By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Star Wars Episode 9 currently the 3rd lowest reviewed movie in the series by critics

This new movie is a DISASTER. And a shameful fucking ending to the SW saga.

But you know, you can always just say it ended with Return of the Jedi. The sequels were elaborate fanfics.

Around the Network

Oh Disney!

The one thing I took out of this was that the prequel trilogy got way too good reviews. Revenge of the Sith is the only halfway decent film in that trilogy, and I still wouldn't call it a good movie. I won't say anything about Rise of the Skywalked until I actually see it.

I saw it last night. Had its flaws, but overall was very good. The first 10 minutes is waaaaaaayyy too fast but it settles in to a good pace after that.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Well, I'm still stoked to go see it on saturday. Don't really care for the critics as I enjoyed the prequels (even if Attack of the Clones IMHO the worst Star Wars movie of all the movies out now that I've seen, which is all save for Rise of Skywalker, and I still enjoyed Attack of the Clones), and I honestly enjoyed The Last Jedi (even if the slow progression of the plot might have hampered this movie).

Around the Network
Darashiva said:
The one thing I took out of this was that the prequel trilogy got way too good reviews. Revenge of the Sith is the only halfway decent film in that trilogy, and I still wouldn't call it a good movie. I won't say anything about Rise of the Skywalked until I actually see it.

Prequels totally got reviewed with kiddie gloves on. The first two also had built in excuses for TPM it was "well of course it's a silly kids movie, Anakin is only 9! You can't judge it so harshly!".

For AOTC that then shifted to "Ok that wasn't great but Yoda fighting was bad ass! You had to at least enjoy that! And this one doesn't have Jar Jar or the kid actor so you can't review it lower by default and just let it go the next movie is where Vader shows up and will be the darker, more serious movie you want"

Then ROTS was "well ok, some things there didn't work, but you can't say that wasn't better than TPM or AOTC! And we get to see Vader become Vader! And it ties in to the original movies! Remember how great the originals are! You have to give it a better score than TPM and AOTC."

The only Star Wars that was dope was the 80s trilogy (episode IV, V, VI). The other trilogies are awfull.

And lol at the US critics who gave 93% and 91% for episode VII and VIII. No credibility there.

They praises shitties Disney's movies and trash a masterpiece like Joker.

Last edited by Keiji - on 18 December 2019

Keiji said:

The only Star Wars that was dope was the 80s trilogy (episode IV, V, VI). The other trilogies are awfull.

And lol at the US critics who gave 93% and 91% for episode VII and VIII. No credibility there.

The Joker bored me to tears for the first 1/2 of it. Try watching non comic book films for actual "masterpieces", lol. 

Soundwave said:
Keiji said:

The Joker bored me to tears for the first 1/2 of it. Try watching non comic book films for actual "masterpieces", lol. 

Because you have shitty taste. You can't do anything against that.

Last edited by Keiji - on 18 December 2019

Keiji said:
Soundwave said:

Because you have shitty taste. You can't do anything against that.

And Joker is not a comic book film for me.

Yeah putting a movie thats an obvious rip off of Taxi Driver and King of Comedy on a pedestal and acting like sure is something alright, try watching more movies. 

The story arc quite frankly is stupid too ... so the Joker is crazy because he was ... mentally ill all along and simply got cut off from his meds. 

To me that's cheap storytelling ala Game of Thrones where in the end basically "well Dany is a crazy nut job because it's genetic, her dad was nuts too". It takes all agency from the character out of the equation, they're just doing stuff because they're "crazy". 

The Killing Joke (comic book) origin story for the Joker is deeper than that.