Suggested Poll: 343 Aside, Which Studio Are You Most Looking Forward to Seeing at the July Event?

The Initiative 4 19.05%

Turn 10 1 4.76%

Playground Games 6 28.57%

Rare 1 4.76%

Obsidian Entertainment 6 28.57%

Ninja Theory 1 4.76%

Compulsion Games 2 9.52%

Double Fine 0 0.00%

Total:21

** Betting is CLOSED - all winnings have been paid out by trunkswd **

OpenCritic Prediction - Ori and the Will of the Wisps

50 or Less 0 $0.00 0.00%

51 - 55 0 $0.00 0.00%

56 - 60 0 $0.00 0.00%

61 - 65 0 $0.00 0.00%

66 - 70 0 $0.00 0.00%

71 - 75 0 $0.00 0.00%

76 - 80 0 $0.00 0.00%

81 - 85 0 $0.00 0.00%

86 - 90 5 $969.00 35.71%

91 or Over 9 $2,621.72 64.29%

Totals: 14 $3,590.72  
Game closed: 03/08/2020

Very happy to see that this project isn’t dead, MS should help them develop the game. The art direction is very beautiful https://mobile.twitter.com/SirenumPISCES

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

Good news, seems that Sega plans to continue their multiplatform expansion in the future, with more games releasing on Xbox.

An excerpt from the article, which is a translation of something from Sega's financial document:

"With the release of the Yakuza series on Xbox Game Pass, multi-platform expansion is progressing, and Sega is preparing to deploy its games for the new platforms as well (PS5/Xbox Series)."

It's great to hear, but despite it sounding a bit controversial, I hope that no more day one Game Pass releases from Sega.

shikamaru317 said:

A noticeable difference between the two. Though, when you are busy running around and shooting enemies, not sure you will take notice to the jump. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Finally finished the main game of Shadow of War. My thoughts:

+Lots of quality of life improvements over the first game, such as traversal improvements
+Good storyline that satisfactorily wraps up the Shadow of Mordor storyline and ties it into Lord of the Rings
+Combat is still pretty good but largely feels samey compared to Shadow of War
+Good environmental variety, there are forest, snow, volcanic, and desert zones.

-Skill tree is kind of disappointing. Far too many optional upgrades which you have to choose between. No upgrades for increased focus recharge speed or delay was quite disappointing, you can only increase focus amount though gear.
-3 main characters from the first game make no appearance in the sequel, Torvin, Lithariel, and Marwen. I hear Torvin appears in one of the DLC's though, which is better than nothing. Gollum appears, but just barely, he shows up far less than in the original.
-Not enough story quests, they relied too much on the rather grindy nemesis system to pad out the game.

Overall rating: 8.5/10

Will play the DLC next, hopefully it is good.

Around the Network

You know....every once in a while, I forget why I almost never post about Xbox related things outside of this thread. Then I get carried away and do it for a hot minute, and remember it's kinda like being Bruce Willis in Die Hard 3, where he's walking around in the black neighborhood with the racist sign around his neck. Good times.

Angelus said:
You know....every once in a while, I forget why I almost never post about Xbox related things outside of this thread. Then I get carried away and do it for a hot minute, and remember it's kinda like being Bruce Willis in Die Hard 3, where he's walking around in the black neighborhood with the racist sign around his neck. Good times.

OMG I JUST LOL'D hard!

Which post are you referring too?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I know the European bots will appreciate this. 🙏 

Goatseye said:

I know the European bots will appreciate this. 🙏 

Am I supposed to know who that is?  

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Looks like GT7 will launch with the PS5. Turn 10 needs to makes sure Motorsport impresses.