By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I'm honestly equally curious about seeing Starfield, Everwild, Avowed, and Hellblade 2, because I can see potential pitfalls for each them.

Starfield will be a classic Bethesda game, I'm sure, but how do they adapt that formula to space? Will they manage to make exploration as engaging as in their best games, or are we gonna get a lot of cold, dark emptiness of space, barren planets, and a bunch of samey space stations?

Everwild looks unbelievably gorgeous....but, with all due respect to the many people who clearly love SoT these days, that game is really made fun more so by the company you play it with than any combination of mechanics or grand adventures you embark upon. For me, personally, Rare hasn't really made a game that particularly captures my interest in pretty much forever. Is Everwild gonna be more than a pretty picture? I find it odd that they have had so much world, and creature design ready to showcase, running in engine no less, and yet they've continued to say that they basically still got no clue wtf the actual game is really gonna about. That's.....disconcerting.

From the very very little we've seen of Avowed, my expectation is that it'll be more or less Obsidian's take on the Elder Scrolls formula. That sounds great on paper, but I do hope that they find a meaningful way to differentiate themselves from that franchise, particularly now that MS owns both. Nobody really needs a situation where we look at Avowed and think "oh look, it's discount Elder Scrolls."

And then there's Hellblade 2. The first game was really cool and unique, but the sequel really needs to evolve the gameplay and the story telling in a way that doesn't make the novelty of the original wear off. It's easy to see a path taken in which certain elements of originals' design start feeling like a bit of a gimmick.

Forza and Wolfenstein, in all likelihood, are pretty much just gonna be exactly what anyone familiar with those series would expect.

Around the Network

I voted for Avowed. Starfield is my runner up. Forza, just surprise me, I need no gameplay. I haven't played a Wolfenstein yet, but I may. Hellblade II and Everwild just really haven't caught my attention.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

$500 dollars.  Not sure if these would be worth it, but they look really nice.  Does have a 3.5mm optional plug in, 4 mics.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

voted starfield tho I have no idea what type of game it is except a Bethesda game so I'm assuming an rpg.

...did some more research on the headset, good for music and movies not good for gaming.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Oh okay, Lol. Doesn't sound like Grounded will release this year then if 0.9 is becoming 0.10 then 0.11, etc.

Dafuq kinda nonsense is that lol

Ryuu96 said:

Oh okay, Lol. Doesn't sound like Grounded will release this year then if 0.9 is becoming 0.10 then 0.11, etc.

At least they're thinking about achievements lol

I really hope that MS can manage to lock down IO Interactive in the future, I think that Sony will likely try for Remedy somewhere down the line.

VersusEvil said:
Chris Hu said:

You only played Forza Horizon 4 for 85.5 hours and got all the achievements for it that is pretty impressive.  I doubt I will ever get all the achievements for it since drifting is harder then it was in Horizon 3 even without having to worry about traffic in drift zones.

😅 ...my TrueAchievements card only shows the base game achievements, I'll never 100% it completely as I'm not gonna bother with some of the DLC achievements.  But yeah some of those base game achievements for drifting where infuriating, literally one of the first drift zones gave me so much trouble I started questioning why I'm doing it to myself XD

Still impressive the Treasure Island DLC also has a drift achievement I will never get, planning on getting all the achievements for the Lego DLC eventually.

Just used the xCloud browser beta for the first time. Ran a couple of Outriders expeditions on it. Performance was amazing. Once 5G becomes standard and we all have good connections, this is really going to be great as an option to game when you aren't at home.