By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread

JRPGfan said:
Go a week back, and Im sure many were thinking that Gov of New York, Cuomo, was over-reacting to the outbreak.
In hinde sight I think the way he acted as actually rather smart.

He was actually under reacting til last week. School closings and the shutdown took way too long to happen. Im glad he finally has made the right calls but he made a mistake not taking action sooner. 

Around the Network
jason1637 said:

wow so ~27% of all tests in New York are positive?

Wasn't the ratio closer to 10% in other countries? Looks like there is still an incredibly amount of undetected infections within the state.

Last edited by Barozi - on 23 March 2020

Barozi said:
jason1637 said:

wow so ~27% of all tests in New York are positive?

Wasn't the ratio closer to 10% in other countries? Looks like there is still an incredibly amount of undetected infections within the state.

Yesterday they did 16,000+ test in new york, and found 5700+ infected.

5700/16000 x 100 = ~36%  (of those tested yesterday)

Remember they mainly test, those that have symptoms.
Or have been in close contact with others confirmed to have it.
(+ medical staff ect)

Its neither good nor bad, the % of people that are actually infected of those tested is high or not.

You could go some place remote, and test a million people that seemed health and without symptoms.
Numbers of infected here would be very low (% wise), however what good would that do?
(ofc you could still inform those infected, they need to stay in doors and not infect others)

However if you find alot all at once, the more people you can "prevent" from infecting even more.
So I think ultimately you want the number to be high, when your testing (so your not just wasteing the tests).
(this assumes that theres a limited supply, and you cant just test everyone in the entire country at once, if you can do that, go ahead and test everyone)

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 23 March 2020

John2290 said:
America. Please. You can't have your young people licking toilets.

This is worse than that time ya started eating waching tablets. C'mon, not now. Will ye please get the belt out for once.

Is this actually a thing?

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
John2290 said:
America. Please. You can't have your young people licking toilets.

This is worse than that time ya started eating waching tablets. C'mon, not now. Will ye please get the belt out for once.

Is this actually a thing?

The fact that we can't outright dismiss this as a joke says enough!

Around the Network

A tik tok girl uploaded a video licking a toilet seat. I dont know how popular it is but i saw somebody talking about it with a link to said video.

Edit: here is a link i found with a quick search 

John2290 said:
The spring breakers are testing positive. It's a real shame.

Link?

lmao so what happend, was what everyone said might happend.... who woulda thought?
Imagine if one of these people, infect and kill their own parents or grandparents, or others.

Simply because they choose to go partying and ignoreing the obvious health risks that would bring.
I wonder if at that point, they regret the actions they took.

John2290 said:
Excuse me, looks like it was the opposing government that blocked relief efforts and not the current one.

Dems are saying they dont want the majority of the money, to go to big companys (oil, coal, trumps friends, ect)..
They want to make sure the majority of it, would go to the workers and working class.

Republicans arnt transparent about where the money will go.
It might mostly just go to bailing out these big mega corps, and their shares on the stock market.
Instead of the small worker, out of a job, that might starve due to not haveing money to spend.

It takes balls to go against a bill like this, at this time, knowing the backlash that could come from it.
They probably did it for the best intrests of the common american though.

Another bill will come, that the dems can agree too.
Too early to worry yet, this is so big, the state cant afford to do nothing so some form of help will come.

I'm from italy and i seems we passed on saturday the Peak, as the Last 2 days numbers of infected people and people dying is slowing down, Hope we are on the right way, but still need time...

New Jersey with 930 new cases today. Now up to over 2.8k and the 2nd state with most cases in the US. They gained 430 new cases yesterday. Looks like they've been testing a lot more.