By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:

What are the first 3 games you plan on playing on Series X?

For me: Starting with AC Valhalla, will try (and likely fail) to complete it before Cyberpunk, which will be 2nd, then I'm going back to MCC (since it'll have the SX enhancements) and I'm going to replay the entire campaigns again from start to finish.

Originally I was going to get Dirt 5, Gears Tactics, and Yakuza.  Just in the last 3 days I decided I'm going to hold off a bit.  I only sampled Horizon 4 and only had about 1 to 2 hours of playtime in it, so I don't need Dirt 5.  I had picked up Horizon on a digital sale with all the extras so I'm going to transfer it from One X over to the Series X and be able to take advantage of the quick resume features not to mention experience it finally in all it's "New Glory".

I'm currently in Final Fantasy XV and don't want to rush it, but hope to be finished up by launch day.

My for sure first game I will be playing is also a game that will be getting a launch day improvements and that is The Outer Worlds.  I got it a few weeks ago for $29 and it is still wrapped in plastic.  I've avoided all spoilers and was really excited for it when I first saw the launch trailer.

To feed my shooter cravings it will be CrossFireX.

So,...The Outer Worlds, Forza Horizon 4, CrossFireX.

Later on (Mid December to February), Gears Tactics, Fenix Rising, Borderlands 3 Super Deluxe Edition(Already Own, but in plastic).

A Halo Infinite Beta would throw my whole schedule into the sewer.  Cyberpunk is one I'm gonna force myself to wait on.

I never took advantage of my Xbox One X 4k capabilities just the more horsepower for stable gameplay at 1080p.  All of my gaming has been on a theater projector screen (12 foot diagonal).  When I would play shooters I had a little 21" TV 1080p 60fps that worked great for that to avoid lag.  I'm taking this next generation a little more seriously.

I purchased a little height adjustable table, a 32" curved Philips Monitor 4k 60fps, in case I'm not using headphones some Bose computer speakers, new power strip.  I could game there now because it is certainly ready but I refuse to until I get the Series X in. I want to experience 4k for the first time, only with the Series X. All I got to do is plug it in, everything is sitting there waiting on it.  Setup is only temporary till I finish my studio.

I can't wait, but I can...can't, can...uhg...

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network

Not sure what games I'm going to get/play first on Xbox Series X. I already got Cyberpunk 2077 pre ordered on Steam so that's out. Not that interested in much else coming out this holiday. AC, Yakuza, etc... are games I'll get when they're on sale and just throw them in my backlog  

Edit: Overwatch, SoT, and Destiny 2 will be the games I play I suppose (so not buying anything). Hope Blizzard adds a 120fps mode to OW on console. 

Ryuu96 said:

For me: Starting with AC Valhalla, will try (and likely fail) to complete it before Cyberpunk, which will be 2nd, then I'm going back to MCC (since it'll have the SX enhancements) and I'm going to replay the entire campaigns again from start to finish.

Watch Dogs Legion,  Cyberpunk, and CoD.

sales2099 said:
Damn they got Zombies exclusive...damn that’s cruel. MS should buy a studio for every 3rd party deal Sony does lol

Nah not zombies, Sony would have to pay a fortune for that. It’s basically a two player zombie mode instead of four and it’s on multiplayer maps instead of actual zombie levels. All platforms get the regular zombie mode.

Horizon 4, gears tactics, probably replay gears 5.

Speaking of gears 5, they will release more info on the story DLC in December. Hopefully it will be releasing soon.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Forza Horizon 3, Gears 4, Ori 2 and Gears Tactics (I know it's 4 games, but I'll probably start all of them at once ;)

DroidKnight said:

I'm currently in Final Fantasy XV and don't want to rush it, but hope to be finished up by launch day.

Wouldn't it be better to pause FF XV and play something else instead until XSX launch?

So far DF tested, it has the biggest loading times advantages of them all.

i never assume loading times were bugging me untill i started on dragon age

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Conina said:

Wouldn't it be better to pause FF XV and play something else instead until XSX launch?

So far DF tested, it has the biggest loading times advantages of them all.

You're right.  I probably won't stop or play something else, but I can skip a few days here and there and then experience the cross-over to it.  

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

gears tactics, nba 2k21 , and outerworlds(started but i stopped and decided to wait to play on series x) will be the first 3 games I play on series x