By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

It was Tencent!!

Around the Network

Obviously opening the show. Ending the show is for surprises or at least games not shown before.

Ryuu96 said:

+

Makes me think Tencent is one of the companies interested in WBIE and honestly if they are it would be a little hard for even Xbox to outbid, I reckon in the future we'll see a Tencent streaming service, honestly Microsoft needs to keep a close eye on Tencent as much as they do Sony, if not more if Tencent does a streaming service.

Not really

It wouldn't be too hard for MS to outbid almost any other company on this planet if they were interested in doing so. Question is only if MS wants something as bad as Tencent or not. Tencent is huge but MS even bigger. 

Tencent would be an ideal partner for AT&T but I’m sure the studios in question wouldn’t like to be linked with Tencent in lieu of Xbox.

Around the Network

Far Cry 6 has been leaked:
https://www.trueachievements.com/n42395/far-cry-6-release-date

Ryuu96 said:
Goatseye said:
Tencent would be an ideal partner for AT&T but I’m sure the studios in question wouldn’t like to be linked with Tencent in lieu of Xbox.

Yeah but sadly they don't really have a choice, AT&T isn't going to care about their concerns when it comes to making money.

Also I just saw that Tencent is testing their own cloud streaming service: https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/02/tencent-start-cloud-gaming-platform-test.html

Shit is going to get messy if Jez is right and Tencent goes on a buying spree, Microsoft needs to keep a close eye on them.

They do. They are the biggest asset of the company. If they quit their respective dev team right after or before the acquisitions, Tencent would be getting just a shell of what they bought. Imagine getting Netherealm without Ed Boon and the rest of the producing team. 

Ryuu96 said:

I agree that Microsoft needs more studios but not necessarily as a reaction to Sony but on Gamepass merits alone, Microsoft doesn't need more studios to react to Sony (who don't really have a Gamepass equivalent) but because Gamepass needs a lot of regular occurring content, I don't really think Leyou acquisition is that bad for Microsoft when breaking down the studios.

Kinda funny how a lot of Leyou's studios are working on licensed IP/IP they don't own too - Lord of the Rings, Civilisation, Gears and Certain Affinity is working on Transformers (but I don't think they'll be acquired).

I actually think it's a decent acquisition for Sony but not really a loss for Microsoft.

Different rights are split between different companies and there is bunch of Tolkiens lore less directly connected to ''the lord of the rings'' so very difficult to know who can do what in these matters and without knowing the contents of possible existing contracts.

Ryuu96 said:
Goatseye said:

They do. They are the biggest asset of the company. If they quit their respective dev team right after or before the acquisitions, Tencent would be getting just a shell of what they bought. Imagine getting Netherealm without Ed Boon and the rest of the producing team. 

End of the day AT&T still gets paid and Tencent still has a wealth of developers to use the licenses.

Plus it's not like everyone would leave anyway, rarely happens even if the developers don't like their new owners.

And h onestly, less studios would shutdown under Tencent than Microsoft.

That’s not the worst that can happen to Rocksteady. It can be placed to work as a support studio for Pokémon mmo in China 🙂. 

Additionally, will AT&T trust Tencent, a problematic company, with their IPs like Batman and Justice League?

For the Xbox out of stock news.....I’m hoping the mic drop September release happens. 2 month head start and all. And Lockhart drops when PS5 hits. That would be ideal. Would explain the stock running out in July.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.