By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:
jason1637 said:

Nah, what y’all said can already and is already being done through micro transactions. I’d honestly prefer NFTs than MTX so o can sell skins or in game objects or trade them when I wanna use different skins. 

That's exactly a reason to be against them.

NFTs are just an excuse to do MTXs but at a way more expensive price on the lie that you own it.

This has the potential to be way more exploitative than current MTXs.

Also...

"Whoever "owns" the NFT to become an NPC in the game will be able to buy and sell it up until a specific claim date after the auction."

This nonsense has an expiry date on being able to sell it.

I mean there shouldn’t be an expiry date I do agree with that. But these developers have been selling collectors editions for decades now. I usually don’t buy them cuz I don’t really like owning a lot of physical stuff that take up space. A digital version of these things that appear in game like NPCs that don’t affect gameplay sounds like a great idea. I can see why you might not like them but everything you mentioned is already happening. MTX are getting more and more expensive and invasive as is. It’s not something that gonna happen out of nowhere with NFTs.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
jason1637 said:

Nah, what y’all said can already and is already being done through micro transactions. I’d honestly prefer NFTs than MTX so o can sell skins or in game objects or trade them when I wanna use different skins. 

NFTs are just an excuse to do MTXs but at a way more expensive price on the lie that you own it.

Also...

"Whoever "owns" the NFT to become an NPC in the game will be able to buy and sell it up until a specific claim date after the auction."

What you really is saying is that its something you do not like and because you do not like it, it should not be in a game.  The whole NFT system I see is something you can totally ignore.  For people who want to go down this route, purchase this content and then sell, trade or do whatever they want, more power to them.  I have absolutely no problem with this because if it goes sideways, I highly doubt it will matter to me.  If someone is willing to purchase a NFT that they really do not own then I have to say, those very same people would purchase just about anything.

At the end of the day, this really seems like nothing.  Its something I can totally ignore, it does not appear to have any effect on the game and if it is a scam to take people money, well hopefully afterward they learn something.

Machiavellian said:
Ryuu96 said:

Also...

What you really is saying is that its something you do not like and because you do not like it, it should not be in a game.  The whole NFT system I see is something you can totally ignore.  For people who want to go down this route, purchase this content and then sell, trade or do whatever they want, more power to them.  I have absolutely no problem with this because if it goes sideways, I highly doubt it will matter to me.  If someone is willing to purchase a NFT that they really do not own then I have to say, those very same people would purchase just about anything.

At the end of the day, this really seems like nothing.  Its something I can totally ignore, it does not appear to have any effect on the game and if it is a scam to take people money, well hopefully afterward they learn something.

Exactly. The NFT NPC isn't going to attack you on a mission. You can just walk by it like any other NPC.

Don't see what's so bad about it. Let people waste their money if they want to. Doesn't affect me at all.

Also, how is this different from people who pledge money on a kickstarter project to get an NPC named (or maybe even modelled) after you? Yeah with NFT you can sell that NPC but does that affect me as a player? Nope.

Anyone seen previews or reviews for the gunk? it's releasing tomorrow and I'm interested in it

Around the Network

"I can ignore it so it's alright" is kind a dumb argument though lol

shikamaru317 said:

Man, it sure is good to be able to play SWAT in Halo again. Just had a 22-6 game of SWAT/Tactical Slayer with a Killing Frenzy and a triple kill at one point. It's good to be back home, SWAT has always been my best playlist, my highest Halo 3 rank (44/50) and my highest Halo 5 rank (Onyx) were in SWAT. Pity it's not ranked in Infinite, I feel certain I could get my Onyx if it was.

I haven't been able to try it out but I'm hoping to tonight! I saw in a subreddit that there seems to be some desync issues with SWAT. Did you notice anything?

Ryuu96 said:

I'm actually more impressed FH5 is now up to 3rd! No Fortnite, Apex, or CoD in sight

gtotheunit91 said:
Ryuu96 said:

I'm actually more impressed FH5 is now up to 3rd! No Fortnite, Apex, or CoD in sight

????

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
gtotheunit91 said:

????

Ignore please xD I did not read the fine print