By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Around the Network

Ac valhalla got a new update that includes a new region/more raids and navy raids. 

Dirt 5 on gamepass is a great addition.

Great Game Pass update.
Dirt 5, Wreckfest and Pillars of Eternity 2 for me.

Ryuu96 said:

I just bought a Lucid Sound last month and now Xbox releases a copy of them xD $100 is a nice pricetag though 

Around the Network

I am in the same boat, I both the Steelseries 9X for 2oo bones and MS comes out with a wireless headset with pretty much the same features.  Oh well, better luck next time MS.

About 3 hours into Final Fantasy XII. Now I know why this is a controversial FF game.

Battle system is really meh. I don't understand why you can't at least auto attack the next enemy when there are more enemies around.
And when someone else in your party kills an enemy you previously targeted and your action bar is still full, it's completely reset when you target the next enemy. Doesn't make any sense IMO.

However, there's so far one thing I despise more than the battle system. What were they thinking with the licensing system? You can't equip anything without acquiring its license? Who's checking if you own the license when you're fighting monsters in a sewer? To make it worse, there are a gazillion of them and while some grant actual useful bonusses like increase of max HP, they are blocked by absolute garbage you have to unlock first.
It really makes me care a lot less about equipment. Why should I be happy when I get a new weapon or piece of armor when I have to spent all my license point just to acquire the license for it (and unlock more garbage that I don't need/use in the process) and then find better equipment a short time later?

The jump from the CGI cutscenes (that are about on the level of current gen graphics but with lower resolution and less detailed characters) to the in-game models is pretty hilarious. Some characters are completely unrecognizable.

I'll continue a little more but I don't see myself finishing this one. So far my favourite Final Fantasy game is still XIII with XIII-2 following close behind.

How about that, just the other day I was wondering if there's wireless headsets for Xbox. I'm going to buy one of those. 2021 already kicking ass!

Ryuu96 said:

In his Thursday Q&A with staff, he pointed specifically to Microsoft’s buying spree and planned acquisition of Bethesda Software later this year as one of the factors that had made Google decide to close the book on original game development.

https://kotaku.com/stadia-leadership-praised-development-studios-for-great-1846281384

Heh, Microsoft literally stopped Google from entering the game development market, their paranoia of Amazon/Google entering the market and reacting to it by acquiring dozens of studios to stop them actually worked against Google. Phil wasn't kidding when he said Amazon/Google are their competitors and he successfully fended off Google partly by going on this spending spree.

I imagine that gains him even more clout with Satya, although Google is still around, if they manage to get 3rd parties to use their Streaming tech it will be a blow to Azure but Google is so far behind Azure that it may not matter.

Now onto Amazon, I'm perfectly happy with this industry remaining only as Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo, I sure as shit never trusted Google in game development and Amazon according to rumours are also clueless as fuck about gaming but I still expect Amazon to put up more of a fight than Google, perhaps with acquisitions of their own.

This doesn't make sense to me. How does MS buying out a company make Google not want to make games anymore?

Ryuu96 said:

So um, how is everyone doing for VG$? More bets????? 👀

I've been keeping all bets at 250.  Have enough for 3 more.  Go for broke!

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.