By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
sales2099 said:
jason1637 said:

Yeah definitely. Right now they're getting trounced by Sony. The PS4 almost outsold the Series X and S this week. The gap by the end of the year will probably be bigger than the PS4 to Xbox One gap in 2013 and thats puts MS is a bad spot going into 2021 since their first half 2021 lineup is really weak compared to Sony.

Meh I’m not too worried. PS3 made a comeback once the games hit. Also good thing Xbox is diversified to more then consoles. It’ll pick up, and if anything next year will gave insane year over year gains with Halo Infinite 

At the same time the PS3 was combing of the PS2 which sold 150m. MS doesn't have that luxury yet. If the PSY  is so much more easier to find cause of more stock people are going to buy it and then their friends are going to buy it too. I could see Sony up 3-1 by tge time Halo hits next year. 

Around the Network
ice said:
AsGryffynn said:

Am I the only one who hopes Joanna's new hairstyle is closer to the PDZ version than the N64 one? 

I kind of liked her pixie cut better. 

? Judging from the trailer it is, and red (or at least that’s what I thought I saw). Heavily inspired by PDZ

It's red indeed. 

Ryuu96 said:

#HairGate.

I'm no biologist but looking at images of pixie cuts, I think it's close enough.

There are long and short pixie cuts. 

This is long and more like what I'd like... for starters... 

Closer to this: 

I'd rather like a back head full of hair than a buzz/short crop over there. 

jason1637 said:
sales2099 said:

Meh I’m not too worried. PS3 made a comeback once the games hit. Also good thing Xbox is diversified to more then consoles. It’ll pick up, and if anything next year will gave insane year over year gains with Halo Infinite 

At the same time the PS3 was combing of the PS2 which sold 150m. MS doesn't have that luxury yet. If the PSY  is so much more easier to find cause of more stock people are going to buy it and then their friends are going to buy it too. I could see Sony up 3-1 by tge time Halo hits next year. 

The narrative has changed. MS cares more about monthly active users then consoles sold. We also have significant presence in the PC space where Sony largely won’t follow. Mobile is a wild card but again something Sony isn’t doing. 

Not that it doesn’t matter but I’m very confident Xbox consoles will surge in 2022, when all the new teams release their games and the never ending cycle begins. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

BasilZero said:
Ryuu96 said:

Oh yeah, where the hell was Psychonauts 2? It better not get delayed again.

In development hell.

Thought it’s a firm summer 2021

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

BasilZero said:
sales2099 said:

Thought it’s a firm summer 2021

I was joking.

Lol I dunno maybe I was out of the loop. 

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
jason1637 said:

The narrative has changed. MS cares more about monthly active users then consoles sold. We also have significant presence in the PC space where Sony largely won’t follow. Mobile is a wild card but again something Sony isn’t doing. 

Not that it doesn’t matter but I’m very confident Xbox consoles will surge in 2022, when all the new teams release their games and the never ending cycle begins. 

Xbox console users make up most of that MAU and thats where most of the revenue comes from for MS gaming division. If sales are less than the XBO were going to see MAU drop and a revenue drop too.

Hopefully with more production MS can get back on track.

jason1637 said:
sales2099 said:

Xbox console users make up most of that MAU and thats where most of the revenue comes from for MS gaming division. If sales are less than the XBO were going to see MAU drop and a revenue drop too.

Hopefully with more production MS can get back on track.

If Xbox One, as flawed as it was and how it launched, managed to sell 50 million in 7 years...I’m not worried about Xbox this gen at all. We finally have the studios, IP and manpower. Coupled with all the market diversification.  

Sony too seems to be having some clear production issues so far, which means the gap until they are sorted out won't be big. IF MS sorts this issue out first, they could catch up, but they need a complete solution and not a stopgap idea.

More than selling close to ps, it would be more important (for the future) to gain some foothold on some key markets like Japan, Korea and China. Would help with the whole getting 3rd party support from Asian devs. and help with European sales.. Europeans love asian games.

InkIt said:

More than selling close to ps, it would be more important (for the future) to gain some foothold on some key markets like Japan, Korea and China. Would help with the whole getting 3rd party support from Asian devs. and help with European sales.. Europeans love asian games.

China has 400 million F2P users of Minecraft. That’s about as good as it gets lol.