PSX please! 8 8.60%

State of Play is the superior format. 2 2.15%

PS5 cancelled confirmed. 4 4.30%

But LoD will be there, right? 2 2.15%

Don't have an opinion, but love polls. 2 2.15%

Total:93
Barkley said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Even if they only release a video during E3 week, they are still going to get more attention than if they just do their own thing at another time.  E3 naturally gathers people's attention simply because it is the gaming event of the year.

Why? Why should a video in early June gather more attention among the deluge of other gaming news then it would at any other time?

I really don't see why a reveal at the same time as E3 would give it any more attention than a reveal at another time. If anything at other times it'd get more exposure because every gaming site isn't putting out 50 articles a day with all the information released all at the same time.

Be among the hundreds of announcements, or have the only announcements... ?

The PS4 was revealed in February 2013, do you really think that event didn't get enough exposure? E3 isn't needed to get everybody talking about your product.

Nintendo had three major directs last year.  Youtube views from the Nintendo of America videos looks like this:

Feb 13, 2019 Direct  2.7m views
E3 2019 Direct   3.6m views
Sept 4 2019 Direct 2.4m views

They are all of comparable length and content, but the E3 video has about 1m more views and this is North America alone.  There is also an identical Gamespot E3 trailer with 700k views that shows the same thing.  Nintendo got a lot more attention just by releasing their video at E3.  It may not make sense to you, but those are the facts.

E3 gets more eyeballs simply because it is the gaming event of the year.  Even when it's just a prepared video it still gets more attention.

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
DonFerrari said:

It have to do with you enjoying an opportunity to show it as bad news and decision of Sony. Like a I don't know, pattern.

Literally everyone should see it as bad news and a disappointing decision by Sony, unless you're some shill on their payroll. We're all gamers, we should all want a great E3 showing. Per usual, you aren't making sense. Do you think if MS said they were bowing out of E3 we wouldn't be seeing the same disappointment from people such as myself? I doubt there would be as much delusion regarding one companies importance to the survival of E3, but we'd still be disappointed. Either way quit bogging the thread down with your petty nonsense. At least it was entertaining when you were going on about dreaded DORMANT ACCOUNTS

We should this and that to be good gamers like you with a valid opinion,that is what i think of when reading your comment.

We can get all the info needed that would otherwise be buried in all the E3 filler hence getting less attention,indiegames might get better showing if those games aren't showed next to all the big announcements.

Besides Nostalgia from E3 i'm not missing anything when it just stops being about the big companies showing off because i will get that content elsewhere on an also easy to see spot,i do get your dissapointment but i see that as a more personal thing and we cannot expect others to be as emotional invested as ourselves when some habits change or disappear.

So this is an opinion without being a shill,do you understand it can be a valid one?

DonFerrari said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Literally everyone should see it as bad news and a disappointing decision by Sony, unless you're some shill on their payroll. We're all gamers, we should all want a great E3 showing. Per usual, you aren't making sense. Do you think if MS said they were bowing out of E3 we wouldn't be seeing the same disappointment from people such as myself? I doubt there would be as much delusion regarding one companies importance to the survival of E3, but we'd still be disappointed. Either way quit bogging the thread down with your petty nonsense. At least it was entertaining when you were going on about dreaded DORMANT ACCOUNTS

Yes I'll pretend that you don't enjoy opportunities to talk bad about Sony, ep.

I have seem two types of dominating answers and none was celebrating Sony not going to E3, it either was people upset or saying it may not affect Sony release of PS5 because they will use other means to market it.

But celebrating we have one saying that is Sony showing they take customers for granted and how that will make PS5 worse for all of us (a console he doesn't intend to buy), we have you taking opportunity to "not console war" give some jab, etc.

And let's also ignore the "if you don't complain about this you are a corporate shill", I guess we can call you that whenever we don't like a MS decision that you support right? Ow no because you are neutral not a partisan.

I stay out of most Sony threads. You're in almost every single Xbox thread. Remember that difference please, commit it to memory.

