By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Amazons Lord of the Rings MMO has been cancelled because of a dispute with Tencent who bought the studio developing the game when they bought Leyou.

How stupid can Amazon be, they should have known that this was going to happen. They could have easily bought Leyou who didn’t even sell for all that much, all this does is show how piss poor Amazon and Google have been in the gaming world Microsoft has nothing to worry about with those losers Tencent is the real threat.

Around the Network

lol yeah the first thing I noticed about Outsiders was the hilariously awful writing and voice acting. It's so bad I don't think they intented it to be like a comedy. At least gameplay is fun enough in co-op but jumping from The Division 2 to this is rough hehe.

Ryuu96 said:

Hopefully Tencent doesn't get it the way of Splash Damage working with Microsoft.

They are likely to move onto their own projects soon, I doubt hat they want to continue to be a support studio any longer.

Edit: Double Post

Ryuu96 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZircDSIninM

Miles/Jez need to be quiet if they don't want it to leak cause they keep whittling it down further.

The Connected World Multiplayer Typhoon IP.

• Very unique.
  • Not a looter shooter or MMO.
  • Team that hasn't been multiplayer centric in the past.
  • Will be a 'new idea' sounds on paper 'never been done before' in a MP game.

There goes a few more studios.

Give us the location next.

Sounds like it's Remedy tbh

Around the Network

Avalanche does sound likely. They are far closer to the "avant garde AAA" game description compared to everyone else unless their name happens to be Remedy or Insomniac.

Ryuu96 said:

Also can one of these Avalanche's change their bloody names? I have to keep double checking I'm not looking at Avalanche Software.

I never get them confused because Avalanche Software has never been on my radar as they have only ever made shovel-ware Disney games and also made one of the worst DBZ games of all time in Sagas.

Avalanche Studios have always been more relevant especially this generation.

Avalanche Studios was one of the devs that I wanted MS to buy, their APEX engine is honestly one of the better ones out there and they have shown to be able to develop both 1st and 3rd person AAA games. Nordisk Film bought them for 140 million and I think that MS could easily offer double that amount and be able to acquire them.

shikamaru317 said:
EspadaGrim said:

I never get them confused because Avalanche Software has never been on my radar as they have only ever made shovel-ware Disney games and also made one of the worst DBZ games of all time in Sagas.

Avalanche Studios have always been more relevant especially this generation.

I think that will change soon though after Hogwart's Mystery. Hopefully WB will rename them soon. 

I really like seeing studios that have not had good track records get a chance to do something really ambitious, Double Helix was going that route too with Killer Instinct and Strider but Amazon just had to ruin them.

Ryuu96 said:

Also can one of these Avalanche's change their bloody names?

Or both. The Avalanche name belongs to this group: