By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
shikamaru317 said:

I wonder, could the AAA studio MS is in discussions to acquire (according to the leaker) be Certain Affinity?

-Certain Affinity already has a good relationship with MS, they did Halo 2 Anniversary MP for Halo MCC and they've been assisting 343 with Halo Infinite.

-Certain Affinity has been developing their first original IP since 2017. They've been saving up to develop it for about a decade now, and in 2017 Leyou invested $10m into them, finally giving them enough, combined with what they had already saved, to start developing it.

-With development starting in 2017, a 2021 release for the game is very possible, and the game is expected to be AAA, which lines up with the leaker saying that the studio MS is in acquisitions talks with is developing a 2021 AAA game.

Didn't the guy in the interview say that the game in question was a "class B" game?

Around the Network

But gamepass has 18 million...

How are they coming up with 13? Are they only counting new subs after the inclusion?

ironmanDX said:

How are they coming up with 13? Are they only counting new subs after the inclusion?

EA Play is only available with Game Pass Ultimate so it's a mix of Ultimate subs and EA play subs. 

When will The Medium come to game pass?

hahaha I am not surprised

User was moderated for this post (and other site activity). User has also been thread banned.

~ tads12

Last edited by trasharmdsister12 - on 03 February 2021

Around the Network
smroadkill15 said:
ironmanDX said:

EA Play is only available with Game Pass Ultimate so it's a mix of Ultimate subs and EA play subs. 

Wow... I totally forgot Gamepass "vanilla" was a thing...

shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

If I remember correctly, The Last Expedition was the name of their original title but the trademark has been abandoned, I'm pretty sure they have abandoned their AAA Original IP entirely.

"Under the agreement with Leyou, Certain Affinity will develop and produce an original game based on certain licensed intellectual properties, under the direction of, and with input and cooperation from Leyou"

I wonder if Leyou pushed them into sticking to Transformers rather than the original IP?

Anyway, Tencent now owns Leyou so Tencent now owns 20% of Certain Affinity, Leyou had the option of acquiring Certain Affinity after 2020 but it seems either they haven't done that or maybe the contract was invalidated now that Tencent owns Leyou? Would be a good opportunity for Microsoft to snatch them out of Tencent's hands.

But anyway I thought this was interesting.

Seems their original IP from years ago was shelved but now they're trying again with a different original IP, signed an agreement with someone but can't reveal who.

Ah, I see. I thought the announcement today was them confirming that they have been developing the new IP since 2017 when Leyou invested in them, but I guess today's announcement is them announcing that they have just started developing a new original IP because the 2017 original IP got cancelled. That's a shame, and it rules them out to be the studio MS is supposedly in talks to acquire, since that studio is releasing a 2021 AAA.

With Jez ruling out Gearbox today, only leaves a handful of possibilities. Techland is probably the biggest one, but they supposedly already turned down MS once, kind of hard to believe that they accepted now, unless they're really struggling for money after the delay on Dying Light 2.

If it's not Techland or Gearbox, I'm going to have to guess that it's Rebellion, they've been working on Sniper Elite 5 since early 2017, so it should be ready for release by late 2021. 

Dev studios are like women.  You come across a nice one ask them for a date and they say no.  You stay in their orbit and come back another time ask them how they are doing and they say, let go on a date "You, in your head, say Gotcha Bitch".

MS needs to pick up the pace if they want to expand or they need to be open to acquiring a public company since there are only a handful of private ones left.

MS needs to move asap indeed, everyone is on buying mode right now.

I've never even heard of Aspyr, and unless google is lying to me, they've never done anything but handle ports for games other people made.....that's who's supposed to make a new KOTOR.....? Excuse me while I go cut myself.