By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Pretty much finished Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom.

Very nice visuals, great gameplay (challenging combat, platforming and puzzles), many transformations and equipment.
The game's quite long too! About 15-20 hours (and not a lot of backtracking other than getting all the collectibles that require upgrades).
Art style and transformations remind me a lot of the Shantae games.

If you're a fan of Metroidvania games, this is pretty much a must play.

9/10.

(and no it's not on Game Pass so you'd have to buy it...)

Around the Network

Looks like about everyone agrees on Asobo. Makes sense, they are very talented and would add something new to the Xbox lineup. Xbox does not need more RPG studios at this point.

Ryuu96 said:
EspadaGrim said:
Buying Konami only works if MS also purchase Kojima productions.

And Kojima ends up using 90% of Xbox's budget.

For 1 cutscene... but seriously hardcore Metal Gear fans won’t buy a new entry in the series if it’s not made by Kojima and he was already working on a Silent Hill entry. 

You can give Platinum Metal Gear Rising and Fromsoft Castlevania.

PES is a waste of money. As far as I know, the biggest problem with PES is that EA paid a ton of money to FIFA to keep all the top football leagues exclusive to them, so they are not available in PES. Microsoft's acquisition is not gonna change. that, especially if they will stop releasing Playstation versions of the game. Football fans will not care about PES until it has a parity with EA's FIFA in terms of players and leagues.

Did Inxiles New Orleans studio work on Frostpoint? I’m guessing that is the team that’s will begin work on their 2nd RPG project. 

Would be awesome for them to grow the size of Obsidian and have two capable AAA studios while also working on small projects too.

Around the Network
derpysquirtle64 said:
PES is a waste of money. As far as I know, the biggest problem with PES is that EA paid a ton of money to FIFA to keep all the top football leagues exclusive to them, so they are not available in PES. Microsoft's acquisition is not gonna change. that, especially if they will stop releasing Playstation versions of the game. Football fans will not care about PES until it has a parity with EA's FIFA in terms of players and leagues.

It's an IP with potential to grow its player base into millions and millions. And it's also a game they probably would release on Playstation for maximum growth.

PES has all the players from top leagues excluding Bundesliga, they only have licences for couple of clubs there. Bundlesliga players who play for their National teams are in PES as free agents too. PES also has licences for selected clubs on top leagues, like the greatest football club in the world Arsenal FC, as well as some farmers clubs like Liverpool and Barcelona. Maybe Microsoft would be able to get more licences idk, but you can change the names of all the clubs on every league manually anyway. 

True that PES downfall was because of licences and also FUT became a super popular mode on FIFA. I personally think myClub (PES version of FUT) is superior and with some changes it can become more popular. And I very much believe Microsoft and game pass could make PES big again. Saying PES is a waste of money is short sighted and dumb simply because of the potential of player base.

We need 'what studio will MS buy next' it is a bit annoying to come to this thread and see no news even when it says 56 new posts.

How can Playstation 5 go ahead xbox now since Microsoft has a more powerful console and more first party developers? Hope MS first party developers live up to their reputations
https://youtu.be/TNpwz3E-_-4

LadyTrish said:
How can Playstation 5 go ahead xbox now since Microsoft has a more powerful console and more first party developers? Hope MS first party developers live up to their reputations
https://youtu.be/TNpwz3E-_-4

Their entrenched brand power is their greatest weapon. Intangible yet potent. Mainland Europe and Asia will always be Sony land. But the rest is definitely up for grabs. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Lol Nintendo really put Minecraft Steve in Smash Bros