I don't care what "types of answers" you're seeing in this thread or what one person said Sony is doing bad here. Did I post them? Nope. Don't shift goal posts because your argument has no weight.

You can compare this situation to anything Microsoft has done if you'd like. Most stuff discussed on this site has leeway to take different sides. Any of the big three skipping E3 is just bad for everyone though, no way around it. To argue otherwise would just be drinking the corporate Kool-Aid. Hope that helps. And I'm done responding to your nonsense here. It's boring for me to read, I can't imagine others.

Immersiveunreality said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

We should this and that to be good gamers like you with a valid opinion,that is what i think of when reading your comment.

We can get all the info needed that would otherwise be buried in all the E3 filler hence getting less attention,indiegames might get better showing if those games aren't showed next to all the big announcements.

Besides Nostalgia from E3 i'm not missing anything when it just stops being about the big companies showing off because i will get that content elsewhere on an also easy to see spot,i do get your dissapointment but i see that as a more personal thing and we cannot expect others to be as emotional invested as ourselves when some habits change or disappear.

So this is an opinion without being a shill,do you understand it can be a valid one?

I'm not talking about any emotional investment, but I did make a mistake saying only shills wouldn't see it as bad news and should have edited that part out. But really, who wouldn't want more content from E3? Even if Sony does a big blowout for PS5 next month, what is wrong with more? I'm not one of those predicting this is the return of Arrogant Sony or anything but on a purely surface level, it's disappointing.

LudicrousSpeed said:
Immersiveunreality said:

I'm not talking about any emotional investment, but I did make a mistake saying only shills wouldn't see it as bad news and should have edited that part out. But really, who wouldn't want more content from E3? Even if Sony does a big blowout for PS5 next month, what is wrong with more? I'm not one of those predicting this is the return of Arrogant Sony or anything but on a purely surface level, it's disappointing.

Nothing is wrong with more but it is not really more when it takes new information away from Playstation/Microsoft or Nintendo solo focussed events,and players are not always excited when they see the same news and games popping up every time.

Yes it is normal to be disappointed when expected content is being withheld for other dates but it will gives us more excitement when the big 3 have their own events,and outside of the first few years with heavy competition early in the new gen we might have a more spread out feed of information without overly long waits.

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
DonFerrari said:

Yes I'll pretend that you don't enjoy opportunities to talk bad about Sony, ep.

I have seem two types of dominating answers and none was celebrating Sony not going to E3, it either was people upset or saying it may not affect Sony release of PS5 because they will use other means to market it.

But celebrating we have one saying that is Sony showing they take customers for granted and how that will make PS5 worse for all of us (a console he doesn't intend to buy), we have you taking opportunity to "not console war" give some jab, etc.

And let's also ignore the "if you don't complain about this you are a corporate shill", I guess we can call you that whenever we don't like a MS decision that you support right? Ow no because you are neutral not a partisan.

I stay out of most Sony threads. You're in almost every single Xbox thread. Remember that difference please, commit it to memory.

I don't care what "types of answers" you're seeing in this thread or what one person said Sony is doing bad here. Did I post them? Nope. Don't shift goal posts because your argument has no weight.

You can compare this situation to anything Microsoft has done if you'd like. Most stuff discussed on this site has leeway to take different sides. Any of the big three skipping E3 is just bad for everyone though, no way around it. To argue otherwise would just be drinking the corporate Kool-Aid. Hope that helps. And I'm done responding to your nonsense here. It's boring for me to read, I can't imagine others.

Unless there is 100 Sony threads to 1 Xbox thread for your comparison to make sense at least statistically then you are very very wrong.

Sure most stuff have leeway, and curiously enough for MS you take one in defense and Sony one of attack even though you are neutral and don't do war.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Barkley said:

Why? Why should a video in early June gather more attention among the deluge of other gaming news then it would at any other time?

