Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - Xbox Games Showcase Confirmed for July 23rd

Suggested Poll: 343 Aside, Which Studio Are You Most Looking Forward to Seeing at the July Event?

The Initiative 6 20.00%

Turn 10 1 3.33%

Playground Games 7 23.33%

Rare 2 6.67%

Obsidian Entertainment 9 30.00%

Ninja Theory 2 6.67%

Compulsion Games 3 10.00%

Double Fine 0 0.00%

Total:30

** Betting is CLOSED - all winnings have been paid out by trunkswd **

OpenCritic Prediction - Ori and the Will of the Wisps

50 or Less 0 $0.00 0.00%

51 - 55 0 $0.00 0.00%

56 - 60 0 $0.00 0.00%

61 - 65 0 $0.00 0.00%

66 - 70 0 $0.00 0.00%

71 - 75 0 $0.00 0.00%

76 - 80 0 $0.00 0.00%

81 - 85 0 $0.00 0.00%

86 - 90 5 $969.00 35.71%

91 or Over 9 $2,621.72 64.29%

Totals: 14 $3,590.72  
Game closed: 03/08/2020
shikamaru317 said:
EspadaGrim said:

The Medium, Project Mara and Scorn in that order.

Same. Scorn looked kind of weird to me, but The Medium looked fantastic and the music from the Silent Hill guy was great. As for Project Mara, I have high hopes for it since it will be an Unreal engine Ninja Theory game releasing most likely after the cross-gen period ends in 2021, so it should look absolutely gorgeous as an Xbox Series/PC exclusive, probably the best looking horror game ever graphically speaking. And Ninja Theory has been working closely with a Cambridge University Psychiatrist and conducting interviews with real life psychosis sufferers in order to depict psychosis as accurately as possible in Project Mara and the other horror games coming in Ninja Theory's Insight Project. 

Medium looks very interesting do we know if it’s 3rd person or 1st? Mara looks to be a very unique title and it’s Ninja Theory so I’ll play it. Scorn reminds me of Agony just looks weird the gameplay from the alpha doesn’t impress me either.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Did a major update to the Xbox Game Studios post - https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9091231

About 90% done, just going to clean it up a little and check for stuff I've missed, was thinking about adding the studios average Meta too and yeah, the studio sizes are rounded very slightly cause I didn't like some of the numbers It's based off Linkedin anyway so the numbers aren't 100% accurate regardless, likely if anything on the lower side.

There's around 27 titles in development at XGS by my count, not including the speculation that Gregg is working on something other than Everwild/Sea of Thieves, The Outer Worlds team which will likely move onto Outer Worlds 2 - This would bring it up to 29, we know there's several unannounced projects at XGP, let's low ball it and say there's 2 unannounced, brings it up to roughly 31 projects in development at XGS.

Fairly sure I'm missing Double Fine working on something as well other than Psychonauts 2 so I'll rough estimate and say 30-35 projects in development at XGS right now.

Feel free to add contributions for stuff I've missed.

Okay I am impressed. I wouldn't have the patience to make it look so nice. What are you gonna do when the acquire 1 or 2 more studios?  

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

trunkswd said:
Ryuu96 said:

Did a major update to the Xbox Game Studios post - https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9091231

About 90% done, just going to clean it up a little and check for stuff I've missed, was thinking about adding the studios average Meta too and yeah, the studio sizes are rounded very slightly cause I didn't like some of the numbers It's based off Linkedin anyway so the numbers aren't 100% accurate regardless, likely if anything on the lower side.

There's around 27 titles in development at XGS by my count, not including the speculation that Gregg is working on something other than Everwild/Sea of Thieves, The Outer Worlds team which will likely move onto Outer Worlds 2 - This would bring it up to 29, we know there's several unannounced projects at XGP, let's low ball it and say there's 2 unannounced, brings it up to roughly 31 projects in development at XGS.

Fairly sure I'm missing Double Fine working on something as well other than Psychonauts 2 so I'll rough estimate and say 30-35 projects in development at XGS right now.

Feel free to add contributions for stuff I've missed.

Okay I am impressed. I wouldn't have the patience to make it look so nice. What are you gonna do when the acquire 1 or 2 more studios?  

Oh God, that'll trigger me.

Idk, I hope I can figure something out with the VGC tables before then.

I am low-key dreading but at the same time looking forward to July, the thread will have to go through a major update.

Edit - Changed the World's Edge logo colour, it's just a boring logo...

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 17 May 2020

Ryuu96 said:
trunkswd said:

Oh God, that'll trigger me.

Idk, I hope I can figure something out with the VGC tables before then.

I am low-key dreading but at the same time looking forward to July, the thread will have to go through a major update.

Edit - Changed the World's Edge logo colour, it's just a boring logo...

So let's hope they acquire 3 studios...or 6...or 9...etc. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Anyone still playing Bleeding Edge? How do you find the new tank, trash-talking dolphin Mekko?

It's abilities look like it could be great for tactical play and protecting allies, but I'm struggling to be efficient. Any tips?

Around the Network

Klob says that the Halo leak is fake.

Sea of Thieves seems the obvious one.

We are humbled that there have now been more than 200 million copies of Minecraft sold to date, and 126 million people are now playing Minecraft every month.

Last update was 176m, sold 24m copies in a year, still not slowing down at all.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 18 May 2020

KiigelHeart said:
Anyone still playing Bleeding Edge? How do you find the new tank, trash-talking dolphin Mekko?

It's abilities look like it could be great for tactical play and protecting allies, but I'm struggling to be efficient. Any tips?

I get a couple matches either each day or each two days.  Mekko's a great addition when used correctly, which I haven't consistently done.  Here's a great guide in understanding him:

July 2020 Articles:

https://www.vgchartz.com/article/444305/goosebumps-dead-of-night-xone/ (Goosebumps Dead of Night Review - 3/10)

https://www.vgchartz.com/article/444366/the-last-of-us-part-ii-ps4/ (The Last of Us Part II Review - 7/10)

Christ this is a mess.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 18 May 2020