Gamescom : 373k
ChinaJoy : 365k
Brazil Games Show : 325k
Taipei Game Show : 320k
Paris Games Week : 316k
Tokyo Game Show : 262k
G-Star Korea : 235k

E3 : 66k

For US, E3 might be everything, for the rest of the world (where Sony sells the most of its consoles), it is almost irrelevant. E3 money is better spent elsewheres.

You got e3 wrong.

e3 is not about attendance, because it's not a public event. It's an industry conference. No matter how much we can argue about e3 importance, at the moment, it's still the biggest gaming event in terms of broadcasting audience and industry relevance.

Yeah if you take the attendance away you have that broadcasting audience left that can just easily watch the same information on a Playstation experience or a Nintendo direct,that sort of negates the relevance of E3.

Around the Network
Immersiveunreality said:
0D0 said:

You got e3 wrong.

e3 is not about attendance, because it's not a public event. It's an industry conference. No matter how much we can argue about e3 importance, at the moment, it's still the biggest gaming event in terms of broadcasting audience and industry relevance.

Yeah if you take the attendance away you have that broadcasting audience left that can just easily watch the same information on a Playstation experience or a Nintendo direct,that sort of negates the relevance of E3.

Even so, it's still the biggest show out there.

Besides, it's not because you can get news by reading a blog or watching a youtube video that you can just get rid of theatre presentation and an industry conference spot where all parties are present, competing there to make the biggest show.

It's the same about those directs. Directs can get communication across as just as theatre conferences, but that doesn't mean that directs are better or worse than live theatre conferences. We can have both and in the end directs are just cheaper material, not exactly more interesting.

Youtube sure can host a bunch of trailers in a playlist so that everyone can watch them while sipping expensive Starbucks rubbish, but this is not the same experience of having a single weekend in the year of live news and presentations from a live spectacle from a real theatre and conference building where the real VIPs from all the industry parties are there working together sweating to present to the world their biggest products.

Can we get rid of e3? yes. Can Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft get out of it and each of them just make their own event, on their own dates, following their own rules, protecting themselves against competition and spending the lowest million possible? yes. But that's just boring.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

It's a win/win for both Microsoft and Sony. Microsoft get to take center stage at E3 and doesn't get over shadowed by Sony.

Sony get to save the enormous cost of going to E3 and will get to control their message and all the spotlight when they do reveal the PS5.

0D0 said:
Immersiveunreality said:

Even so, it's still the biggest show out there.

Besides, it's not because you can get news by reading a blog or watching a youtube video that you can just get rid of theatre presentation and an industry conference spot where all parties are present, competing there to make the biggest show.

It's the same about those directs. Directs can get communication across as just as theatre conferences, but that doesn't mean that directs are better or worse than live theatre conferences. We can have both and in the end directs are just cheaper material, not exactly more interesting.

Youtube sure can host a bunch of trailers in a playlist so that everyone can watch them while sipping expensive Starbucks rubbish, but this is not the same experience of having a single weekend in the year of live news and presentations from a live spectacle from a real theatre and conference building where the real VIPs from all the industry parties are there working together sweating to present to the world their biggest products.

It is the biggest show indeed but that is no reason to stay the biggest.

They will be always be competing with eachother even if the timeframes between the information that is getting shown will become greater,i even think it could result in a better showing with lesser fluff and filler.I do understand the nostalgia but that is the only semi positive for me,and i can understand the people that always bought tickets to see it all in person but i just want the information and not the immersion.

Well yeah that is me and you is you so i do hope you will enjoy what is to come this year,you might even warm up to all of these changes;)

Bolded: I would never spent time to go get coffee,just making my own always tastes better :p

LudicrousSpeed said:
Hynad said:

You clearly have a hard time putting 2 and 2 together.

Chin up, champ. Whatever your point was, I’m sure it will come back to you since you’re unable to articulate it right now. Feel free to hit me up when you remember 👍

Without fail. Still the same old J.Allard you’ve always been.

👍

Last edited by Hynad - on 14 January 2020

Around the Network
Immersiveunreality said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Yep, it stinks for everyone.

I like them all to just concentrate all the new big info for their own events so those get more interesting to watch and most people still kinda get the info in the same way,just streaming the event or seeing a youtube vid later on?

It is a change but i do not see that much negatives and i have never seen the majority of people care about most of the information overload of E3 as many just focus on the big news.

So yeah i'm absolutely fine with the way it is going.

They all have their own events during the year but it’s still nice to have one huge convention where all three show up and do their thing. Nintendo doesn’t do a traditional conference anymore but they’re still there at E3. 

Plus it provides tons of content for things like video personalities and more up my alley, gaming podcasts. Plus if they open it up completely to the public then we can go experience these things instead of just watching on Twitch or Mixer.

I wonder how long it's going to be until all three platform holders are out of E3, and it starts getting used only by 3rd parties.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Disappointing news. I'll never forget E3 2015 (or was it 2016) where Sony absolutely stole the show.

Oh well, at least PS5 exclusives won't be cross generation.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Hynad said:

Without fail. Still the same old J.Allard you’ve always been.  

👍

Man ... Leave him Alone, he clearly is upset at these terrible news, he is such a examplary fan of Sony and they do this shit to him? 

Another sensitive one here it seems 😬

Sorry that discussing E3 and games offended you. Heil Sony. Long live Druckman. In Kojimas name we pray, amen. 

😆

LudicrousSpeed said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Man ... Leave him Alone, he clearly is upset at these terrible news, he is such a examplary fan of Sony and they do this shit to him? 

Another sensitive one here it seems 😬

Sorry that discussing E3 and games offended you. Heil Sony. Long live Druckman. In Kojimas name we pray, amen. 

😆

Pot calling the kettle black. Go back to “papa Phil”.