Paper Mario: Return to the Thousand Year Door
Pikmin 4
Donkey Kong Switch (3d game)
Banjo Threeie
Starfox: Deepspace Awakening
Animal Crossing
Rogue Squadron 3
Mario and Luigi: Enemy of my Enemy
Oracle of Ages/Seasons HD (with the secret third version included)
Pokemon Sword/Shield Expansion
Math Mountain Returns
Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle 2
Vitalitiy sensor launched
Nintendo Moba
SMASH open world RPG game
Axis and Allies Online

2020 gonna be lit baby

Around the Network

You know you got two really good years when you cannot really definitively decide which one is better.

2017 was a launch year the Switch could have hoped for. With BoTW and Super Mario Odyssey being the headline games, even overshadowing games like Persona 5, Horizon Zero Dawn, and Nier: Automata. Of course, you have to mention Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, which continues to sell like hotcakes despite being a port. Its the multiplayer game that people buy along with the Switch (even beyond Smash Bros. Ultimate, which is also selling like hotcakes). Nindies were well highlighted in 2017, especially once Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and BoTW released and people had to wait patiently until June for the next Nintendo title, ARMS. You got solid ports like Pokken Tournament DX and Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. You got solid/great new titles like ARMS, Splatoon 2 (a monster in Japan), Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle, and Fire Emblem Warriors. Its a launch year that very few consoles can match.

2019 was when the Switch started hitting its stride as developers (third party and Nintendo) were able to get more games out on this particular year as they were able to adopt to developing games for the system. 2018 appeared to be sort of a hold-off year as Nintendo and Co. recharged after developing a lot of big titles for 2017. In 2019, we got titles like Luigi's Mansion 3, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Astral Chain, Super Mario Maker 2, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake, Tetris 99, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order, Daemon x Machina, Pokemon Sword and Shield, Yoshi's Crafted World, Labo VR, and Ring Fit Adventure. You got great ports in Dragon Quest XI S, Mortal Kombat 11, and The Witcher 3, which is still a miracle. Then you had great indie titles like Untitled Goose Game, Cadence of Hyrule, Wargroove, and Baba is You. Great year that increased momentum and secured dominance for Nintendo and the Switch worldwide.

Really hard to decide. While 2017 had huge titles like BoTW and Mario Odyssey, you can't go wrong with 2019's huge lineup of games. Of course both years had some areas of improvement. After Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (which launched in April), Switch owners had to wait until June for the next big title in ARMS. But after that, we almost had a big title every month until November and even then, Mario Odyssey's recent release allowed for the Switch to maintain momentum and have a really good holiday season. In 2019, Yoshi's Crafted World released in March and we did not have a big title until June when Mario Maker 2 released. And September 2019 was a pretty crazy month considering how packed it was. Nevertheless, you can't be wrong choosing either year as the best year. For me, I can't decide for now. I could give you a different answer on any given day.

2017. Quality over quantity. Best launch year of any console so far.

2017. Odyssey is one of the greatest games of all time.

Barkley said:

2017. Odyssey is one of the greatest games of all time.

I feel like Odyssey never quite gets as much credit as it deserves since it was kinda overshadowed by BOTW coming out the same year and soaking up most of the attention.