By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Goatseye said:
shikamaru317 said:

Eh, I don't think that 4 tflop can pull off 1440p at the same graphics settings as 12 tflop at 2160p personally. 1080p maybe, but 1440p is doubtful. They're better off bumping the Series S GPU up to at least 6 tflop imo (though 7 or 8 tflop would be preferable), give developers a comfortable margin to work with to make porting from X to S easier, so that developers will scale down from X to S instead of scaling up from S to X.

Xbox One X already can display in 1440p if devs target it. Series S will be way more powerful than X1X. Remember they’re using a GPU with RDNA2 architecture and Zen 2 CPU. 

Far weaker hardware can achieve far higher resolutions if the game is less demanding. Again, if a game is pushing the xsx to reach 1800-2160p, a gpu 3x weaker is great for getting 1080p on the same game but that's it.

Around the Network
victor83fernandes said:

It is looking more and more possible I start next gen with Xbox, even tough I end up buying all consoles usually a couple years after the star of a generation.

I really wanted ps5 because on sony's exclusives and sony focus on single player games, I don't play online, so games such as sea of thieves and Minecraft don't do it for me.

Microsoft really need the games, I didn't like sea of thieves, Ori was alright but I never felt compelled to finish, sunset overdrive I didn't like, too over the top, and no update to the xbox X, titanfall had no campaign, Halo is good but halo 4 and 5 were boring, nothing compared to the amazing uncharted 3 and 4.

If sony launches with GT 7, Im most likely sacrificing power for the better games. I always preferred GT over Forza, with GT sport being the only exception. But then there's Last of us 2 and ghost of tsushima which I can play on PS5.

Its going to be a hell of a new generation. At least this time we don't have to count Nintendo as they already did their thing.

If anybody doesn't wanna read all that, I can shorten it considerably.

"It is looking more and more possible I start next gen with Xbox, even though I don't mean that, and will definitely start next gen with a PS5. Did you know MS games suck? Ok, good. Peace out."

I wonder from a risk point of view whether MS can actually make the console $499 - surely it will be a considerable loss per console. Even if its only $50 per console that still a quarter of a billion dollar loss on the first 5 million consoles. And it could be closer to $100 per console.

The flip side is - I really don't see how launching at higher than $499 is going to let them build a viable ecosystem quickly. After inflation, the $500 Xbox One cost (with Kinect included) cost about $560 in today's dollars. People did not buy it. Take Kinect out, but noting the console is more powerful (for its day), and hopefully they can make $499 happen. Any more and they're competing on value with Sony with a likely higher price (and rightly or wrongly, PS is still viewed as more valuable than Xbox, despite Xbox's incredibly strong online service and subscription offering).

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Shantae is very good. If you like metroidvania and platformers, you should give it a try.

Up until this moment I thought Metroidvania is a game, never knew it's a genre.

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
DeusXmachina said:
Shantae is very good. If you like metroidvania and platformers, you should give it a try.

I've never really cared for Metroidvania games. Unless Ori counts as that genre? 

Yes, Ori is metroidvania.

Ryuu96 said:

Actually a decent selection for once.

KiigelHeart said:
Up until this moment I thought Metroidvania is a game, never knew it's a genre.

Metroidvania are platformers with an emphasis on exploration. The trademark of the genre is getting new abilities to reach new areas. Some of the most famous games are metroid, castlevania SOTN, Hollow knight, Ori, Shantae.

I love Metroidvania games.

Shadow Complex
Shantae 3 and 4
Indivisible
Axiom Verge
Dandara
Guacamelee 1 and 2
Headlander
Ori
Steamworld Dig 1 and 2
Yoku's Island Express
Omega Strike

etc.

Momodora is a great indie metroidvania.
Castlevania Simphony of the night is backward compatible.
Recore is a really good 3d metroidvania.