Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - EA Play with Game Pass for No Additional Cost | Series X, Available Nov 10th at $499 | Series S Announced, Available Nov 10th at $299 | All Access Expands to 12 Countries this Holiday

jason1637 said:
Grounded was the 7th best selling game on Xbox in the US last month.

This list is revenue based. This game is a cheaper early access game that is available on Gamepass. I think it did really well getting to #7.

Around the Network

Grounded full release please 😏 Would of been a cute lil launch title on the Series X if they ramped up development. I’m honestly not even sure what launch game I’d be playing... leaning towards Medium but... nothing has got me excited tbh maybe faster load times in SoT 😂

I LOVE GIGGS said:
jason1637 said:
Grounded was the 7th best selling game on Xbox in the US last month.

This list is revenue based. This game is a cheaper early access game that is available on Gamepass. I think it did really well getting to #7.

I wonder if it could be a new beginning of a game just slow burning it's way to being really successful like SoT.

Jez tweeted and deleted that it will be a bad day for Xbox Final Fantasy fans, at this point it's all but confirmed, I also don't think it will be the only moneyhat but we'll see.

Hopefully Sony sticks to only moneyhatting Japanese stuff, I play next to zero Japanese titles so it won't affect me and honestly I don't think it will be that devastating to Xbox as a whole either given the split is already massively in favour of Playstation consoles in terms of sales when it comes to game sales of Japanese titles.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - 4 days ago

Ryuu96 said:

Jez tweeted and deleted that it will be a bad day for Xbox Final Fantasy fans, at this point it's all but confirmed, I also don't think it will be the only moneyhat but we'll see.

Hopefully Sony sticks to only moneyhatting Japanese stuff, I play next to zero Japanese titles so it won't affect me and honestly I don't think it will be that devastating to Xbox as a whole either given the split is already massively in favour of Playstation consoles in terms of sales when it comes to game sales of Japanese titles.

Do those exist? After well over a decade of bad single player FF games? Only broken by a remake of one of the fan favorites, and even that one got complaints from ardent fans about the way they changed the story?

There is pretty much no evidence that Square is even capable of making an all new mainline FF that doesn't suck.

The only FF I have any interest in playing, is the MMO. 

Around the Network
Angelus said:
Ryuu96 said:

Do those exist? After well over a decade of bad single player FF games? Only broken by a remake of one of the fan favorites, and even that one got complaints from ardent fans about the way they changed the story?

There is pretty much no evidence that Square is even capable of making an all new mainline FF that doesn't suck.

The only FF I have any interest in playing, is the MMO. 

Yeah I'm not a fan of FF, I haven't had any interest in any of them except the MMO but rumour is that FF16 is being made by the XIV team so...yeah, might actually be good.

shikamaru317 said:

This looks way better than Tell Me Why imo, wish MS had got exclusivity on this one instead. Story seems interesting, love the Sherlock-like mind palace gameplay.

Yeah Tell Me Why is a little boring story-wise. I'm closing in on the end of the second episode and barely anything has happened.

The shock moment / cliff hanger at the end of episode 1 was weak. I hope the next one at the end of episode 2 will be better... because it will be the last.

So, after seeing the retailer listing leak for Mass Effect Trilogy Remaster, I've lost alot of my hype for it. The Switch release probably kills any chance of this being a proper remastering with significant graphical improvements, we're probably just looking at a 1080p uprez on PS4/XB1, 4K on XB1 X, with barely any graphical improvements on things like lighting, shadows, textures, character models, etc. I was really hoping that one leak was true, the one that said that Mass Effect 1 was basically a full-on remake rather than a remaster, with both graphical and gameplay improvements, while 2 had smaller graphical improvements, and 3 had the least graphical improvements since it was the newest and already looked the best.

Ryuu96 said:

This sucks :( I mean, I will be able to play it on my Play Station Five but I really prefer to play on Xbox whenever I can. Just for the controller, it is really day and night for me... And games will probably look better on the Series X.

Not a big fan of the latest Final Fantasy (15) but I had hope the next one would be back in Ivalice etc..

shikamaru317 said:

So, after seeing the retailer listing leak for Mass Effect Trilogy Remaster, I've lost alot of my hype for it. The Switch release probably kills any chance of this being a proper remastering with significant graphical improvements, we're probably just looking at a 1080p uprez on PS4/XB1, 4K on XB1 X, with barely any graphical improvements on things like lighting, shadows, textures, character models, etc. I was really hoping that one leak was true, the one that said that Mass Effect 1 was basically a full-on remake rather than a remaster, with both graphical and gameplay improvements, while 2 had smaller graphical improvements, and 3 had the least graphical improvements since it was the newest and already looked the best.

Don't get me wrong, there's always good reason to doubt that EA is gonna do a bang up job, but I don't really see a Switch version of a potential ME Trilogy remake/remaster as an extra reason to worry. We've seen that the Switch is capable of running some pretty demanding games, albeit at noticeably reduced fidelity, so there's no good reason that the system couldn't run the ME Andromeda spec of Frostbite for a Trilogy remake, which seems to me is what would most likely be used if we're talking about a more high effort remake.