By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
EspadaGrim said:

So OxenFree 2 announced for everything but Xbox, did they have a falling out with MS?

nah probably be announced later for gamepass at some point

Around the Network

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Oh sweet :) Just got the email for Age IV beta! And it starts now.
There is also an NDA.

(installing now, it is a steam key + password)

edit: started it and well, yah cannot share any screenshots... my name is bouncing everywhere with an ID around the screen all the time...

Last edited by Imaginedvl - on 05 August 2021

Not exactly sure why but for some reason I decided to give Final Fantasy XV another chance.

I constantly died in some story related dungeon in chapter 3 so I decided to just put the game on easy and at least enjoy the story since I dislike the battle system so much.

That was yesterday. Now I'm at the end of chapter 13 which is almost the end of the game. Also the pacing is so weird. The first couple of chapters all take place within the open world or at least you will return to it after completing one main mission. Then at around chapter 6 (out of 14!) you will leave the open world and do nothing but main quests until the game is almost over.

I'm quite shocked how short the main story is. I will easily beat this in sub 20 hours. And that's with 30+ completed side quests. Oh well at least there are still a couple of DLC episodes left.

I will leave the rest for my review.

Last edited by Barozi - on 05 August 2021

Ryuu96 said:

Imaginedvl said:

There is also an NDA.

edit: started it and well, yah cannot share any screenshots... my name is bouncing everywhere with an ID around the screen all the time...

An NDA for a beta this close to release? Kinda sus.

Yah this is weird... There are some "Story" stuff visible, so maybe it is for that. But the playable content is really just MP (versus players and AI). 

I played the whole tutorial and it feels good. Def. Age of Empiry :) There is something off with the camera tho, I will start up the other Age of Empires to see the difference but something does not feel right with the camera. Other than that the game looks good to me, not super awesomely good, but good enough.

Around the Network

I did all the side quest apart from the optional bosses. It only took me 36 hours to beat the game on normal. I found the game to hold hands a bit too much. By the time u reach the end of the game u will have 99 of all the different type of elixirs ?

Barozi said:

Not exactly sure why but for some reason I decided to give Final Fantasy XV another chance.

I constantly died in some story related dungeon in chapter 3 so I decided to just put the game on easy and at least enjoy the story since I dislike the battle system so much.

That was yesterday. Now I'm at the end of chapter 13 which is almost the end of the game. Also the pacing is so weird. The first couple of chapters all take place within the open world or at least you will return to it after completing one main mission. Then at around chapter 6 (out of 14!) you will leave the open world and do nothing but main quests until the game is almost over.

I'm quite shocked how short the main story is. I will easily beat this in sub 20 hours. And that's with 30+ completed side quests. Oh well at least there are still a couple of DLC episodes left.

Imaginedvl said:
Ryuu96 said:

Imaginedvl said:

There is also an NDA.

An NDA for a beta this close to release? Kinda sus.

Yah this is weird... There are some "Story" stuff visible, so maybe it is for that. But the playable content is really just MP (versus players and AI). 

I played the whole tutorial and it feels good. Def. Age of Empiry :) There is something off with the camera tho, I will start up the other Age of Empires to see the difference but something does not feel right with the camera. Other than that the game looks good to me, not super awesomely good, but good enough.

Ryuu96 said:

Wow, Back 4 Blood has 376k viewers on Twitch, Lol.

Microsoft was very smart getting this on Game Pass.

Or, conversely, B4B was smart to get on Game Pass. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like this game is another Outriders situation. Most of my friends, myself included, didn't pay much attention to it before...then you find out it's gonna be on GP, and it's like "oh...ok, well let's give it a go then." I mean, this is the studio that's coming off Evolve, right? They could use a bit of a win lol

Any aeo4 beta gameplay videos? I want to see how 1v1 feels like.

Flayer said:

Any aeo4 beta gameplay videos? I want to see how 1v1 feels like.

I got in the beta but it's NDA'd, not played yet. I'm sure that won't stop some people uploading videos though. Already found one person uploaded the tutorail: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXJv8wAXBZY

That text with your user ID bouncing around is going to be annoying. :(

Ryuu96 said:

It may be less that they're saving already built consoles and more them planning a certain amount of consoles for certain periods, for example they target 10k consoles made for Summer and 100k for Holiday (random nonsense numbers) but I do believe it also wouldn't be that unbelievable that they would save some consoles for certain periods.

Like FH5 and HI are both launching in their FY22 Q2, I would think they would want a huge amount of consoles to sell in that period, not only to brag about it in their quarterly report to investors and their growth in comparison to FY22 Q2 but also cause it could provide them with some marketing brags too, like, "Thanks to the launch of Halo Infinite, Xbox Series breaks Xbox hardware records"

Like either way, I don't think they're ordering the same amount of consoles for Summer period as they would be for Holiday.

Couldn’t have said any better

Barozi said:

The game indeed is very strange with the pacing. It has 4–5 chapters to explore open world, then goes completely linear for the next few chapters and then if I’m not mistaken it has just a couple of chapters to clean up all the open world stuff before going into the endgame sequence - point of no return basically. But it seems like you managed to beat it really fast somehow. Just in 20 hours? Well done. I think I’ve spent around 60-70 hours just on the main story. But I was trying to do all the side quests though.

shikamaru317 said:

TGS is typically September, but MS is usually a no-show there, apart from last year, where they had a big nothing burger show. But they wouldn't announce acquisitions at TGS anyway , even if they have a show this year, unless it was a Japanese studio they had acquired. Which would be great of course, but I don't see it happening sadly, even though both Phil and the Xbox Asia head have said at different points that Xbox wants to acquire some Asian studios. 

TGS will have anything but acquisitions, that’s for sure.