I really don't see why a reveal at the same time as E3 would give it any more attention than a reveal at another time. If anything at other times it'd get more exposure because every gaming site isn't putting out 50 articles a day with all the information released all at the same time.

The PS4 was revealed in February 2013, do you really think that event didn't get enough exposure? E3 isn't needed to get everybody talking about your product.

Nintendo had three major directs last year.  Youtube views from the Nintendo of America videos looks like this:

They are all of comparable length and content, but the E3 video has about 1m more views and this is North America alone.  There is also an identical Gamespot E3 trailer with 700k views that shows the same thing.  Nintendo got a lot more attention just by releasing their video at E3.  It may not make sense to you, but those are the facts.

E3 gets more eyeballs simply because it is the gaming event of the year.  Even when it's just a prepared video it still gets more attention.

Sure.

I don't stop what I'm doing to just watch a random direct on a random weekday.

for e3? well, I totally add e3 to my schedule, I got my e3 schedule notifications, clean my youtube watch later list, open all forums on all tabs to be ready to participate on reactions, get my weekend and my TV free for it, and everything else. I watch the stuff live because I know the big bombs will be dropped, because the industry is supposed to keep the big bombs ready for it.

E3 is such an experience. If the industry moves away from that to build their own "youtube playlists" and own events, it'll not be the same at all. I wouldn't be surprised if view numbers would decrease. Many will not be bothered to follow so many events round the year. Many events and videos round year is clearly worse than a single weekend dedicated to it.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Another sensitive one here it seems 😬

Sorry that discussing E3 and games offended you. Heil Sony. Long live Druckman. In Kojimas name we pray, amen. 

😆

Dude you are hilarious, just the other day you Said i jerk off to kojima , when i asked you Proof ... Crickets lol

Now its druckman too? Next week Will BE cory barlog xD.

Even If i was a massive Fanboy of these , they are creatives of the industry and they make amazing games . Better jerk off to them than corporation heads that the ONLY shit they do is PR and talk What the Fanboys want to listen. A guy that calls phill Spenser "papa" trying to Paint others as Fanboys of industry people lol

And you Said you always try  to Stay away from Sony threads in a reply to donferrari ? Dude you are in vgchartz since Forever , since the j.allard profile you had, i dont know who you trying to fool Here. 

But hey, Carry on ,you do you🤷

That was just general Sony worship, it wasn’t meant for you in particular or to take personally but 🤷🏻‍♂️

Also you’re exactly right I’ve been here for like 7 years, there are plenty of threads you can see me not in. Hope that helps.

for any argumentation about "E3 is bad for indies", the only thing I've got to say is that nobody gives a damm about indies. My opinion of course.

Aside from a few nerds, I don't see anyone that would queue for an indie event of sorts.

E3 is for the million sellers and there's no problem with that in my opinion.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Barkley said:

Nintendo's E3 direct having more views than the other directs for the year isn't proof that releasing a video june = more views. The E3 direct has the most views because it is their biggest of the year and expected to be such.

In fact it's remarkable that their other directs are so close to their biggest yearly presentation. If anything I'd take this evidence to show the exact opposite of what you're trying to prove. Their smaller less ambitious directs aren't miles behind their e3 views.

If they hyped a direct as the biggest of the year (as is expected of their e3 direct) rather than just one of several directs I have no doubt they could achieve equal views to their e3 direct at a different time of year in lieu of E3.

The E3 direct had more views due to the actual announcements and public expectations not due to the time it was released. A June release isn't necessary for either high expectations/anticipation nor exciting announcements, it just requires actual hype building which they don't do for their usual directs.

Releasing a video at E3 may be an easy way to cultivate high expectations and a level of importance and thus views, but it is not the only way and it is not necessary.

There is no reason an event outside of E3 HAS to have less views, it depends entirely on how the event is managed and publicised.

But an example of an event outside e3 getting more views...

PS4 Reveal Event (2.8m views) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiNGZMx2vhY

PlayStation e3 2013 (2.4m Views) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmoZAPDV3ew

Though just like your example, this isn't proof of anything.