By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Star Wars Episode 9 currently the 3rd lowest reviewed movie in the series by critics

Keiji said:
Cobretti2 said:

What makes Joker better than Taxi Driver and ultimately a "masterpiece" as you called it? Would like to here your opinion on it.

For that I will need to write in french because I'm lazy to translate everything for you. And I doubt you know anything about french language.

LOL i think I got my answer. You relate mentally to the mental "Joker". 

Around the Network

Jokers is a "masterpiece" to comic book nerds who are overly sensitive about people making fun of them for being obsessed with comic book stories so it's a movie they can point at and say "see! That's a *serious* movie! It's not all silly stuff!" even though really it's just basically aping Scorcese's work from the 70s/80s into a Joker origin story.

But I'll get attacked for saying that because it cuts too close to the truth.

I'm not saying it's a terrible movie, but overrated definitely.

Cobretti2 said:
Keiji said:

For that I will need to write in french because I'm lazy to translate everything for you. And I doubt you know anything about french language.

What, I'm right. I won't do all the job for a loser like you. 

trunkswd said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Considering how well the very flawed The Last Jedi was reviewed, I don't think I can trust reviewer consensus on Star Wars movies.

My thoughts exactly. The Last Jedi was not a good movie. Did the special effects look nice? Sure. But that doesn't help the terrible story. 

I thought the special effects in The Last Jedi were a step down from The Force Awakens. I loved that it wasn't as much of a remake as TFA was, but there the space combat looks "squash/stretchy" (like traditional animation). Rise of Skywalker seems to have continued this trend, with ships looking more like cartoon characters moving through space than machines. 

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Soundwave said:

Jokers is a "masterpiece" to comic book nerds who are overly sensitive about people making fun of them for being obsessed with comic book stories so it's a movie they can point at and say "see! That's a *serious* movie! It's not all silly stuff!" even though really it's just basically aping Scorcese's work from the 70s/80s into a Joker origin story.

But I'll get attacked for saying that because it cuts too close to the truth.

I'm not saying it's a terrible movie, but overrated definitely.

No you are attacked because you have bad taste. That's all. At the end of the day Joker is Top 20 on IMDB.com. It's not the Bible but it's good indicator sometimes. Way better than your opinion at least.

Around the Network
Keiji said:
Cobretti2 said:

What job? I asked about YOUR opinion as to why you think it is better. I can't mind read lol.

Clearly from your responses on here and the stupid childish PM, I know the answer.

Cobretti2 said:
Keiji said:

What job? I asked about YOUR opinion as to why you think it is better. I can't mind read lol.

Clearly from your responses on here and the stupid childish PM, I know the answer.

Only a child shows a screenshot of his mail. You gonna cry to your mama next ?

Keiji said:
Cobretti2 said:

Only a child shows a screenshot of his mail. You gonna cry to you mama next ?

Yer cause reporting you to admin behind the scenes is the manly thing to do instead of talk to you head on lol.

I call a spade a spade as I see it. 

There is no point responding to you no more as it is derailing the thread.

Metacritic sucks for movies. Scores for things are all over the place and hardly ever make sense, or even parallel overal audience response in reality.

I’ll wait for the IMDb score, that’s usually close enough. Myself I’m going to see it friday, and make up my mind then.

Cobretti2 said:
Keiji said:

Only a child shows a screenshot of his mail. You gonna cry to you mama next ?

Yer cause reporting you to admin behind the scenes is the manly thing to do instead of talk to you head on lol.

I call a spade a spade as I see it. 

There is no point responding to you no more as it is derailing the thread.

At least you admit that you are scared. Imagine being scared of a french guy LOL.

That just internet, don't take it too seriously.

Last edited by Keiji - on 18 December 2019