By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Outlandish Rumor: Sony is in talks to purchase Zenimax and all owned studios

method114 said:

First MS could have done this with Minecraft and they didn't. Second is if MS plans to make these massive titles exclusive why haven't they just come out and said it? Right now before everyone is fully locked in and purchased their new next-gen console. Why has MS not told everyone that all these massive titles that used to be multiplat will never go to playstation? It would be a massive blow to playstation. I've already seen people online waiver on whether or not to get a PS5 because of it. Instead they not only didn't say it but they said they would do a case by case basis. This to me says everything.

Minecraft was already released on Playstation consoles before Microsoft purchased it. What were they suppose to do? Make customers send back their copies?

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network
Azuren said:
This aged like a fine milk

It aged into that special cheese with maggots :p

method114 said:
Shiken said:

I have been saying basically this everytime someone tries to deny ES6, Fallout 5, and Starfield as being XBox brand exclusive.  I will be very suprised if these games come to PS5, because whether they are played on XCloud, PC, or the XBox series consoles...the brand is still growing and making MS more money in the end.

Putting them on their direct competition is not going to help them reach that goal, whether they are getting money from those sales or not.

First MS could have done this with Minecraft and they didn't. Second is if MS plans to make these massive titles exclusive why haven't they just come out and said it? Right now before everyone is fully locked in and purchased their new next-gen console. Why has MS not told everyone that all these massive titles that used to be multiplat will never go to playstation? It would be a massive blow to playstation. I've already seen people online waiver on whether or not to get a PS5 because of it. Instead they not only didn't say it but they said they would do a case by case basis. This to me says everything.

Minecraft is on another level then Bethesda. 200 million copies sold and counting. It’s bad PR to take it back. Now with Bethesda, the past stays the past. But MS does have all future titles to do as they wish. 

Imo they vague because they riding the PR wave. The word of mouth on whether the next big games going to PS5 is major free positive press. But then you have the deniers. So I think when each individual game is announced with availability, that in itself will be a secondary bombshell. One that will trigger second wave meltdowns of the deniers. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Bandorr said:
DroidKnight said:

Minecraft was already released on Playstation consoles before Microsoft purchased it. What were they suppose to do? Make customers send back their copies?

Many things. They could stop selling it. They could cut off any online support. They could stop supporting it (like adding any new features or content).  Odds are? It will also be on the PS5.

And that's before address Minecraft Dungeon that came out far later.

There are many things they could have done.

Playstation 4 customers that would have purchased Minecraft would have purchased it with the expectations of being able to play the game single-player, multi-player online, and all updates that come along with it.  This was already promised at 2013 E3.  You telling me contract obligations should have been broken just for spite?  I'm going to call BS on that. Could you imagine the fallout that would have occurred if any of your suggestions had been actually implemented?

Now the PS5 is a different story.  Microsoft is under no obligations to release anything Minecraft related on that platform, there were no promises made for that platform by Mojang or Microsoft.  For a week now on multiple threads people have been making the argument that because Microsoft released Minecraft on both the PS4 and Xbox One that it will remain a multi-plat (Elder Scrolls, Fallout) is lame because they did not do that at all.  They simply didn't own it at the time.

Minecraft released for PS4 on September 4th 2014.

Mojang was purchased 11 days later on September 15th 2014.

Last edited by DroidKnight - on 28 September 2020

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

method114 said:
Shiken said:

I have been saying basically this everytime someone tries to deny ES6, Fallout 5, and Starfield as being XBox brand exclusive.  I will be very suprised if these games come to PS5, because whether they are played on XCloud, PC, or the XBox series consoles...the brand is still growing and making MS more money in the end.

Putting them on their direct competition is not going to help them reach that goal, whether they are getting money from those sales or not.

They have actually said it multiple times but for some reason nowadays "case by case" translates into "Yes"

And way before that, Phil actually said this:

Around the Network
chakkra said:
method114 said:

They have actually said it multiple times but for some reason nowadays "case by case" translates into "Yes"

And way before that, Phil actually said this:

Can you send me to a link where he said it? Please nothing vague. I want an outright quote that says Fallout and Elder scrolls will never go to playstation. Case by case means that some games will still go multiplat otherwise there  would be no need to say case by case he'd just say nothing is going to playstation. Like right now you told me he already said it and then you link me to some twitter post from April where he doesn't even mention the games.

This is a massive purchase for Xbox. Xbox has been very very good at communicating what they are doing. Now they make one of the biggest purchases in gaming history and all of sudden they are very vague about what's exclusive and what's not. It just doesn't add up to their previous history. Listen maybe the games will be exclusive I just think it's very weird that they wont outright say it. I've also found it weird how everyone other than them is trying to say it. MS is very quick to respond to rumors yet here they are quiet all of a sudden.

They are about to release their console a long side PS5 after being outsold over 2:1. If you're locking some of the biggest game franchises in gaming history to your ecosytem only now is the time to speak. Keeping it vague is potentially losing you customers who might be willing to leave PS because of these games.

DroidKnight said:
Bandorr said:

Many things. They could stop selling it. They could cut off any online support. They could stop supporting it (like adding any new features or content).  Odds are? It will also be on the PS5.

And that's before address Minecraft Dungeon that came out far later.

There are many things they could have done.

Playstation 4 customers that would have purchased Minecraft would have purchased it with the expectations of being able to play the game single-player, multi-player online, and all updates that come along with it.  This was already promised at 2013 E3.  You telling me contract obligations should have been broken just for spite?  I'm going to call BS on that. Could you imagine the fallout that would have occurred if any of your suggestions had been actually implemented?

Now the PS5 is a different story.  Microsoft is under no obligations to release anything Minecraft related on that platform, there were no promises made for that platform by Mojang or Microsoft.  For a week now on multiple threads people have been making the argument that because Microsoft released Minecraft on both the PS4 and Xbox One that it will remain a multi-plat (Elder Scrolls, Fallout) is lame because they did not do that at all.  They simply didn't own it at the time.

Minecraft dungeons was released this year on PS4.

method114 said:
DroidKnight said:

Then why did you mention Minecraft?, those are totally 2 different games.

DroidKnight said:
method114 said:

Then why did you mention Minecraft?, those are totally 2 different games.

What does that have to do with anything? Minecraft dungeons was recently released and it completely destroys your whole theory. So do you have a counter or are you willing to accept that some massive third party games might be going to Sony?

Bandorr said:
DroidKnight said:

So much of that was awkward it's hard to find a starting point.

We can start with Bedrock.  That is a large Minecraft update that came to the Xbox in 2017. Switch in 2018. PS4 in 2019. They could have just not released that update for PS4. It had already been two years.

I didn't see any mention of Minecraft dungeons. You know that new Minecraft dungeon that just recently came out and was put on the PS4. Lets see if I can follow your format.

Minecraft Dungeon released for PS4 on May 26, 2020.

I addressed this once by saying "And that's before address Minecraft Dungeon that came out far later."

Did you just ignore that because it wildly hurts your argument?

Two arguments - both fairly impressive failures. I'm not going for a third - have a good day.

That's right, the person I addressed did not mention Minecraft Dungeons, why would I?  What argument was I trying to make? (That Minecraft was already released on Playstation consoles before Microsoft purchased it.) That wasn't even an argument, that's facts.  I was only addressing the Minecraft issue.  Minecraft Dungeons isn't the same game that I was addressing, that's a different game.