By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:

Add it as a skull option.

That is siiiiiiick! I would welcome that skull option. Although maybe put the over the shoulder camera a little further back. You start to feel a bit jaded after a while seeing that past paced action with the camera being that close to Master Chief

Around the Network

The XGS sale on Steam is going great! On Global Top Sellers, Sea of Thieves is at #3, Halo MCC is at #6, and FH5 is at #9

Well this sucks, but apparently the day that Deathloop was added to Epic Games Store, the Steam version of the game received a small update. Now, the Steam version of Deathloop automatically installs Epic Online Services. If you decide to uninstall EOS because you don't even have the Epic Games Launcher installed on your PC, so you have no need for EOS to begin with, the game will refuse to run.

I looked it up and it's because Epic doesn't accept multiplayer games on its store unless it has crossplay with other PC stores enabled. So the Steam version has to be updated, along with the Epic version. So Bethesda went out of their way to accept Epic's terms and conditions for adding their games to Epic's storefront. I really don't like this kind of policy and I don't understand why Deathloop and Ghostwire: Tokyo were added to EGS to begin with.

Last edited by G2ThaUNiT - on 11 April 2022

Ryuu96 said:
gtotheunit91 said:

Well this sucks, but apparently the day that Deathloop was added to Epic Games Store, the Steam version of the game received a small update. Now, the Steam version of Deathloop automatically installs Epic Online Services. If you decide to uninstall EOS because you don't even have the Epic Games Launcher installed on your PC, so you have no need for EOS to begin with, the game will refuse to run.

I looked it up and it's because Epic doesn't accept multiplayer games on its store unless it has crossplay with other PC stores enabled. So the Steam version has to be updated, along with the Epic version. So Bethesda went out of their way to accept Epic's terms and conditions for adding their games to Epic's storefront. I really don't like this kind of policy and I don't understand why Deathloop and Ghostwire: Tokyo were added to EGS to begin with.

There's not a single Xbox IP on EGS right?

It's a bit weird Bethesda is even bothering with EGS but I suppose that's one of the 'perks' of running independent from XGS, Lol.

Correct. At least up to this point, Xbox IPs have only been on the Microsoft Store and Steam. 

I guess lol but what makes it even weirder is the combination of Bethesda transferring everything from the Bethesda Launcher to Steam, as well as the only Bethesda games being added to EGS is Deathloop and Ghostwire: Tokyo. There's no Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Dishonored, DOOM, etc. unless it'll just be new Bethesda titles going forward. I guess we'll see if/when Redfall and Starfield get EGS pages. 

Was one of the lucky ones that got the $5 balance from MS so I used it towards WWE 2K22 for the Series X.

Around the Network

Splitting XGS and Bethesda means Xbox will continue to be E3, or equivalent, focused.

I want them to split their announcements into 4-5 shows.

X0 Show on Feb/March
E3 equivalent show on June
Gamescom Show late August
TGS and/or PGS on September or whenever they take place

Was really looking forward to playing Life is Strange TC but after only a minute I'm already frustrated because of the poor technical performance.

The high res 30 FPS mode feels super jittery. Turning ray tracing off might help a bit but maybe that's just imagination.

The high framerate mode has super low resolution. Everything that's just a few steps away from the camera is so blurry, it makes me question whether I should get glasses.

I think I'm sticking with the high res mode even when it's clearly sub-optimal.

Two games confirmed coming to XBox/Game Pass soon:

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

Ryuu96 said:

RIP.

Ahhhhhhhhhh and here I was hoping this merger was going to get reversed. 

I suppose it still could but that would take months of undoing and idk if it would be worth it by then. 

It's a weird thought to think that Blizzard Entertainment has a subsidiary studio. I wonder if Vicarious will be renamed to Blizzard East lol

Ryuu96 said:
gtotheunit91 said:

Ahhhhhhhhhh and here I was hoping this merger was going to get reversed. 

I suppose it still could but that would take months of undoing and idk if it would be worth it by then. 

It's a weird thought to think that Blizzard Entertainment has a subsidiary studio. I wonder if Vicarious will be renamed to Blizzard East lol

"We invite you to follow us @Blizzard_Ent"

I think that's as good confirmation as any that Vicarious as an brand will cease to exist, they're 100% being renamed Blizzard 'Something' or just won't be renamed at all. They're now just "Blizzard"

Always sucks to see an original studio get tossed to be nothing more than a cog in a machine and lose all their identity.

Oh damn I missed that lol.

It definitely is confirmation the Vicarious name will no longer exist in the very near future.

This is as an unnecessary as it was for Microsoft to close Ensemble Studios. 

I'll never forget Vicarious Visions games. They were mainly a porting studio for most of Activisions games over the years, but I LOVED Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2: Enter Electro on the PS1. Those were THE Spider-Man games for me for a long time. I was really looking forward to seeing what they were capable of when tasked to make a new Spyro or THPS.