By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I have no idea what this is about but I'm always up for some Helen pics.

Around the Network

Oh boy!

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

My body is so unbelievably ready for Starfield!!!!!

shikamaru317 said:
jason1637 said:

CrossfireX Previews saying the game is mediocre.

The multiplayer always looked meh to me, but the singleplayer trailers that MS have released so far looked excellent, imo better than most of the Halo singleplayer campaigns and all of the Battlefield ones. 

The single player previews arent looking good. Some parts of the game look like a 360.

shikamaru317 said:
jason1637 said:

The single player previews arent looking good. Some parts of the game look like a 360.

Graphically? That doesn't really make sense to me, the singleplayer is running on Remedy's Northlight engine, which was previously used on Quantum Break and Control, both of which are fantastic looking games. The singleplayer graphics also looked great in the 2 trailers:

Only reason I can think of for the singleplayer apparently looking and playing poorly, is how thin Remedy has been spreading themselves here recently. They are only a 306 developer studio, but have been working on 6 games at once according to rumors. Based on both official statements and rumors, they are currently working on CrossFireX's campaign (only 2 of the game's episodes are available at release, Remedy will be releasing more episodes later), Alan Wake 2, a Control co-op spinoff (rumored to be about a group of Rangers, the specially trained agents who are sent into Thresholds on missions), Control 2, a new AAA IP with Sony, and a AA multiplayer game. They were also working on the Alan Wake 1 remaster earlier this year. That is way too many projects at once for a 306 dev studio. 

This is a preview and the gameplay was pre recorded by Remedy. The cutscenes look nic ebut the graphics during gameplay look pretty bad. The scenes from 3:26-:350 looks straight out of the 360 generation.

Around the Network

Started Dishonored 2.
Actually finished the first mission a few years ago but decided to start from the very beginning.
The 30 FPS cap is really hurting the game. Shame there's no FPS boost for this one. What's worse however, are the poor analog stick controls. I have a very hard time aiming precisely which sucks when you try to pick up small coins. They have tons of options for HUD elements but couldn't be arsed to include sliders for deadzone and aim acceleration?
Also there are issues with the stealth mechanics, specifically from which angle and proximity you can choke guards. Sometimes it just won't work. It gets worse when the guard is sitting in a chair. At least there's a quick save mechanic.
Still have plenty of levels left to play but for these reasons alone I don't see myself giving it a 9/10 or higher.

I know Death of the Outsider (and Dishonored GOTY) offers FPS boost. I just hope they improved the controls as well.

Series X had another big restock today and it shot to #1 on Amazon even above the Xbox/PSN cards which doesn't usually happen it usually just sits in the top 5/10 when stock drops and especially with inflated sales on others items at this time of year it much of been quite an amount of stock.

Ryuu96 said:
VersusEvil said:

Decided to do something dumb ... Halo Infinite Laso, I struggled some places on Heroic what am I doing lol. Been playing for about 1.5hrs now currently on the Conservatory.

Get the Scorpion Gun.

Pretty sure that if he doesn't have it already, he can't get it now.

Ryuu96 said:

Man, maybe I should make a Twitch account if they're going to do drops at every event, Lol.

There's gonna be more free twitch drops over the course of season 1 than there are free rewards on the BattlePass that aren't challenge swaps and XP boost.

Ryuu96 said:

Man, maybe I should make a Twitch account if they're going to do drops at every event, Lol.

Should've done that for this past event! I'm loving that weapon coating ;)