By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Gears Tactics is so fun! Gears story with Xcom gameplay is exactly what I’ve wanted for a while now.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

Well, Amazon fucked me. They delivered my brother's Xbox, but not mine, so I get to wait at least another day. Rip.

I am so sad, I've searched for so long to try and find a pre-order for the Series X but they were always sold out. Now, I'm scouring the web for any consoles (except eBay as I refuse to pay $800 - 1,200 for one lol) that I can order and then pick-up in store, but so far I've struck out there as well. My last try will be to go to Costco and GameStop as soon as they open as I've heard they may have stock in stores.

To my knowledge all other stores require buying online to have delivered/pick-up in store. Needless to say, if anyone has advice for how I may be able to get one in the US, I would greatly appreciate it!

yo_john117 said:

I am so sad, I've searched for so long to try and find a pre-order for the Series X but they were always sold out. Now, I'm scouring the web for any consoles (except eBay as I refuse to pay $800 - 1,200 for one lol) that I can order and then pick-up in store, but so far I've struck out there as well. My last try will be to go to Costco and GameStop as soon as they open as I've heard they may have stock in stores.

To my knowledge all other stores require buying online to have delivered/pick-up in store. Needless to say, if anyone has advice for how I may be able to get one in the US, I would greatly appreciate it!

Incite a riot, loot a store. 

shikamaru317 said:

2 different types of loads reduced from 1 minute and 19 seconds down to 17 seconds and from 14 seconds down to 3 seconds. Noticeable graphical improvements beyond higher resolution that I can see, including improved LoD distances, textures, shadows, lighting, water, and character models. Also looks like 60 fps XSX vs 30 fps XB1 X, in addition to the graphical and resolution improvements. 

The difference between the One X and Series X version is more noticeable than I expected. 

Around the Network
Angelus said:
yo_john117 said:

Incite a riot, loot a store. 

Haha! I suppose if you want something in this day and age, that is the most efficient way to get it!

Siri's Ex just took over the space of my "old" Xbox One X:

Smaller than expected. Enough space above it (more than my AV receiver has) and space to left + right.

I hope you guys enjoy your new Xbox consoles.

Proud to be a Californian.

Can the power button be turned? The right-leaning X is annoying me a bit.

I didn't change the XBO cables at first, even 4K 120 Hz 24 bit per pixel (8-bit per color) and 4K 120 Hz 36-bit per pixel (12-bit per color) worked. But to be on the safe side, I changed the cable anyways.

A few other resolutions (4K 60 Hz, 1440p 120 Hz and 1080p 120 Hz didn't work at first... my LG C9 loses the signal in that resolution.
Activating HDR (HDR calibration or starting an HDR game) also didn't work... my LG C9 loses the signal the moment the Xbox switches to HDR.

I had to deactivate VRR for now. After that HDR + all resolutions seem to work. Probably my TV needs a firmware update.

shikamaru317 said:
yo_john117 said:

Walmart has some online stock going live in an hour, Noon EST. Going to try and get one since Amazon screwed me over with the dreaded “it may take until Dec 31” email. Might be my last chance to get one in a reasonable amount of time.

Also welcome back to VGC, haven’t seen you in a long time.

Thanks, yes, it has been a long time since I've been here! The series X brought me back lol.

Thankfully I was able to snag one at Walmart and it will even be ready to pick-up at my local store today! I thought they would only ship them, but I guess that wasn't the case. Let me know if you had any luck grabbing one!