By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

3 stars on all the PR stunts, hate drift. Soon I'll be able to check out Halo more lol.

Around the Network

Damn 343 banning me for matches crashing and not giving timers OOOF We need real playlists BAD I been trying to get stockpile for a challenge literally all day and keep getting CTF and slayer

ice said:

Damn 343 banning me for matches crashing and not giving timers OOOF We need real playlists BAD I been trying to get stockpile for a challenge literally all day and keep getting CTF and slayer

This almost makes me glad I'm not playing it for now. I'd rather wait a few more months. 

Forza would unironically be a better GoTY contender than Deathloop.

zero129 said:
Machiavellian said:

Probably a good reason why console developers hate adding PC.  I wonder if its a problem with experience needed on the teams.

Just love when console gamers blame PC for their problems. Cant be anything to do with games getting more complicated to develop anyways with more advanced maps/textures/ai etc etc.Nope just blame PC.

Not sure how exactly you took this as me blaming the PC.  I am blaming the experience of the developers to develop on PC.  Programming for a fix system is way easier then for a system who has plenty of different hardware setups.  It takes experience developers to navigate the PC space understanding how the development stack works between different hardware. Its like you lost the complete context because you jump on some console rant or something.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

So, what did everybody get in the Xbox digital black friday sale? I got AC Valhalla, Jackbox Party Pack 3, Control Ultimate edition, and the Dolby Atmos license.

Nothing, though MS did select me to get a free $5 giftcard for once which was nice lol

ice said:
shikamaru317 said:

So, what did everybody get in the Xbox digital black friday sale? I got AC Valhalla, Jackbox Party Pack 3, Control Ultimate edition, and the Dolby Atmos license.

Nothing, though MS did select me to get a free $5 giftcard for once which was nice lol

Never had one, even saw some people get $100 gift cards from them.

No idea if they do it in the UK.

Ryuu96 said:

Okay, that's nice.

I do wish night time was darker though and there was some weather effects other than fog, although they've confirmed those are coming post-launch so I'm looking forward to that.

Feels like the whole ass game is coming post launch

shikamaru317 said:
Angelus said:

Feels like the whole ass game is coming post launch

5 and a half years of development already at the very least (if the rumor that they worked on a Halo 6 with Halo 5 writer Brian Reed for the first 6 months before dropping him and starting over on Infinite), and yet with 5.5 years of development and like 500+ 343 devs that whole time, we still get half a game, on launch, smh. 

Post-launch additions:

-Ray tracing

-Weather system

-Biomes other than Alpine/Pacific Northwest and War torn

-Career Progression system

-Forge

-Campaign co-op

Anything I'm missing?

Sounds about right. 

I don't mean to sound too negative, because I really am thoroughly enjoying what they have in fact got done, and they're to be commended for actually managing a smooth (pre-)launch for a game of this nature, but it seems pretty clear that 343 has not exactly been using their time in the most efficient manner over these last several years. The game plays beautifully, but that doesn't distract me from the fact that it's pretty barebones atm (and may yet be so for quite some time). One can only hope that whatever management missteps have led this situation have been well and truly resolved, so that 343 doesn't continue struggle in this regard moving forwards. Especially when you want to run a successful long term live service game, you absolutely must be able to deliver content in a timely fashion.

this does explain why there was triple exp on those monster cans a year back

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.