is questionable.

PortisheadBiscuit said:
Trump talking about lifting restrictions soon, doesnt sound like a good idea. Yes the economy is going to shit, but risking lives to save it is questionable.

I dont think he can override State restrictions.  

Around the Network

US just exploded, 50k cases tomorrow and around 100k by Saturday/Sunday.

With a BIG population that’s a lot of cases and it can even reach more than 200K

Pemalite said:

No confirmed cases in my city.

But we are in full lock down. - All non-essential businesses are shutting down, they even closed my Gym down yesterday. ;'(

Weekly firefighter training has even been cancelled. - They are also pulling Ambulance officers from regional areas here and sending them to the big capital city... And then putting crew from other emergency services with basic first aid to crew the Ambulances.

To say that shit has hit the fan would be putting it mildly... It's a bit of a worry being in charge of someones life in a medical capacity in a completely alien environment, I am not trained for that... And I am still expected to respond to Road Crash Rescues, Structure Fires, Bushfires (We have had no rain yet), Vertical Rescue, Confined Space, Restricted Space, Hazmat, Storm and Flood, Marine Rescue, Swift Water Rescue and more.

Stay safe out there.

PortisheadBiscuit said:

The death count in New York...and possibly Florida since it sounds like  a lot of New Yorker's are leaving New York for Florida is going to explode before Trumps 15 day plan is up.  Hopefully that gets him to change his mind.

Hong Kongs cases are booming. Either they're doing more test or are having a second wave.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/china-hong-kong-sar/

SpokenTruth said:

3/23: US-Italy Chart.

The exponential growth is really starting to show the past few days.  Over 10,000 new cases today. Our the current rates of new cases, the US will pass Italy in 2 days and China in 3 days. The good news is that Italy has had 2 consecutive days of fewer new cases and deaths. This is definitely a trend to watch.  It may be an indicator that Italy is on the back side of the curve.

I mentioned Switzerland a few posts ago as a nation that has recently seen a massive increase in new cases and deaths but I just noticed France is having it even worse.  They doubled their new cases from the previous day and had a very high increase in deaths. Hopefully that's just an anomaly and not a new rate for them.

It's crazy how Trump thinks this will be manageable by next Monday. smh.