By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I’m no hair stylist but I would consider that a pixie cut.

Around the Network

This week in Xbox 12-11-20

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Barozi said:
Has said:

Will this Skyrim be the special edition that was updated for Xbox one? Or is it the original Xbox 360 version? 

It's the Xbox One version.

That's pretty cool. Can you apply mods?

Was thinking I'd try and run some mods on series X, get it looking as best it can and give it a try.

Ginger Joanna. The way it should be.

I am just fucking excited we get a new Perfect Dark.
Thought the I.P was "done" after Perfect Dark Zero essentially bombed.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

Series X and S opened with less sales than the Xbox One and Xbox 360.

shikamaru317 said:
jason1637 said:

Series X and S opened with less sales than the Xbox One and Xbox 360.

MS needs to scale up production asap. The current stock situation is unacceptable, as it stands Xbox One's first Holiday will beat Xbox Series first Holiday in spite of demand for Xbox Series seeming to be at least double demand for Xbox One on launch, probably more than double. 

Yeah definitely. Right now they're getting trounced by Sony. The PS4 almost outsold the Series X and S this week. The gap by the end of the year will probably be bigger than the PS4 to Xbox One gap in 2013 and thats puts MS is a bad spot going into 2021 since their first half 2021 lineup is really weak compared to Sony.

shikamaru317 said:
jason1637 said:

Yeah definitely. Right now they're getting trounced by Sony. The PS4 almost outsold the Series X and S this week. The gap by the end of the year will probably be bigger than the PS4 to Xbox One gap in 2013 and thats puts MS is a bad spot going into 2021 since their first half 2021 lineup is really weak compared to Sony.

Yeah, it's a bad situation for sure. Sony is already pulling into a big lead right out of the gate thanks to better production, and Sony's 1st half 2021 exclusive line-up is great, 3 AAA's and 3 AA's assuming no delays (GT7, Ratchet & Clank, Deathloop for AAA, Returnal, Kena, Guilty Gear for AA). Xbox Series first half 2021 isn't fully known since MS hasn't announced many release windows, but right now it's looking like best case scenario is 1 AAA (CrossfireX) and a few AA or smaller games (The Medium, The Ascent, Artful Escape, 12 Minutes, maybe Grounded full release). They badly need a Halo MP beta in the Spring to even have a snowball's chance of not falling massively behind in 1st half 2021 at this point. Maybe they can claw back some lost ground in 2nd half, but they'll need Horizon 5 in September, Starfield as an Xbox exclusive in October, and Halo in November, coupled with some good black friday bundles and maybe even a Series S $250 price tag for Holiday 2021, to have any chance of gaining some lost ground in the 2nd half.

It is to be expected though. Sony simply has more manufacturing lines because PS4 was selling a lot better than Xbox One. There simply no reason for MS from financial point of view to have many manufacturing lines if their consoles don't sell well. And of course it has an impact on initial Series X sales, because they simply don't have the capability to produce a lot of units each week. We can see by week 3 sales that Sony manages to produce around 2 times more consoles per week than Microsoft can. We already know that MS officially stated that they probably won't be able to meet the initial demand until April next year and that it's most likely that you won't be able to buy consoles at retail until then. As for Sony, they have a goal of producing 10m consoles by end of March 2021 and it seems like it is possible for them to do so at the current rate.

The only probably disappointing thing here for Xbox fans is that now it is almost 100% that Xbox is not gonna take back US from Playstation as some hoped. But in my opinion it was expected considering Sony's focus shift to US being the primary market for them.

ironmanDX said:

Ginger Joanna. The way it should be.

I myself was partial to her N64 haircut. Best of both worlds 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

jason1637 said:
shikamaru317 said:

MS needs to scale up production asap. The current stock situation is unacceptable, as it stands Xbox One's first Holiday will beat Xbox Series first Holiday in spite of demand for Xbox Series seeming to be at least double demand for Xbox One on launch, probably more than double. 

Meh I’m not too worried. PS3 made a comeback once the games hit. Also good thing Xbox is diversified to more then consoles. It’ll pick up, and if anything next year will gave insane year over year gains with Halo Infinite 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.