By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
KiigelHeart said:
Angelus said:

You just gotta do the combo in reverse, and with a headshot. I imagine that'll still work.

Doesn't this work with most other weapons too though? Or do they nerf melee so it doesn't destroy the shield with one hit?

Sure, it works with anything that can precision strike, but I was felt like that particular gun had possibly the least delay between a melee to shot transition. Maybe it just felt that way due to the gun's popularity in close proximity tho, idk. 

I honestly wouldn't mind if this melee nerf makes it so it doesn't completely strip the shield, but we'll see I suppose. 

Around the Network

Been playing Halo: The Master Chief Collection and I'm enjoying it a lot so far. Finished Halo Reach and Halo: CE Anniversary. Currently playing Halo 2 Anniversary.

Mr.GameCrazy said:

Been playing Halo: The Master Chief Collection and I'm enjoying it a lot so far. Finished Halo Reach and Halo: CE Anniversary. Currently playing Halo 2 Anniversary.

That's fantastic to hear! I really wish Halo 3 got the anniversary treatment, but experiencing the campaign at a much higher framerate and resolution is still amazing. 

Mr.GameCrazy said:

Sweet! Halo is one of those franchises that even if someone may not like shooters, they can still really enjoy it because the story is engaging, and the gameplay doesn't take itself too seriously with its arena style gameplay.

Barozi said:

Played some Watch Dogs Legion recenty. Boy is it boring.
The prologue was okay but the story doesn't pick up at all and I've already completed 1/3 of the campaign.

One of the biggest issues of the game is the non-focus on a single main character. Naturally, when you have so many main characters you can't have long, interesting conversations or monologues since every voice actor would need to speak all of the main character's lines. So instead, 90% of the dialogue is done by the annoying AI and your main character says a line before and a line after a mission. Doesn't make me care for the character or the story.

Another thing I noticed, all of the missions so far have been extremely similar. Drive to a certain point which is a restricted area, hack a PC somewhere, leave the area. The original Watch Dogs had better mission design. It had police chases, looking for people that were hacking you, tailing missions, taking down car convoys, car chases plus the stuff that Watch Dogs Legion is doing.

I was already disappointed with Watch Dogs 2 due to the awfully boring main character but it had at least decent mission design. Here you're getting boring characters and bad mission design.

I seriously hope it picks up soon.

Finished Watch Dogs Legion.

Story picked up a little but eh, still disappointing.
There are basically a couple of shorter stories glued together, each ending with a boss fight (more or less), while the actual overarching story line remains disappointing. The last three missions of the final chapter really aren't that different compared to any other missions in the game in terms of complexity or difficulty. No final boss fight or other highlight to speak of.

Other than that nothing changed from my first impression.

Gameplay-wise it's quite enjoyable, very good recreation of London, story is okay-ish, antagonists are the only interesting characters, mission design is very repetitive.

7.5/10

Around the Network

Game Pass line up leaked (from a very reliable leaker):

• Lost In Random (Cloud + Console + PC via EA Play)
  • Life is Strange: True Colors (Cloud + Console + PC)
  • MLB The Show 22 (Cloud + Console)
  • Chinatown Detective Agency (Cloud + Console + PC)
  • Panzer Corps 2 (PC)
  • Cricket 22 (Cloud + Console)
  • The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet of Chaos - Chicken Edition (PC)
  • Star Wars: Squadrons (Cloud)
  • Dragon Age II (Cloud)
  • Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare (Cloud)

Looking forward to playing Life is Strange TC. Lost in Random looks pretty good as well.

Game Pass this first half is solid. LiS is a definite play through and Lost in Random looks interesting.

shikamaru317 said:

Not much new here, all of those were already confirmed to be UE5 or had job listing for UE5, except for Double Fine, this is the first I've heard about one of their upcoming games being UE5. Not sure if it's their next game though (rumored to be a smaller project) or their next big game from Schafer himself, the new IP.

That's pretty much all of XGS that don't use proprietary engines other than Compulsion Games.....what could they be working on?

I'm surprised to see how dedicated to proprietary engines Sony is for their studios.

Ryuu96 said:

Well, Bioware is using Unreal Engine 5 and Arkane is using Unreal Engine 4 for Redfall, a lot of studios still on Unreal Engine 4 have yet to move over.

I think it's inevitable we'll see more studios more over to Unreal Engine 5 over time, I wouldn't be surprised if DA4 is the lest Frostbite developed Bioware title.

Microsoft seems to be doubling down on Unreal Engine, setting up branching support teams for it, I doubt Forzatech ever goes though or Slipspace, Creation will always exist but only Bethesda will use it. I could see Tango moving permanently to Unreal Engine and even Arkane. Definitely not ID Software though, I don't know about MachineGames. 

RIP id Tech it might be around for a while longer but I doubt Bethesda or even Microsoft would want to continue to invest in a proprietary engine that a single studio uses that only releases 1 game every 5-6 years. If their games were as big as BGS, then it would probably continue to thrive but so far with id Tech 7, it's just been DOOM Eternal. Or at least id Software have multiple projects at once to continue to justify id Tech's existence.