By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Tip for those pre ordering. Some stores might have bot protection and might use a captcha. Have either a gmail tab or a YouTube video tab open. It reduces your odds of getting a captcha.

Around the Network

That Bethesda announcement was out of nowhere. Even more shocking was that none of this was leak.

Proud to be a Californian.

I bate it when people call it Xbox Series. It shoulx be called "Xbox" and that it.

How would Microsoft deal with the older games going forward? Gamepass is lucrative right now for indies and smaller publishers beacuse there games get exposed to 10s of millions of subscribers. If Xbox games alone is more than 200 games, how would customers find those smaller games? I think the service will stay win-win-win for customers, Xbox and third parties if the number of games stayed around 200.

What would be your decision? Remove older Xbox games or keep them? Another solution?

I can’t believe they’re still acquiring more... MS going crazy this gen...

coolbeans said:

Has Phil been slowly stealing funds from other departments? I'm so lost by this naked ambition.

If this pans out, this feels like the Disney equivalent of gathering most of gaming cultural touchstones under one roof. I'm... not really sure how I feel about that.

Yeah, we have to see how all these teams are used and where they decide to release the games. As awesome as this is as a die hard xbox fan... It could be problematic in the long run.

Monopolies are bad. 

Around the Network
ice said:
I can’t believe they’re still acquiring more... MS going crazy this gen...

Yeah, it's crazy. I honestly thought they would be finished after Zenimax but I guess not, lol. 

So I wonder when MS will announce the other acquisitions assuming these leakers are right. I can get waiting since I doubt anything else they get can be anywhere near as big as Zenimax was.

Watch MS also buy Sega or Capcom lol.

I'm going to say this outright, MS should not release Starfield ,EDS 6 and Fallout 5 on PS5 and make them console exclusive Screw Sony. MS has been getting shat on for months about having no games and now is the chance to turn it around and change the narrative for good.

Do you guys really think that Sony won't react to this by spending more cash on Exclusive/Timed exclusives? I wouldn't be shocked if they try to buy FromSoft and Platinum and also money-hat Konami to get a new MGS game exclusive. All I'm saying is that this might get ugly and MS can't be helping the other side right now.

As far as Bethesda goes, I think existing IPs should be multiplat and new ips exclusive. Worst case, timed exclusive for FO and TES. I feel bad for players that are invested in those franchises on the PlayStation ecosystem. Then again XCloud is a thing so.. you got a lot of options for Gamepass. It’ll be a much worse situation if any of the other 2 bought them, in terms of accessibility. Maybe we can get a poll on this as it’s quite the debate.