By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Outlandish Rumor: Sony is in talks to purchase Zenimax and all owned studios

method114 said:
DroidKnight said:

Then why did you mention Minecraft?, those are totally 2 different games.

What does that have to do with anything? Minecraft dungeons was recently released and it completely destroys your whole theory. So do you have a counter or are you willing to accept that some massive third party games might be going to Sony?

What is my theory?  Please let me know because I didn't know I had one.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network
DroidKnight said:
method114 said:

What does that have to do with anything? Minecraft dungeons was recently released and it completely destroys your whole theory. So do you have a counter or are you willing to accept that some massive third party games might be going to Sony?

I'm really confused here. Are you telling me you didn't have any reasoning for why MS released Minecraft in the post you created? What's going on here? Listen I don't understand what kind of game you are playing with your post if your trolling or what. I've laid out my thoughts on the possibility of some of the games still going exclusive. I'm moving on.

method114 said:
DroidKnight said:

I'm really confused here. Are you telling me you didn't have any reasoning for why MS released Minecraft in the post you created? What's going on here? Listen I don't understand what kind of game you are playing with your post if your trolling or what. I've laid out my thoughts on the possibility of some of the games still going exclusive. I'm moving on.

MS did not release Minecraft on PS4 Mojang did.  MS released Minecraft Dungeons on PS4.  Two different companies, two different games.  I can see where you are confused.  I never stated that Microsoft would not release future Minecraft games or future Bethesda/Zenimax on PS5, I just said that they were not obligated to do such.  Hopefully that clears it up for you.  

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

method114 said:
chakkra said:

They have actually said it multiple times but for some reason nowadays "case by case" translates into "Yes"

And way before that, Phil actually said this:

Can you send me to a link where he said it? Please nothing vague. I want an outright quote that says Fallout and Elder scrolls will never go to playstation. Case by case means that some games will still go multiplat otherwise there  would be no need to say case by case he'd just say nothing is going to playstation. Like right now you told me he already said it and then you link me to some twitter post from April where he doesn't even mention the games.

This is a massive purchase for Xbox. Xbox has been very very good at communicating what they are doing. Now they make one of the biggest purchases in gaming history and all of sudden they are very vague about what's exclusive and what's not. It just doesn't add up to their previous history. Listen maybe the games will be exclusive I just think it's very weird that they wont outright say it. I've also found it weird how everyone other than them is trying to say it. MS is very quick to respond to rumors yet here they are quiet all of a sudden.

They are about to release their console a long side PS5 after being outsold over 2:1. If you're locking some of the biggest game franchises in gaming history to your ecosytem only now is the time to speak. Keeping it vague is potentially losing you customers who might be willing to leave PS because of these games.

I think they are not saying anything because they actually don't know what they are going to be doing yet with regards to exclusivity.

But the lack of exclusive announcements seems to be a lack of confidence in the new hardware. If PS5 outsells Series X and S by the same margin that PS4 outsold Xbox One, then I highly doubt any of the big Bethesda IP will be exclusive as that will be a major own goal essentially.

On the flip side, it amazes me that people seem to think this move by MS was motivated by "console wars". Most casuals dont even know who the hell owns what. MS could have made this a HUGE thing if they included it in one of their press conferences by outright announcing exclusivity on an actual game. They chose not to.

Unless they actually do that, I'm willing to bet that MS has full confidence in gamepass and zero confidence in Series X/S or hardware in general.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

The arguments in this thread...

Around the Network
Shinobi-san said:
method114 said:

Can you send me to a link where he said it? Please nothing vague. I want an outright quote that says Fallout and Elder scrolls will never go to playstation. Case by case means that some games will still go multiplat otherwise there  would be no need to say case by case he'd just say nothing is going to playstation. Like right now you told me he already said it and then you link me to some twitter post from April where he doesn't even mention the games.

This is a massive purchase for Xbox. Xbox has been very very good at communicating what they are doing. Now they make one of the biggest purchases in gaming history and all of sudden they are very vague about what's exclusive and what's not. It just doesn't add up to their previous history. Listen maybe the games will be exclusive I just think it's very weird that they wont outright say it. I've also found it weird how everyone other than them is trying to say it. MS is very quick to respond to rumors yet here they are quiet all of a sudden.

They are about to release their console a long side PS5 after being outsold over 2:1. If you're locking some of the biggest game franchises in gaming history to your ecosytem only now is the time to speak. Keeping it vague is potentially losing you customers who might be willing to leave PS because of these games.

I think they are not saying anything because they actually don't know what they are going to be doing yet with regards to exclusivity.

This is something I think is one of the main things. I have a feeling they aren't even 100% sure what they will do and a lot of it will depend on what happens in the coming monthsyears.

I think your right about the hardware and I think that's the #1 reason they decided to start moving into PC gaming as well. Their whole strategy is gamepass and I think they realize it can't work just with Xbox hardware and mobile phones. That wont be enough. They need PC gamers as well to increase their gamepass subscriptions and make all of this profitable.

method114 said:
chakkra said:

They have actually said it multiple times but for some reason nowadays "case by case" translates into "Yes"

And way before that, Phil actually said this:

Well, If what you're looking for is a line from Phil Spencer where he says: "No, TES 6 won't be coming to PS5" then I'm afraid you will never hear it. So I guess we're going to have to keep waiting on this one, but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

twintail said:
Shinobi-san said:

MS could have made this a HUGE thing if they included it in one of their press conferences by outright announcing exclusivity on an actual game - that's my understanding.

It could take up to a year for the deal to finalize (should easily be less). So of course they can't announce anything as exclusive because they don't own the games yet. 

There's no proof that, that has anything to do with it. They had no problem saying everything was going to gamepass. They had no problem saying they would be honoring the Sony contracts. They had no problem saying they would take it on a case by case basis. Outright saying everything will be exclusive though is something they just possibly can't do?

Imagine the utter rage and meltdowns of Xbox fans if Sony had actually bought Bethesda. Lol we'd be seeing posts in all caps left and right. Meanwhile the opposite has happened and PS users seem to be taking it in stride. Perhaps that will change if MS makes Bethesda games exclusive, but I don't see MS doing that.

Cerebralbore101 said:
Imagine the utter rage and meltdowns of Xbox fans if Sony had actually bought Bethesda. Lol we'd be seeing posts in all caps left and right. Meanwhile the opposite has happened and PS users seem to be taking it in stride. Perhaps that will change if MS makes Bethesda games exclusive, but I don't see MS doing that.

Should probably get some glasses and re-read the threads. Theres been a lot of insecure posts after this acquisition, most Bethesda games will not come to PS, just have to man up and deal with it. MS is building gamepass and thats where this will fill in, if you think a company is willing to spend 7.5bn for their service just to release it on another platform you are truely clueless. That much money is very little to MS, they can happily take the hit short term to create their plan long term. Unlike sony who would absolutely need to release games multiplatform after an acquisition that big or risk going under.