By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
shikamaru317 said:
Shinobi was teasing Xbox reveals coming soon on Era. Said he doesn’t want to reveal to much because he doesn’t want his name plastered on articles tomorrow, but said he is incredibly excited by what MS has coming, and mentioned gorgeous fantasy worlds, reboots, and big sci-fi. My guess is he teasing Fable and Perfect Dark reboots, as those cover gorgeous fantasy and big sci-fi respectively. May also be teasing the rumored AAA Pillars of Eternity from Obsidian in regards to gorgeous fantasy worlds.

Yeah, i'm sure the insider who leak stuff for internet fame would really hate that...

Around the Network

Was Shinobi referring to new games when he said Reboots, Big Sci-fi and Fantasy Worlds or games that we already know about/officially revealed like Halo Infinite/ HellBlade 2.

With his words it could be potentially Fable (reboot)/ Sci-fi (The Initiative)/ Fantasy Worlds(Obsidian/Inxile).

The Initiatives game was at least confirmed to have a reveal this year I believe. Might be too early for Obsidian and Inxile.

Blast from the past. Finished Middle-Earth Shadow of Mordor GOTY Edition.

When I saw the first trailer of this game back in idk 2013/14 or something I was convinced that this was a bad Assassin's Creed clone.

While it does copy a few things from it, I think it's different enough to not be called a clone and especially not a bad one.

Graphically the game does look a bit dated - not surprising for a cross gen game. There are two somewhat big regions but they don't have a lot to offer visually. Game's a little short too. Only 20 main missions in the base game which don't last that long and 54 side missions that can be finished within a minute or so each. Still got some misc achievements to get but so far I spent around 20 hours on it. Story-wise I can't complain too much but the main missions don't really convey a lot of it. They are pretty standard stuff such as kill all uruks in a camp or kill a bunch without being seen or kill a bunch with a time limit. Not very creative but the gameplay (good stealth, archery and combat) saves it. The nemesis system is pretty cool and unique though.

Sadly the gameplay suffers from a few quirks that can also be found on AC games (the ones prior to Origins). Often times you will be stopped dead in your tracks because there's a small object that you cannot climb (such as a barrel). Even walking around it can be pretty hard as the invisible barrier seems to be larger than the object. Another problem is the button layout. A is used for sprinting, jumping down ledges and jumping over enemies (but there's no way to jump dodge). Often times I just want to quickly escape a fight but pressing A may result in me watching the long "jumping over an enemy"-animation instead and being open to fire afterwards. B (in combination with the stealth button RT) is used to brand uruks or climb down walls. However, when you're trying to do stealth brand on a ledge it will often lead to your character dropping to the ground. Furthermore, I found it very difficult to properly target enemies. When using execution abilities, your character will often ignore directional inputs and just execute the closest enemy.

Still, it was a pretty good first game in the series and I'm excited to play the successor.
8/10

Unless I'm misunderstanding something, I don't really see how it's a particularly good idea to announce a game when you don't even have the person designing the gameplay sequences on staff yet.

The Initiative game is well into development stage and the devs feel good about revealing it, according to Drew Murray (one of the main guy there, ex-Insomniac).

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
EspadaGrim said:

Was Shinobi referring to new games when he said Reboots, Big Sci-fi and Fantasy Worlds or games that we already know about/officially revealed like Halo Infinite/ HellBlade 2.

With his words it could be potentially Fable (reboot)/ Sci-fi (The Initiative)/ Fantasy Worlds(Obsidian/Inxile).

The Initiatives game was at least confirmed to have a reveal this year I believe. Might be too early for Obsidian and Inxile.

Well, he mentioned reboots, and neither Halo Infinite nor Hellblade 2 is a reboot. I'm guessing he is referring to new announces. 

Does Battletoads count as a reboot?

The way I felt reading IGN tweet is that a game that used to be Xbox exclusive is coming back as a multiplatform game. Or a game that was more popular on Xbox, something like Splinter Cell.

So some people now seem to think that The Initiative is making Perfect Dark, idk how I would feel if that were the case. I just hope that their game blows me away.

I wouldn’t worry about the IGN article. Probably just news on a existing game we know of. MS handling the announcements and wouldn’t delegate it to IGN.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Frostpunk is so addictive and good. I started it last night and after 3 hours I got banished and game over lol. Now I know not to make the same mistakes again.