By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
EspadaGrim said:
I hope that Origins and Odyssey receive Series X upgrades but that seems unlikely.

They both run on a dynamic resolution so at the very least they should get a  resolution bump to locked 4k

Around the Network

90 million MAU, 10 million game-pass users... holy shit...

Seems a bit random for Double Fine to suddenly be working on a AAA game. They only have 60-70 staff and a good 40+ of that is on Psychonauts 2 with multiple other projects also in development, Could be an error or means more so a AA game in similar budget to Psychonauts 2 since peoples opinions for a game been AA or AAA varies greatly.

They could also be massively outsourcing and/or setting up a new team/studio under the Double Fine name for Tim/Edgar to run a big project in and ready to start mass recruiting soon similarly to Playgrounds RPG team.

Edgar Newman has been involved in big games at a Senior/Lead Game Designer for some time now.

Last edited by WoodenPints - on 30 April 2020

My kids are going to love Grounded. Hopefully it supports split-screen so all 3 of us can play.

Bring back Guitar Hero!!!

Around the Network

I'm excited to hear more about Double Fines new game in the future! My hope is a Conker game or new IP!

AC Valhalla trailer will be online in 15 minutes.

I am not really a fan of CGI trailers, just show me gameplay...

It seems to be set a lot earlier than the rumoured 11th Century with Alfred the Great been in so possible somewhere between 870-900.

trunkswd said:
Ryuu96 said:

Marketing rights AND Smart Delivery. That is a good catch for Microsoft. Now they need to do the same for CoD.

Nice!
That makes me think how save games and achievements are going to work between the systems.

Maybe it's just one achievement list for X1/Series X but if it isn't and there are two lists and save games were compatible (because why not, might already be confirmed I don't remember) then you could start the game on X1 get 50% of all achievements, continue on Series X and get the other 50% of achievements thus leaving you with two incomplete games.