By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:
Tomorrows announcement is apparently unrelated to Sony or Xbox but indirectly affects them, Klob mentioned it affects the majority of Xbox Game Studios.

Makes me think something related to Unreal Engine...

Unreal Engine 5: The realest one yet

Around the Network

Unreal Engine 5 is cool but not really something I'd get hyped for as an announcement.

Imaginedvl said:
starcraft said:

Can I ask what model TV you have? That sounds epic.

https://www.lg.com/ca_en/tvs/lg-86UH9500

Maybe not the best for 'pure' gaming (refresh rates) but this is why I do not really care about the 60hz vs 120hz I'm playing on better and smaller TV in my office for gaming (esp. for shooters) but for adventure/RPG games with amazing sceneries, it is just so much better on the big screen.
Games likes Assassin's Creed Odyssey or Tomb Raider looks beautiful on it ; it is really mind blowing.

So with a better hardware to render (Xbox Series X); I will definitely enjoy it even more.

Oooof, what a great set. Super fast refresh rates are really only relevant if you have a high dedication to online twitch-shooters I find.

I've got a 5 year old 55inch LG OLED. Its still absolutely stunning because the tech is just amazing, but I'd love a larger one. Just impossible to justify (given what it cost haha) until something actually breaks the current TV.

Maybe 'the cat' can knock it over soon

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

sales2099 said:

Remember when Phil talked about liking to see Mechassault come back. Well they just shadow dropped Mechwarrior 5 on PC Game Pass.

Not bad at all, always preferred the sim mech games to arcade ones.

Yeeeesssssss I so wanted to play this but the reviews were a bit iffy so I couldn't justify the cost.

Between this and Gears Tactics its finally time to download the Gamepass for PC app.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I don’t think Ray Tracing will cripple next gen consoles performance like it does to NVidia RTX séries.
XSEX RT block is a beast and will offload any strain on the GPU.

Around the Network
Goatseye said:
I don’t think Ray Tracing will cripple next gen consoles performance like it does to NVidia RTX séries.
XSEX RT block is a beast and will offload any strain on the GPU.

What makes you think that? AMD has never done Ray Tracing before, it could turn out to be functionally inferior on all fronts.

AMD tends to be behind nVidia on the technology front, it's only at 7nm that they have managed to match nVidia (for the most part, nVidia still holds a key  advantage in benchmarks, not to mention a massive feature advantage!) who is still humming along with 12nm hardware.
And it was only with RDNA that AMD managed to match nVidia Maxwell on the efficiency feature set front with functional primitive shaders and draw stream binning rasterization... nVidia's Micro-architecture from 2014, but suddenly they will get Ray Tracing right on their first attempt? I have my doubts.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Ryuu96 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qC5KtatMcUw

Running on PS5...This makes Microsoft's marketing on their recent Inside Xbox an even more awful idea.

The thing is everyone wanted this kind of next gen look last week and now we got a look like this everyone is "WTF is this lame announcement"

That demo was sick.

Yep, Epic sold PS5 to the masses with this demo. I think that MS should have partnered with them for UE5 showcase.

derpysquirtle64 said:
Yep, Epic sold PS5 to the masses with this demo. I think that MS should have partnered with them for UE5 showcase.

Iirc Epic and Somy hve a partnership. Godfall is one of those games in it.