By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Why even bother???

Around the Network

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Bro. What. How.

How long are people even looking at their dashboard to where not being able to see a theme is a problem? Like ... Play some games and don't worry yourself ma choombas.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

Xbox Series S – 3,951 (207,194)

Xbox Series X – 207 (164,803)

Phil sent barely any Xbox Series units to Japan for Persona 5 release week, smh. We know they are capable of huge weeks there, they had a like 20k week in Japan a couple of months ago. Why in the world would you neglect Japan for shipments this hard on a week when one of your biggest JP Gamepass deals to date releases? 

Well 99% of the people already played it and it only sold 5k on PS5 on a 2 million userbase, it is a nice extra but not nice enough to buy a new console for the game =p. 

DroidKnight said:

Currently sits at 74 on Metacritic. While there are only about a dozen reviews so far, it already seems miles better than the predecessor.

Barozi said:
DroidKnight said:

Currently sits at 74 on Metacritic. While there are only about a dozen reviews so far, it already seems miles better than the predecessor.

Geez, if this franchise is that mediocre, and from what I've seen, doesn't sell well. I can't find info on whether a single entry has sold 2 million copies. Most entries sell under a million units. How does Square Enix never consider these games failures? lol unless they're given such a tiny budget that just half a million sales turns a profit. 

https://www.axios.com/2022/10/27/microsoft-xbox-game-pass-miss

Gamepass growth missed targets by quite a large margin it seems, Xbox wanted 73% growth, but only got 28% growth. Can't say I'm surprised, 2022 has been a pretty lackluster year for Gamepass. Not only have they had pretty much jack for 1st/2nd party games, but the twice monthly Gamepass updates have been largely lackluster so far this year in terms of 3rd party additions, lots of indie and AA, barely any AAA. Sony has been putting multiple AAA bangers into their new PS+ mid tier every month since it launched in June meanwhile. Xbox really needs to step it up in 2023. We already know the first and second party situation will be vastly improved in 2023, but hopefully they fix the 3rd party Gamepass issues as well. 

gtotheunit91 said:
Barozi said:

Geez, if this franchise is that mediocre, and from what I've seen, doesn't sell well. I can't find info on whether a single entry has sold 2 million copies. Most entries sell under a million units. How does Square Enix never consider these games failures? lol unless they're given such a tiny budget that just half a million sales turns a profit. 

Few JRPG series are capable of 1m+ sales, let alone 2m. Only JRPG's I can think of off the top of my head that sell over 2m these days are Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Dragon Quest, Pokemon, Persona, Tales of, and Xenoblade, and most of those are higher budget series. 

Star Ocean: The Last Hope was the best performing game in the series Star Ocean series, both the initial Xbox 360 release and the 1 year later PS3 release sold over 700k copies lifetime according to VGC data, meaning it reached over 1.5m sales. Meanwhile, it's my understanding that Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness only sold around 500-600k lifetime physical + digital, and it's first 6 months in Japan on PS3+PS4 were only about 7k more units than The Last Hope sold on Xbox 360 in the first week in Japan. I think it's safe to say that Integrity and Faithlessness did lose money, while Last Hope made a nice profit (especially since Xbox would have paid Square for the 1 year timed hat on it, in addition to the revenue from the 1.5m+ sales). Square Enix seems to have decided to give the series one last change to return to profit with The Divine Force, if it flops it's safe to say that Square will kill the series and Tri-Ace will shut down. 

Hopefully the fact that reviews for The Divine Force are nearly as high as The Last Hope and well above the reviews of Integrity and Faithlessness, will translate into sales that are closer to The Last Hope than they are to Integrity and Faithlessness.