By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Eurogamer: PS5 and Xbox Series X Spec Leak.

$600, just pushes towards PC rig, lets be honest. Suicide for a console, won't sell. The X barely sold well.

Around the Network
setsunatenshi said:
HollyGamer said:

actually the gap between 9.2 to 12 teraflop are around 28 to 30 % less then PS4 pro to Xbox One X 42%

Trust me we will not see the same thing with PS5 and Xbox 12 because both will be using the same CPU that rid all of the bottle neck and developer have many technique like VRS (variable rate shading)  CRB , etc etc that will be available on both consoles. also having a faster GPU clock at 2 Ghz and the same bandwith  already have benefit for both  design and will ended  very close.

PS5 has a great  spec while Xbox X has slightly better sepc then PS5, unlike PS4 with great design and Xbox One is bad design choice. 

i wasn't talking about the x1x vs pro, i was talking about the original consoles.

regardless, there's a world of a difference between the x1x and the pro graphically.

as i mentioned in a separate comment, the IPC gains in RDNA only make this difference even bigger, you can't compare "flops" vs the previous generation and think it means something

The only "big" difference has reared its head in games where the upscalling on PS4 Pro has produced weird artefacts like in RDR2. Otherwise please inform me of the games where there is a world of graphical difference. Unless you think 1440p vs 4k on the average 50" TV is that huge graphical difference? 

The gap between PS5/XSX could could be bigger, but using Pro vs 1X as the basis is not that compelling of an argument.

kirby007 said:
Sounds like the software based raytracing, looks a bit more likely

Hardware base raytracing has already been confirmed. 

shikamaru317 said:

Saw this earlier today. Digital Foundry independently verified the source of yesterday’s AMD leak, so this is looking pretty likely now. Specs read like $600 for Series X and $500 for PS5 to me, but they could be lower if they decide to subsidize. Hopefully MS decides to buff Lockhart/Series S up to about 6 tflop from the rumored 4 tflop from a month ago, and sell it for $400 with a disc drive and $350 without a disc drive, or less if they are subsidizing. That would provide a nice lineup of pricing options for consumers, you can either go cheap, expensive, or take the middle road.

This lockhart thing should be treated as a rumour until MS says anything about it. Also, there's no cheap option mentioned in your post.

setsunatenshi said:
HollyGamer said:

actually the gap between 9.2 to 12 teraflop are around 28 to 30 % less then PS4 pro to Xbox One X 42%

Trust me we will not see the same thing with PS5 and Xbox 12 because both will be using the same CPU that rid all of the bottle neck and developer have many technique like VRS (variable rate shading)  CRB , etc etc that will be available on both consoles. also having a faster GPU clock at 2 Ghz and the same bandwith  already have benefit for both  design and will ended  very close.

PS5 has a great  spec while Xbox X has slightly better sepc then PS5, unlike PS4 with great design and Xbox One is bad design choice. 

i wasn't talking about the x1x vs pro, i was talking about the original consoles.

regardless, there's a world of a difference between the x1x and the pro graphically.

as i mentioned in a separate comment, the IPC gains in RDNA only make this difference even bigger, you can't compare "flops" vs the previous generation and think it means something

both will be using the same uarch and the same RDNA , so the gap are measure based on the RDNA. Unless if one are using GCN while the other using RDNA then we will have a reason to argue. PS5 are using Navi RDNA 1 9.2 teraflop while Xbox X are Navi RDNA 1 12. They are the same Uarch. 

Last edited by HollyGamer - on 31 December 2019

Around the Network
Hynad said:
HollyGamer said:

Seriously, quit the biased spins.

If those specs are legitimate, the gap is quite a big one and you’d be a fool to think that the difference won’t be perceptible. 

This is basically a 3TF gap between both consoles. Based on the entire gaming history, such a difference has always been noticeable. There’s no reason to think that things will magically (or “secret-saucically”) be different this time around.

Every gen is the same, with people like you always making the same kind of comments, and they’re always wrong.

We will see a difference if those specs are true. There’s no way around this.

I don't see that as a spin nor it a big gap when you compared to PS4 to original Xbox One, let alone PS4 pro VS Xbox One X. 

You don't measure  based on nominal alone, but on percentage that's how you compare two separate number.

HollyGamer said:
Hynad said:

Seriously, quit the biased spins.

If those specs are legitimate, the gap is quite a big one and you’d be a fool to think that the difference won’t be perceptible. 

This is basically a 3TF gap between both consoles. Based on the entire gaming history, such a difference has always been noticeable. There’s no reason to think that things will magically (or “secret-saucically”) be different this time around.

Every gen is the same, with people like you always making the same kind of comments, and they’re always wrong.

We will see a difference if those specs are true. There’s no way around this.

I don't see that as a spin nor it a big gap when you compared to PS4 to original Xbox One, let alone PS4 pro VS Xbox One X. 

You don't measure  based on nominal alone, but on percentage that's how you compare two separate number.

Ultimately we won't know until we see the games.

If both target the same resolution we could see bigger graphical differences/LOD/quality of raytracing etc. This gen differences have always just been resolution/stability.

Otter said:
setsunatenshi said:

The only "big" difference has reared its head in games where the upscalling on PS4 Pro has produced weird artefacts like in RDR2. Otherwise please inform me of the games where there is a world of graphical difference. Unless you think 1440p vs 4k on the average 50" TV is that huge graphical difference? 

The gap between PS5/XSX could could be bigger, but using Pro vs 1X as the basis is not that compelling of an argument.

1440 is quite different than native 4k, twice the pixel count in fact, so, yeah... it's just maths. and again, as the first sentence, non-bolded one mentioned, i was talking about the original ps4 and xb1

Otter said:
HollyGamer said:

Ultimately we won't know until we see the games.

If both target the same resolution we could see bigger graphical differences/LOD/quality of raytracing etc. This gen differences have always just been resolution/stability.

Agree, i am not saying there will be no different or i never said we will not see a difference , what i mean is the difference will be super hard to notice with that small percentage difference of teraflop number. 

HollyGamer said:
setsunatenshi said:

both will be using the same uarch and the same RDNA , so the gap are measure based on the RDNA. Unless if one are using GCN while the other using RDNA then we will have a reason to argue. PS5 are using Navi RDNA 1 9.2 teraflop while Xbox X are Navi RDNA 1 12. They are the same Uarch. 

we suspect they will both be in a similar architecture, yes, but even that is not confirmed.

but even so, increased efficiency in IPC means the real world performance gap would be higher than the already brutal 30 or so % difference you're measuring against in the previous gen

having said this, i still refuse to take these rumors as any type of confirmation, i personally don't believe there will be such a performance gap between the 2 consoles