By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

So I will now be able to see even less of my background. Excellent.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
Angelus said:

Without currently sitting in front of my Xbox, it is not immediately apparent to me how this is different from the current UI lol

Same, I should include an image.

Old

New

They've made it closer to the TV App UI.

Is it just less tabs? Because I certainly wouldn't mind that lol. The Xbox UI has just had so many tabs that it can be nauseating at times lol. It does look a bit cleaner.

NobleTeam360 said:
gtotheunit91 said:

Ouch! I wasn't expecting for Digital Foundry to do a teardown of Soul Hackers. I didn't know the XOne can barely hit 20fps!!!

Wow, that's terrible. I'd expect something like that from the Switch but not the Xbox One. 

There's times framerate goes down to single digits!! It's strange for the game being in line, tech wise, as a 7th gen title, but current-gen consoles have a 30fps mode for this game. Even in performance modes where the target is 60fps, it struggles to maintain that framerate during battle. Atlus definitely didn't invest much in the tech used in the game. I've never heard of a game not have any Anti-Aliasing whatsoever! 

Here's the list of changes for the Xbox UI

old UI looks better. Shame.

Around the Network

This actually would be pretty sick! Although, it kinda reminds me a bit of the PS5 UI.

gtotheunit91 said:

This actually would be pretty sick! Although, it kinda reminds me a bit of the PS5 UI.

I think that custom UI looks pretty terrible much like the PS5's 70-80% of the screen has nothing on it and you have to scroll upwards or sideways more to see stuff.

The updated UI doesn't look too big of a change but has some decent QoL such as chopping the Games and apps box in half and now having the store there as well, Everything below the Home screen I have is custom groups for each genre of game and a Favorites tab for my most played/go-to games so I'd leave it like that and I presume from the screenshot the "Recently added to Gamepass" tab is one of his custom choosing.

Halo Infinite is finally now "Playable" for Steam Deck. I've been a little surprised that Xbox hasn't fully embraced the Deck for their games considering how dedicated they are to the PC platform.

Games like Forza Horizon 4/5, Sea of Thieves, Halo Infinite, Minecraft Dungeons, Gears Tactics, Age of Empires IV, and Psychonauts 2 are only listed as "Playable"

The only Xbox game I can find that's listed as "Verified" is Battletoads everything else, including games like Gears 4, Halo MCC, and Grounded are currently "Unsupported"

Granted, they don't have to support Steam Deck in any way shape or form, but it is a token of good will to PC gamers that they are very much dedicated to them as well. I mean, Bethesda has done a substantially better job at supporting the Deck than Xbox has lol. Xbox has been very light on supporting PC features in general as well for their games on PC, which I'm hoping changes. 

@Ryuu96 wow! Just now seeing the news of the Queen dying. Can't imagine what your country is going to be like over the coming days.